“Enjoyed my stay, no dissapointment”

Caribbean Paradise Inn
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I chose to stay at Caribbean Paradise Inn because it was what I was looking for according to the previous TripAdvisor reviews. It was exactly what I wanted, the price affordable, clean, quiet, very comfortable place. Best of all, very helpful owner who will make effort to help with whatever you may need. The beach is less than 5 min walk away, I was there solo and walked to the beach several times a day and felt safe, even after dark. Caribbean Paradise Inn is not a luxurious 5 star hotel, but the best choice if you want to save on lodging and spend your money on water sports and other stuff instead. I loved my stay and wont stay anywhere else if I return to Providenciales.
Tip: Bring your own shampoo and conditioner, and lots of sunscreen.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank goosetraveler
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Paradise Inn

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We have just come back from a trip to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos archipelago, where we stayed from the 10th to 22nd May 2011. For this holiday we decided to stay at the Caribbean Paradise Inn, having read the positive comments on TripAdvisor, and we could not make a better choice. The structure is not big, it is composed of only 17 units on a two-storey building. All rooms are spacious and clean, have a terrace or balcony overlooking the garden of bougainvillea and palms and the pool. The rooms are comfortable, nicely decorated in colonial style, with large double beds , air conditioning, ceiling fans, walk-in closet and safe. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, very pleasant. The owner, Jean Luc, from France, was always nice and helpful. On departure day he gave us the possibility to leave the room over the scheduled time for check-out, which is not usual and that we greatly appreciated. For those traveling with a pc you have a wi-fi connection for a good rate. There is also a kitchenette on the balcony, still in charge, for those who wish to use it. Just a trick: bring mosquito repellent as there are in good quantity. With a few minutes walk you reach the most beautiful beaches - the hotels along the coast are all equipped - we have agreed with the overseer of one of these and for $ 15 (12 Euros) we could have 2 sunbeds, parasols, clean beach towels every day, two tables, fresh water. There is however also the public beach and Paradise Inn provides you with beach towels if you do not have them. Providenciales island is very quiet, there is no night-life, but near the Paradise Inn there are many restaurants (belonging to the hotel facilities) and, about 10 minutes on foot, a well-stocked supermarket where you can make delicious take- away salads, or buy other foodstuffs that can be tasted in an adjacent space equipped with tables and chairs. Pay attention to closing. The restaurants are all very expensive although they are not of high standard. Eating by candlelight on the beach has its fascination still. Also nearby there are several shops that close at 18: the products on sale are not of high quality, these are mainly souvenirs for tourists. We highly recommend this hotel if you do not prefer an all inclusive accommodation.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and I think the rate is really a bargain given that everything on this island is so pricely. Of course the rooms are not as luxurious as those in the 5-star resort on the beach front, but they are still spacious, comfortable and very clean. In short, it is the kind of room which you want to stay in, relax and take a nap in the afternoon between the beach activities.

Manager Jean Luc and his staff are all very nice. Wen, the lady at the counter is so pleasant and helpful in answering question and arranging everything for us. She booked the snokelling and kayak tour for us and took the initiative to follow up with the company when the pick-up service arrived late. When she helped us to book a car, she also recommended us to choose the start time and return the car the airport such that we can save the taxi fee of US$30.

There is a cafe at 1 minute walk selling fresh pastry, salad and sandwich. A nice restaurant Coyaba is just downstair but it's expensive (~USD40 for a entree). A very large supermarket, and a handful of less expensive restaurants are located at/on the way to a shopping arcade Saltmills at about 10-15minutes walk - which is very important if you are not driving as taxi is very expensive in provo and there is no public transport. Apart from that, there are lots of moderately expensive restaurant within walking distance along the beach.

WiFi is available at reasonable cost. Connection is very good.

My only "negative" comments is that the breakfast is just simple - but it's still more than enough to make you full. Considering the price I paid, I have no complaint at all. The money saved is good enough for you to enjoy breakfast elsewhere if you don't like it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This small inn is laid back, quiet, simple, clean, and inexpensive. I did not experience any of the nuisances described in the previous reviews.

