My wife an I just returned from a 7 night stay at Ports of Call and our first trip to Provo. The staff is all very friendly and very helpful when we had some issues come up. Upon checking into our room we noticed the AC was not working so maintenance came right away to try to fix it. They were unable to repair it so we were upgraded from a first floor garden view to a second floor pool view. Another day, my snorkel fin broke and they were able to let me use some duct tape for repair, which was really great of them to do!
The hotel itself is very clean and we love the modern look of the rooms and grounds. The pool was clean and refreshing. The location is ideal, a 5 minute to to beach, upscale grocery store (the store is pretty expensive, check out the IGA or some of the other grocery stores in the area) across the street, and some nice restaurants and shopping plazas just down the road. There is also plenty of parking if you have a car. The continental breakfast is basic but does the job. Considering how expensive food on the island is, its a great that they include it. Free wifi is also a nice bonus, there were some connection issues with it but that dident bother me.
A few minor issues. The rooms need more hooks for hanging towels and swim suits on. Ended up having to hang stuff over the chairs and any other nook i could find. The bed was a bit worn, it kinda dipped in the middle. Laundry was expensive, nearly $15 for a single wash, dry, detergent and taxes. I know energy is expensive on the island, just glad we only had one load.
Overall a wonderfully priced, centrally located alternative to those overpriced mega resorts! Worth a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, an island of the Turks and Caicos, and is only a short 15-minute drive from the Providenciales airport (PLS). The property comprises of a central building featuring a welcoming reception, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Ports of Call Resort has 98 fully renovated deluxe junior suites approximately 325 sq ft offering pool view (some with balcony or terrace) and others with garden views. Rooms are located in two three-story buildings (no elevator) surrounding a tropical pool area that creates an intimate boutique setting. For your enjoyment, the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar and lounge, table tennis, billiard table, pool, hot tub, comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, towels, and a dedicated children's play area. Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas, stand up paddle-boards, and kayaks, and is only 300 yards from the property. A shuttle runs each hour and beach towels are provided. The property also includes the Shops of Ports of Call. The plaza offers a variety of restaurants, bars, gift and clothing shops, as well as a spa, hair salon, ice cream parlor, dive shop, conference space, fishing charter, and auto/scooter rentals, further enhancing the Resort's array of services and amenities. Daily continental breakfast and in-room wifi included in all room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales