“Very Nice Overnight Stay”

Ports of Call Resort
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way to North Caicos the next morning. We arrived pretty exhausted after a long day of flights and connecting flights. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to take care of us. The room itself was not super fancy, but it was very nice and comfortable. The showers were nice and hot and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was just OK, but we enjoyed eating it outside on the beautiful hotel grounds. The hotel was right next door to some small shops, as well as a relatively large grocery story. This worked out perfectly for us as we were able to get some supplies and all of our groceries for our 10 days on North Caicos (which has very little for groceries and supplies). Overall a very comfortable, pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We reserved a room with a king bed and got a room with 2 doubles instead. It looks like others have...

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location the upgrades are fabulous Martin at the front desk as well as the whole staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast is perfect those fruit danishes are so good! The Manager David is extremely considerate and pleasant. I plan on going back next month and continuing my stay at Ports of Call.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tina1978
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and the pool was great... It did not seem very busy, but we met some other couples and a few nice divers staying here. Although it is not on the beach it is right across the road from the main beach and Seven Stars Resort - which we went to for lunch (Great and deserves another review)

Very pleased with Ports of Call and probably the best value on Grace Bay beach!

1  Thank Scott J
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice rooms, well located, good staff. Great value. Close to a dive shop (Dive Provo), restaurants (Via Veneto and Jimmy's Dive Bar - this one is very nice), spas, and gift shops. Highly recommend. Breakfast could be a bit better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiguelFGouveia
GeneralManagerports, General Manager at Ports of Call Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for the great review!

The Ports of Call Resort makes available, 3 varieties of freshly baked pastries, Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee, Tea, choices of juices ranging from mango, orange, pink grapefruit and apple. 3 varieties of cold cereal, milk, fruit, yogurt, Non-sweet Breadst, jam, jelly, peanut butter & cream cheese.Microwaves are also available for your usage.
This is our complimentary Continental Breakfast offered from 6:30am to 9:30 am daily.

For a full breakfast Jimmy's Dive Bar located at the Ports of Call Plaza (located steps from our door) offeres Breakfast all Day.
A three minute walk to the Gourmet IGA offeres full breakfasts for under $7.00.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I traveled to Turks with a friend last year and it was a great relaxing experience. We were picked up promptly at the airport and the ride was about 20 minutes from the airport to the hotel. They allowed us to do an early check-in. Since we booked our hotel/flight with a Jetblue package the $8 a day energy fee was included in that package. Our room was big enough for two with twin beds. The room was clean and it had sufficient towels, clean bedspread and the bathroom was neat and very tidy. One thing I do recommend is to bring a very good conditioner I did feel like the water in the shower made my hair feel like straw. I used the hair products provided by the hotel and i regretted not bringing my own. Continental breakfast consisted of pastries, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice nothing too fancy but satisfying. The supermarket was accross the street and yes it is expensive. It was pricier than NY supermarkets and the food in NY is not cheap either. The restaurants accross the street were reminiscent of maybe an Applebees they really were not my type of dining. The menus consisted of pastas, pizzas nothing that I wanted to spend money on. I guess to experience maybe the fresher food like seafood visiting the other restaurants is a must. Unfortunately we didnt rent a car (we dont drive). I do have to say that a car is recommended when visiting Turks. I have a feeling we missed out since we could only stay within our vicinity. We were two girls alone and didnt want to venture out where we didnt know how safe we would be. The beach was about a 5-10 minute walking distance with such a beatiful scenery walking was not a problem for us. The beach wasnt crowded ever and we had access to beach chairs any time of the day. Turks is not at all like a South Beach or Cancun I felt like it was more couples or maybe locals or families. There was never partying or loud music or loud people which was nice. I did the horseback excursion with Provo Ponies and it was amazing the best part of the trip for me. I was terrified but got the hang of it and it was so amazing. We were picked up on time and dropped off on time as well from the horseback excursion. The next day we did a boat ride where we ate a conch salad and drank rum punch. I cant swim ( i know loser) so I missed out on the snorkeling in the middle of the ocean with the most beautiful shade of green/blue water I have ever seen. I do have to say it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.

The only thing I would opt for in a second visit would be staying in all inclusive hotel. The supermarket food was expensive and the restaurant food was expensive as well. There wasnt a little hole in the wall where you can taste fresh food at a discount. So I would probably just spend the extra $100 that an all incusive will cost. This package was about $560 on Jetblue including taxes and fees and the energy $8 fee from the hotel. Provo Ponies was $89 and this included the taxi pick up and drop off. The snorkeling excursion was $89 both excursions were worth the money. I did feel like I got my moneys worth.

**Since you have to remove the energy key when exiting the room this made it difficult to purchase food at the market and save. So obviously things that could spoil we were not able to purchase. I saw a lot of people purchasing food which is a good idea but our room did not allow that.

The hotel also provided free wi-fi and we had service even out on the beach..the staff was friendly and super nice. My friend requested a fresh coconut and they got one for her free of charge (she just tipped) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My best friend arrived on Mother's Day and we just returned from an absolutely amazing vacation and our stay at Ports of Call was just awesome! I have been used to staying at all-inclusive resorts, and after seeing the prices at the other resorts, I never thought I could afford to visit Turks and Caicos anytime soon.

Well, I just love this place! The staff was very friendly and helpful from the first day to the last. The rooms were clean and housekeeping was on schedule every day. Our room didn't have a balcony, but that was no big deal - I'll just make sure I get a room with a balcony on my next visit :)

The lobby was open and airy with a small breakfast room off the lobby. The continental breakfast was pastries, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. I don't really eat big breakfasts, so what they had available worked for me and the coffee was very good.

Watson, the bartender was a darling! I enjoyed talking to him and learning about the island and the culture. The hotel is not right on the beach, but it was a short walk and the walkway was right across the street. We did use the shuttle a couple of times. Daniel, the shuttle driver is a very nice guy. When you come to the end of that boardwalk, the ocean just smacks you in the face. Absolutely awesome! The beaches of Grace Bay are the most beautiful I have ever seen - and you can walk for miles if you want. Beach umbrellas were only $8 a day to rent (I've paid $25 at a hotel in San Juan) - chairs were free and you didn't have to get there very early in the morning to grab a beach chair.

The Ports of Call Village was adjacent to the hotel and convenient, but a 15 minute walk took you further to more shops and restaurants. I was disappointed that Spa Tropique wasn't open; we pre-booked appointments, but the place was closed the entire time we were there (not the hotel's fault though.) Actually the spa/jacuzzi at the hotel pool was a nice consolation for my sore legs (from snorkeling - which was awesome, by the way!) There were 3 restaurants in the Village - we went to 2 of them. Jimmy's Dive Bar was just - eh okay. Wings and fries were safe - was hesitant to try anything else. The Upstairs Bar and Grill was better in my opinion. There was in Italian restaurant, but we didn't go there - we wanted to experience the local cuisine

If you are willing to venture out and go where the locals go, you will eat some incredibly good food. The people were friendly, warm and welcoming. They like talking about the island and sharing their knowledge with you. We met a local guy who was nice enough to show us around the island. He took us to two great restaurants while we were there. We had some amazing conch fritters, fried fish and some kick-butt jerk chicken and pork. Talk to the locals and they will tell you where the best places are to eat that are affordable.

If you are looking for that typical resort party atmosphere, this is NOT the place for you. I live and work in NYC and my job is stressful. I needed a quiet, peaceful and truly relaxing vacation and this place delivers. My friend and I felt safe in the area around the hotel and on the property as well. We met another female who was traveling alone and we all agreed that this was a safe place. At night we spent a lot of time around the pool and we saw the security guard making regular rounds every night.

The hotel is a non-smoking property, but they designate a nice patio area in the back behind the pool - screened by nice landscaping which didn't make smokers feel like they were being banished too far from the main pool area.

I can't help but feel like I don't want to tell too many people about Ports of Call. I kind of wanted Ports of Call to me my own little secret paradise! Amazing - I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Darlene L
GeneralManagerports, General Manager at Ports of Call Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Another fantastic holiday in the beautiful Turks & Caicos Islands!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my 5th Turks and Caicos visit and this trip was to be done on a budget. This is the property that allowed exactly that, nice reasonably clean, nice pool and hot tub. The pool deck was very clean and well kept the outdoor furniture was very nice. The proximity to the Ports of Call plaza made things very convenient and accessible, there was adequate parking for the rental Jeep, and security. The staff was very friendly and the General Manager took time to talk to the guest and actually seemed to care. The first room we had was on the first floor and had not been renovated, but they moved us to the 3rd floor to a room that was renovated very nicely after there was some water pipe issues outside our room, which was cleaned up fast and was not really an issue to us at all. the continental breakfast was very adequate, not great but we really kept the get what you pay for idea in mind...the total package for us was just over $2400 for 7 days including flights on Air Canada from Toronto, so from a value perspective we won big. I would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to friends...it was a very refreshing change from the all inclusive or more posh resorts...it fit my personality very well. If you need more spend more but for what we spent excellent value!

Room Tip: 3rd floor of renovated rooms are way way better!
2  Thank Kevin B
GeneralManagerports, General Manager at Ports of Call Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Excellent to hear that your holiday was fantastic and the added value of our location and rates left some room for your excursions! We at the Ports of Call Resort appreciate your kind review, this will be shared with our staff, thank you.