The location is great, right behind the resort hotels, a nice, safe, paved, five minute walk to one of the most beautiful beaches I have visited (and I have seen hundreds, all around the world).

My room (#18)was very private, basic, clean - the maid came every day. It had shampoo/body wash distributor, fridge, coffee maker and coffee, LCD cable TV, phone, alarm clock, safe(free), wireless, WORKING AC unit, no problem with water pressure and the hot water took about 30 sec to come.

You are served breakfast (3 fruits/bread/jam/orange juice/muffin/pastry) which you can enjoy in their beautiful garden or eat throughout the day as you please! I ate on my patio every night cooking for myself. The grocery store is about 1 mile away (walkable if you have the right shoes!) - note prices are about twice what you pay in the USA.

The pool was of good size clean and I used it morning and eve everyday and had it to myself every time.

There are chairs and umbrellas you can bring to the beach as most chairs on the beach are reserved for resorts guests. snorkel gear is available(free) and Wen will lend you beach towels as needed.

The water is not drinkable but there is always cool water distributor a few feet away from the rooms and ice at the front desk.
There is also a BBQ that may be used by guests.

The hotel felt very secure, there is a keypad to enter the gates after 9PM and a guest who forgot their keys told me they failed to break in!

The only drawback is that gracebay is a mere 30$ taxi from the airport (the inn does not seem to offer transport service) even though it is only 7miles away.

One night I stayed up later than usual chatting at the front desk and got bitten by mosquitoes so I would recommend bringing repellent if you will be out at night. Other than that they are not a nuisance during the day.

This hotel is a GREAT value, Jean-Luc and Wen were such great hosts, and I would DEFINITELY stay again.

Tip: Rent a bike (15$) and visit part of the island however I recommend extreme caution as the main roads do not feel very safe traffic wise. keep on the curb when you can!

Room Tip: Room 18 balcony (on the end) is very private
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank stsav
Reviewed May 3, 2011

After five days at this small but absolutely perfect little inn, I can say that I have completely enjoyed my visit to Provo and feel like I was the personal guest of a very friendly local. The room was large and adequate, certainly clean and well serviced every day. The pool and property is immaculate due to the constant vigil and presence of the very cordial owner Jean Luc. His staff is friendly and very accomodating. While this is not a high rise four diamond type of experience, it is, in my opinion better. You get a true local flavor of the island and at a very good value. I will return, without a doubt.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back building have kitchenettes
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Great location and reasonably priced. The Grace Bay area is full of high priced resorts and restuarants, but this hotel is very quaint and well-priced for those on a budget. Right next door to the Casablanca casino and across the street from Grace Bay Beach. Many restaurants and resorts are in walking distance. Overall had a good experience at the hotel, but the trip was not the fun vacation we were looking for. Mostly couples and families vacation in Provo. There were no local gems or nightlife to discover here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed 5 days at the Caribbean Paradise Inn and it was absolutely perfect. We were looking for a boutique hotel and not a huge impersonal expensive resort. The rooms were newly remodeled and comfortable and being upstairs in a balcony room, very private. Grounds were very attractive and had a nice pool area. Close to Grace Bay which has to be one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. Also, close to the Saltmills and main shopping area of Provo. Right next door is the Cobaya Restaurant which is excellant and it just happened that Don Johnson & family were dining there the same night as we were. ( Lots of celebs have a vacation home in the Turks.) Jean Luc and Wen were wonderful but I have to say Wen went beyond in her efforts to make sure we had a a great experience. Breakfast is included which is very basic...coffee & juice, fresh fruit & toast was good but I would recommend improving the pastries with fresh and not the prepackaged that was offered. This is my only negative comment,
Restaurants and taxis are both very expensive on the island. Car rental is highly recommended thou we elected not to, did take a tour to North & Middle Caicos with Big Blue. Favorite restaurants? Cobaya, Coco Bistro, Lemon and the Conch Shack.
I have been to several islands in the Caribbean and I have to say Turks & Caicos are top on my favorites and if I were to come back, I would stay at the Caribbean Paradise Inn. It was that perfect!
Geri