“Relaxing and fun!”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
sarasota FL
“Relaxing and fun!”
Reviewed May 20, 2007

I was lucky enough to secure 1 cent each way airfare on Spirit Air (taxes came to $80 roundtrip...) so I went looking for a place to stay for a week in May. I am a diver and Club Med was running a special for $900, so I booked it. This included a $100 voucher, so that paid for one day of diving. This also included your Club Med membership, good for one year.

I am a 50 year old single woman, and while there were lots of single people there, most were 25-35. I don't think there was any man there my age. I had fun, though, thanks to friendly people and the Chief, Eduardo, who made everyone feel welcome.

Check the weather before you go. It rained the entire week I was there. I just checked weather.com for PLS and it said with the humidity it felt like 107 degrees, and I concur! Take bug spray, and itch medicine with you. Be careful to avoid walking around 6 at night when they spray for mosquitos and there is nowhere to get away from the toxic spray! Take good books to read because after the dance lessons and snorkeling trips, there is not much else to do in the rain. Also, keep in mind you can get sunburned on cloudy days, even under the palappa, so wear sunscreen!!!

I enjoyed my night at Le Mer restaurant. I loved the scallop appetizer. At the main restuarant, the white and chocolate breads are not to be missed, and the spread of desserts for the French night was worthy of a photograph. Yes, you can get tired of the food, but try something different every night and this will help.

The rooms are nothing to write home about, but there was plenty of hot water and lots of fluffy towels. It took a while for the air to get cold in the room. My suggestion is to leave it on cold all day to help maintain the coolness. TIP: The lightswitch for the light above the bed is hidden in the headboard.

There was always something happening around the pool: latin dance lessons, aqua gym, trivia, etc. You can be as involved as you want to be, or have solitude when you wanted at the beach.

The diving is good. There are some terrific walls there and tMatt and the dive staff is friendly and helpful. The day after I dived, they saw a shark. Be sure to bring a computer if you have one, as they will let you buddy dive if you use one.

All in all, Club Med is hard to beat on this island for all that you get. Provo is expensive. I think when you consider all that you get in the all-inclusive: food, drink, room, lots of things to do, it is well worth the money!

• Liked — Lots of hot water
  • Disliked — Dated room with some ants...
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
9 Thank jeanninelehman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
NYC- the ONLY city
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I read such mixed reviews on this site, so with some minor trepidation, we booked club med, my first stay since I was 19 (40 now) I can honestly declare that I don't have a single really bad thing to say about the place (unusual for us) The staff was more than friendly, the rooms are just rooms, no real special treatment here, but that's okay, the point of being here is to be social, and be by the pool or the beach, which is quite possibly one of the most beautiful I have ever, ever seen! Club Med is certainly not for everyone, I would never think of it as a place for a Honeymoon, please stop leaving bad reviews for booking your dream honeymoon vacation here, and it wasn't what you expected, ITS NOT FOR YOU....
The only negatives I can possibly say are that the A/C really wasn't great in the rooms, the food is OKAY, not great, don't bother with the restaurant, really just boring tasteless food, and the fact that there are no balconies stinks because we had an ocean front king room, and could not really take advantage of the striking sunsets unless we went down to the beach (no big deal, really) the snorkeling when we went was just okay, there were more rays and barracudas just under the dock of the club...
The two must-haves really are the white choc bread, and the mango/rum frozen drink.....other than that try to stick to martinis or the like.....where they will use the quality vodkas....
That's it....great trip, great price, direct flights from JFK, fun people, amazing beach, what more could you possibly want from a Carribean vacation?

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — air conditioning
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SomerSky
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Just returned from an awesome time at Club Med Turkoise! Where do I start? It was awesome. After a slight glitch where my friend and I had to change rooms due to a booking error, it was uphill from there.
We were greeted by the Chief of the Village - Eduardo. And all I can say about Eduardo is that he is a HOTTIE! It was a nice touch that he and several of his team take the time to meet and greet all incoming guests. We were greeted with a cool, scented cloth and a nice cold drink before we were taken on a little 'tour' of the area before going to our rooms. Our luggage arrived only minutes after we did.
Turks & Caicos has the most amazing beach - water/sand beautiful.
The GO's are excellent. Friendly, helpful, outgoing. Always smiling and excited to have you participate in whatever activity is happening at any given time.
The "Crazy Signs Dances" are hysterical and lots of fun. And may I also say that the chief of sports (I can't remember his name) is also a HOTTIE. That guy can move his hips...Let's just leave it at that.
The shows at night are excellent - given that the GOs are the entertainers and not professionally trained. Very fun. A must see!
The food is good. I'm not a huge eater, so it's hard for me to make an assessment. I will, however, echo everyone's thought about the White Chocolate Bread. It's AWESOME!
We kayaked and sailed on the HobieCats (Thanks, Dave!).
The group that was at Club Med Turkoise the week we were there (April 21-28) was mostly Canadian, Italian and American. Many from my home state - Massachusetts!
Great vacation! Definitely will go back but hope that the rumors of Turkoise converting to a family resort are not true. Keep it as an adult only village. It rocks.
Thanks to Eduardo (did I mention he's HOT?) and Giorgio along with all the GO's; the bartenders are awesome.
It was a great vacation adn I can't wait to go again....

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank DancingSue
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My family and I have been going to Club Med for the past 30 or so years. We have watched our children grow up as we vacationed in various clubs in the North American Zone. This was the third time we, as a family, spent a week at Turkoise and without a doubt it was the best ever. My adult children loved participating at the Circus, windsurfing, snorkeling and being at the most beautiful beach. My wife and I loved watching our kids and also the snorkeling. We found the G.O.s to be extremely helpful and friendly. Eduardo, the chief of the village was one of the most outgoing and accessible chiefs we have encountered and he helped to make this the outstanding vacation that it was. Two slight negatives were that one bag of luggage was left at the club on our departure to the airport and we had to pay for the taxi to bring it to us. This was after it was put in the charge of one of their employees. The other was that only one G.O. could sit at a table during meals. This left individual G.O.s eating alone or with one or two other people when tables could have been filled thereby giving people more of an opportunity to interact. Meeting new people and having this interaction is one of the attractions of Club Med. Overall great trip. See y'all next year. clubschu@bellsouth.net

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank BigDaddyofWilmington
Washington DC
Reviewed April 28, 2007

My wife and I are frequent travelers as well as frequentors of Club Med. We have found that there are several common denominators to the Club Med formula.

First, they have the most beautiful locations (including beaches). Second, the ability to be involved, if you choose,
in various activities from sports to excursions. And finally,
the opportunity to meet many different people from different countries.

During our stay, we found a good balance of Americans, Canadians-English and French speaking-, Europeans and
Latin Americans.....singles, couples and grand parents too.

With regards to Turkoise, our stay was from April 21st until
the 28th 2007. On the positive side:

1. fantastic beach (walked its entirety)
2. welcoming GOs (great Chief of village- Eduardo)
3. great white and chocolate bread
4. clean and simple rooms

On a cautionary note:

1. food some what repetative (but remember ALL ingredients are imported since agriculturally the island is extremely poor)
2. locals are indolent and unfriendly ...this is most evident during meal times (there is a need to import labor from DR, Haiti and other islands)
3. sun is very strong...bring tons of sun screen

I feel for the previous writer's travails about the airport and travel. We took US Airways and their computer system upgrade and conversion caused us a 4 hour delay (it has been happening for the entire month of April), baggage delay in Charlotte of 1 hour, Custom's delays...good thing we were on a vacation "HIGH"!

Our advice, go with the flow and avoid US Airways!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank marenostrum
Toronto
Reviewed April 26, 2007

I read every review available before our visit to Club Med Turkoise and several since we got back. I had to relay our very positive experience to hopefully counteract the negatives you may read.

My husband and I are in our 40's (42&47) and went for our 21st Anniversary. We have travelled to several resorts so we're quite particular and I can tell you this is a very nice vacation spot.

The resort is somewhat average looking but it's set on one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. You can have anything you want, they are there to cater to you. There are tons of loungers at the pool and on the beach...you don't need to get up at 6 a.m. to reserve your seat. Each morning we headed for breakfast at 10 a.m. and easily got loungers on our way by.

Room: colorful, clean, lots of towels and wash cloths, lots of hot water, bottled water, soap & shampoo. Give the maid a small tip every day and she'll surprise you with small flowers or flower petals.

Food: Ok at the a la carte-service isn't great there. Excellent at the buffet-lots of variety, very fresh and tasty. Find the latte and cappucino maker on your first day! We're wine drinkers and we found the wine choices to be very nice. You just pick up a bottle of your choice (french bottles of rose, white, red) and take it into the dining room with you. (Chilean and Californian wines are hidden at the main bar). I was a bit apprehensive about sitting at a table with others but it's fun. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet some nice people. The drinks at the bars are A-One and if they're watered down as some mentioned then we never noticed. Snacks at the beach bar are good...ask for quesadilla if you like that, it's not on the menu!

GO's: There to serve you. They're extremenly helpful and friendly. They set the tone for this extremely friendly and social club. They meet you at the airport and quickly and efficiently get you to the resort. When we got to the resort we were checked in immediately and our bags were in our room within 15 minutes, no waiting around!

Activities: Lots if you want them...but you can sit and do nothing and they won't bug you.

Entertainment: Shows were ok. We loved the afternoon entertainment "Dave the Guitar guy" and "Two Blues Guys" really fun and they get the crowd going.

Airport: We had a positive experience in the airport...quickly through immigration to the resort (30 mins max). OK departure too.

Overall atmosphere is that this is an extremely relaxing, friendly and helpful resort. Watch out for the mosquitos though...they're wicked. Bring bug repellent and DO NOT OPEN YOUR WINDOWS AT NIGHT. Some people did and got eaten alive.

This club is not a huge party place which we liked. No drunken, loud, obnoxious people to ruin your afternoon of sipping a cool drink, looking at the beautiful beach and relaxing in a truly lovely resort.

Hope this helps!

• Liked — It was relaxing
  • Disliked — No balconies
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
12 Thank CamKay
toronto
Reviewed April 22, 2007

My husband and myself had just returned from one week vacation from Club Med Turkoise on April 21. We had a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable week. Below are few comments:

1. Room : clean, reasonable size and comfortable bed.

2. Food : excellent presentation, variety, quality and taste. I believe the chefs have put their hearts when they prepare for the meals.

3. Activity and entertainment: fun and pretty good.

4. Gos: friendly and nice.

5. GM: the best (friendly, sincere, fun, full of energy and definately best in class).

6. Beach: very, very beautiful. This is the best beach by far as compared to Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba, Cancun. The water is so beautiful and the sand is truely as fine as powder. The sunset is breath taking.

7. Tips: no stress and presure to tip as tipping was not allowed. Services are sincere and not artifical due to tipping.

8. Airport: worst experience ever. The airport and personnel just can't or not able to deal with volume and problem. On arrival, we had to line up under the sun for couple hours to get through custom. On departure, we had to line up under the sun for four hours to check in.

Overall, Club Med Turkoise is not a five star luxury resort, however, it had exceeded our expectations. There are a lot to do if you prefer to be part of the activities and yet you can also do nothing and still be part of the fun.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple