Despite reserving a king bed, which was done by reserving directly with hotel, we were given two full size beds. I immediately called the front desk and was told the manager was unavailable and nobody else could help us. This is not the type of thing you want to deal with after spending $2k to fly to Turks and Caicos for a long weekend.
A couple of hours after checking in, we finally found the manager. He told us he wished he knew we wanted a king bed, as someone just complained about having a king that wanted two gulls. Seriously, are they really that disorganized or incompetent? Hadn't I just asked to change rooms?
The first thing the manger said was it wasn't a bait and switch. That was exactly what I was going to call it, but he beat me to the punch. I explained to him that I wouldn't have come to Provo if I knew I wasn't getting a king bed. He must get a lot of that.
We were showed a room in the non-upgraded potion of the resort that had a king bed. What a dumpy room. Worse than the Bates Motel. Do NOT book a room that is not a "premium one", as the old ones are dark, ugly, and depressing. I wasn't impressed with the manger's handling of the situation, as he refused to take any responsibility for their unclear (deceptive) booking policies.
On our second day, they moved us to the room we reserved, which was a hassle. The bedroom area only had one light and didn't have bedside lamps. They need to out lights next to the bed.
The rooms were pretty clean, but in need of maintenance. Ours had a sharp screw sticking out of the floor and a broken screen.
Overall, the hotel was clean and met expectations, except for the fact they are deceptive about their booking policies. This must be changed - we overheard others who had the same problem.
The beach isn't far away, but you walk down a long alley that is a service entrance to the adjacent Seven Stars Resort - not nearly as nice as the pictures. That wooden walkway they depict on the website had broken/worn out rope railings - it looks pretty bad.
There were plenty of beach chairs and they also rent umbrellas on the beach.
The IGA grocery store is 100 yards away. Surprisingly, the liquor was cheaper there than at the US airport duty free store.
We stayed over New Years, so the hotel was pretty full. They really need to improve their booking process to clearly state that if you reserve a king you may be sleeping in a full bed.
Overall, it was fine. Room clean, good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, an island of the Turks and Caicos, and is only a short 15-minute drive from the Providenciales airport (PLS). The property comprises of a central building featuring a welcoming reception, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Ports of Call Resort has 98 fully renovated deluxe junior suites approximately 325 sq ft offering pool view (some with balcony or terrace) and others with garden views. Rooms are located in two three-story buildings (no elevator) surrounding a tropical pool area that creates an intimate boutique setting. For your enjoyment, the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar and lounge, table tennis, billiard table, pool, hot tub, comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, towels, and a dedicated children's play area. Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas, stand up paddle-boards, and kayaks, and is only 300 yards from the property. A shuttle runs each hour and beach towels are provided. The property also includes the Shops of Ports of Call. The plaza offers a variety of restaurants, bars, gift and clothing shops, as well as a spa, hair salon, ice cream parlor, dive shop, conference space, fishing charter, and auto/scooter rentals, further enhancing the Resort's array of services and amenities. Daily continental breakfast and in-room wifi included in all room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales