My family just returned from a week stay at Ports of Call Resort. We were part of a larger group of scuba divers. This review is my opinion, and may not represent the views of the diving group, as I am one of the non-divers. The facility was bright and tropical, rooms were pretty much as described and very pleasant. The pool, table tennis, lounge chairs, and grounds were all quite nice. Staff friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a shuttle to Grace Bay beach if you don't feel like walking the two blocks to the beach. There isn't a lot to do for kids besides the pool and beach though. Introduction to SCUBA is available; I saw class and individual instruction. Local restaurants are quite pricey and the nearby grocery store very useful. The hotel did sponsor a couple of events; there was a bingo game, karaoke competition, and cocktail party-nice social hour.
Grace Bay beach is wonderful and calm, but two small but important caveats. There is a boat lane but it is not marked except by ropes (no signage). The other is a partially demolished concrete pier. Be careful! The water is too shallow for jumping or diving! EMS and hotel staff had to get me to the hospital to treat a serious foot injury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, an island of the Turks and Caicos, and is only a short 15-minute drive from the Providenciales airport (PLS). The property comprises of a central building featuring a welcoming reception, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Ports of Call Resort has 98 fully renovated deluxe junior suites approximately 325 sq ft offering pool view (some with balcony or terrace) and others with garden views. Rooms are located in two three-story buildings (no elevator) surrounding a tropical pool area that creates an intimate boutique setting. For your enjoyment, the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar and lounge, table tennis, billiard table, pool, hot tub, comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, towels, and a dedicated children's play area. Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas, stand up paddle-boards, and kayaks, and is only 300 yards from the property. A shuttle runs each hour and beach towels are provided. The property also includes the Shops of Ports of Call. The plaza offers a variety of restaurants, bars, gift and clothing shops, as well as a spa, hair salon, ice cream parlor, dive shop, conference space, fishing charter, and auto/scooter rentals, further enhancing the Resort's array of services and amenities. Daily continental breakfast and in-room wifi included in all room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales