“Wonderful 1st trip to Turks and Caicos!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Providenciales
Harbour Club Villas & Marina
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I booked this trip for my family after reading the many positive reviews that I read on Tripadvisor.com, and I was not disappointed. Barry was extremely generous in sharing his knowledge about the islands and was thoroughly hospitable. He allowed us to borrow snorkling equipment and my family had the best time at Turtle Cove. Please go and enjoy the bluest ocean, the most wondeful and friendly hosts and have a blast! My family enjoyed the vacation so much that we are planning to return next year.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank daisy20454
There are newer reviews for Harbour Club Villas & Marina

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We loved our stay with Marta and Barry. The rooms were very comfortable and the view was gorgeous. Our hosts were very familiar with the island and quite helpful with information. Being a sailor, I found it great being near a marina where I could go chat with the folks who had cruised in. That was also convenient for scuba diving, since three of the local operations has boats that left from that location.

I tend to be very connected - have a hard time 'cutting the wires.' So it was a little frustrating to have to sit by the pool to get the Internet, since the WiFi didn't work in the rooms. Not s show stopper, but something to be aware of. Marta explained that they had tried to installed repeaters, but that they didn't work for long and they had yet to figure out why.

Another thing to be aware of is that they are a short ride to Grace Bay, whe most of the activity on the island is. And the nearest store is also a short drive (nothing is really that far from anything on the island). So a car is a necessity if you stay. On the other hand, the quiet and the seclusion are part of what makes this place so pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank amracel
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I'll start this by agreeing with the several hundred people below me who have said that Marta and Barry are the nicest people.

And then I'll go a stage further and say that being nice has nothing to do with it, they're warm, they're friendly but most of all they're hospitable. What do I mean by that? Well they treat you as guests, rather than as customers and that means that nothing is too much trouble. They'll never sigh, they'll never roll their eyes and they'll never flash you a plastic smile while they try to palm you off on somebody else.

When you're at Harbour Club Villas and Marina - you're family. And these guys will do anything for family.

Here's an example. We arrived, a little frazzled because the airline (WestJet) had managed to smash our stroller into a couple pieces, meaning that our 9 month old baby had nothing to sit in. Within an hour of hearing this Marta and Barry had called around, managed to find a loaner, had been to collect it and had it waiting for us at the villa. You just don't get service like that elsewhere - and it's not atypical of these guys. Scan the other reviews and you'll get a pretty good idea of what we mean.

The place itself. Well HCV is pretty close to all of the places that you might want to be. No it's not on a beach, yes you are going to need a car but if you have one you're never more than 10 mins down a (bumpy) road from where you want to be.

The Villas are clean, decorated in the Caribbean style (wicker!) and have AC in the bedroom, 4 rings to cook on, a decent fridge / freezer, coffee maker and a microwave. There are lots of utensils, a flatscreen TV and some pretty decent pay cable channels too. Modern luxury it is not, but it's functional, the views are nice, the breeze nicer and everything is well maintained.

The landscaping is really lovely too. Sitting out by the BBQ by the small (but again immaculate) pool was an absolute joy as you're surrounded by a mature garden that's obviously loved and you stand a good chance of running into the couple themselves (a joy in itself)

So why only 4 stars? It sounds idyllic.
Well there's my reluctance to give anything 5 stars and then there are a couple of tiny things.

When you arrive the refrigerator is spotless, but empty. A bottle of water in there would have been really welcome (you CAN drink the tap water I know but so many people tend not to). A 'first hour' welcome basket (say water, some fruit, enough coffee for two cups, a mini milk) would be fantastic.

Then there's wireless internet. Yes it's available, but not from the villas themselves. You have to head out to the BBQ area to pick up the signal. Which during the day isn't an issue at all, but at night when the bugs are biting outside (everywhere on the island) it would be nice to be able to get online from within the villa itself.

Tiny points though. I'd choose Harbour Club Villas over a hotel on the island any time. Yes it's more remote but it's also quieter, more personal, more relaxed and much, much more friendly. The place is well run by people who seem to like people, who will go the extra mile for you and who have built their own little piece of heaven from scratch... and love to share it.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: All of the villas are private, don;t worry
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Steve W
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Harbour Club Villas & Marina in June/July '11 for our honeymoon! Everything was absolutely perfect! Marta & Barry are two of the nicest people! Every morning we'd get advice on what beaches to visit and restaurants to try. Our villa was beautiful. We had a full kitchen, dining area, family room, and beautiful bedroom! The grocery store was 5 minutes away - we made breakfast every morning before heading to the beach. We got to enjoy the nice pool and spent a lazy afternoon in the hammacks! We also had a private patio where we got to enjoy our morning coffee. I would def recommend this place to travelers. It is located on the quiet side of the island - you need a car to travel to the beaches (but the drive is minutes). The condos are oversized & very spatious. Marta & Barry are full of information & we felt like family staying with them! My husband & I plan on returning for our 5 yr anniversary! If you are adventurous & like the quieter side of the island, I would definately recommend this place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsey R
martaTCI, Owner at Harbour Club Villas & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We'll look forward to seeing you guys back on your 5th anniversary. We wish you many days of love, sunshine and happiness in your new life together and are so glad you enjoyed our little piece of paradise for your honeymoon. Sunshine wishes, Marta and Barry

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I can't say enough about the level of service we got from Marta and Barry. My wife, and I booked our honeymoon here after finding the reviews on TripAdvisor and it was the perfect decision. Marta kept great communication with us up to our arrival and scheduled our scuba dives, and offered to make our grocery purchases prior to arrival so we would not have to. We missed our initial flight to Turks due to a bit of a hangover from the wedding and we were not able to get a rental car when we arrived. We had a Taxi deliver us to the Harbour Club Villas & Marina and then Marta arranged us a ride to go get dinner. The next morning Marta had a rental car delivered for us. During our dives my wife, and I took several pictures underwater and realized we forgot our camera card reader. No worries there either, Marta came through with not only a camera card reader she also helped us doctor up the photos using her computer and e-mailed them to us. During our stay one of our employees tracked down our location and called Marta to arrange a surprise. Upon returning from our dives for the day Marta delivered us a bottle of Dom P along with fresh flowers. Marta in now way had to do this. She drove to town and purchased the items arranged the flowers prior to accepting any payment from our employee. She sent the total later to gather payment. If you want service you will never find at a hotel, and great company and education about the island I highly recommend you book your next vacation at Harbour Club Villas & Marina.

Room Tip: There are 6 villas and they are all pretty much in the same location. There are no bad villas.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed with Barry and Marta in 2007 (see our previous review Nov 25/07), and spoke so highly of their villas that our friends decided to plan a destination wedding there this past May. Between their families and other scuba diving friends, we managed to fill their resort. Both Barry and Marta went out of their way to make our visit a perfect one. We stayed for two weeks, and felt like we had never left from the last visit. Many times, we had the local beaches all to ourselves for hours on end. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Harbour Club to any of our friends and family, and we look forward to returning again ourselves!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calgaryscubagirl
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We took a chance on Harbour Club Villas for our wedding on the advice of a friend and it really paid off. The owners, Marta and Barry, made our stay the best we've ever had. From the royal treatment as they greeted us the first day to helping us with any request (no matter hoe crazy), the villas are sure to impress you. You don't have to worry about researching the little detal of Providenciales, they've already done it for you. We will definitely go back as they've become part of our extended family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family