“Are you single, active, and have a good liver? You'll love it.”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“Are you single, active, and have a good liver? You'll love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2006

I love this place. But it definitely depends on when you go. During peak times, December, February, all of spring are fantastic for singles who live to drink and have fun. January is slow as well as the off season. Hence, you will get a different crowd (couples, older).

Bar opens at 10am and stays open until about 3:30 or 4. Sharkies is good bar food, you will definitely get sick of the buffet. If you want a change of pace, hit a restaurant in town, it's worth it.

When I went, it was hook up central. Everyone was happy, drunk, and having a great time.

You can do all the sports and off campus activities or you do nothing at all. The beach is amazing.

Bottom line: If you are single go, if you are hot and single, book immediately. If you are in a couple, think twice, especially if you get jealous easily. Your singificant other won't be able to help staring at all the other beautiful people.

• Stayed December 2005
16 Thank bluedaisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2006

I stayed at Club Med Turkoise from Feb.10 til Feb 16th. I was really looking forward to visiting the Turks and Caicos because I heard so many beautiful things about it, and I just figured that staying at Club Med was the "place to be". It was nice to be greeted at the front entrance with glasses of fruit punch and a G.O personally escorts you to your room and shows you all the amenities. Our room ( E 2229) was nicely sized and neat and the bathroom was newly tiled and stocked with towels. The bed ,however, was too frim and the pillows were too flat. Be prepared to remain out of your room for better part of the day since getting your room cleaned won't happen til about 3pm. We were given large complimentary bottles of water eveyday, which was nice because they were $2 at the gift shop. And speaking of the gift shop, come prepared to spend because the prices are high. Because the club is not a large one (about 298 rooms total) it was not a chore to walk to the beach or the pool from our room. I wasn't impressed with the food at all. Your best chances of getting a meal are either at the main dining room or at Sharkie's (sort of like a snack grill). There is a restaurant that takes reservations, however, the dining room to that seats only about 70 people so be prepared to wake at 6am in order to try to make a reservation. The breakfast at the main dining buffet is horrible. The eggs are powdered and the bacon is cold and greasy. Your best bet is a box of cereal or maybe a selection of fruit. Lunch, I found, was the best tasting meal of the day. The alcoholic drinks are not all the better. The choice of alcohol for the most part is cheap island stuff and I couldn't get drunk even if I wanted to. Most of the times the bartenders were really busy so forget about getting served a drink "with a smile". For the most part the employees (not the G.O's) were pleasant, but there were still quite a few that gave me the impression that they did not necessarily care to be there. The shows were nice and you can see that the G.O's worked hard to perfect them. The trapeze show and the "tennis comedy shows" were the best. The nite club was pretty fun and the DJ accomodated me with a song or two. As far as the G.M's (gracious members) they were not gracious at all, and that's the biggest part of my complaint. Most of the guests are French Canadians (Quebec and Montreal) and they were not nice at all. They hated the Americans and booed them at every show every chance they got. They would cut in front of anyone on line and "excuse me" and "pardon me" are not in their vocabulary. As far as activities, the club does try to keep everyone busy, but excursions are extremely expensive. So if you spent every last dime on your reservations and airline flight, don't expect to be able to afford the excursions. One good thing did come out of my vacation. I met about 6 of the nicest people (ordinary Canadians) on my trip who I am going to keep in touch with, and I am grateful for that. As far as returning to the Turks and Caicos (amazing beaches) again, I will, however the next time I'm staying at "Beaches".

• Stayed February 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2006

This was my 2nd time going to Club Med Turks & Caicos and I loved it. I was there this year Jan. 13 for 1 week and compare to last year there were some changes that were made. First off I think the Chef du Village Eyal is doing an amazing job. Taking control of the GO's. This year they were all out there by 10am greeting the guests and smiling which I didn't seem to see last year when I was there. The food starting from breakfast to supper is just amazing. So many variries of food. One tip I must give anyone going to Club Med is try the CHOCOLATE BREAD. It is just so amazing. The great thing about the chocolate bread is that if you love it so much you can order it 48hrs before you leave and you can bring it home. The rooms this year are a huge improvement compare to my last trip. They are renovated and can actually take a decent shower. I give the organizers of the shows 2 thumbs up. They were well organized and just did an amazing performance in all the shows. The costume designer has done an outstanding job on the creativity of the costumes, and Ben has done an amazing job on technical for the shows. The GO's were well involved in all activites. I must say that Eros, Gury, the Jeff and Jeremy were very helpful in that department. They got everyone involved in sports, water aerobics and we can't forget the Crazy Signs. My favorite part of the day. For all those lazy, laid back people who don't like getting up when they are sun bathing, not too worry. There are bar tenders going around to take your order for the drink of your preference. On those hot days, there are GO's who come along and give you Mr. Freeze to cool you off. And just when you feel you would like a piece of fruit there are the GO's passing around fruit. It is these little things like I mentioned that just make you return again to such an amazing village. Thanks to all the GO's at Club Med Turkoise who made my trip an incredible one. For any one who has questions they can email me.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2006

Had huge expectations for this place as I was told it was mostly young single NYers. Instead I got a week of geriatrics and french canadians (not there is anything wrong with that). Most of the vititors were 40-70yrs old, french speaking and there were many couples there as well. It seemed to me that any single girls that were there were hooking up with the GOs (employees).

The food was pretty good for buffet style. Large selection of food including fish, meats, cheeses, salads, fruits. If I were you I would pass on SharkiCertaily the alcohol was never missing..you could always find a glass of wine, a shot of vodka, or a beer but do NOT expect a large selection of alcohols. Top shelf is a word that does not exist at Club Med Turkoise. Bar staff is pretty overworked and you can tell by there nasty attitudes sometimes.

As far as the beach and the pool, they were wonderful. Each day on the beach, staff bring drinks and or fruit around...very nice touch.

I suppose every week is different depending on what you are looking for and the variety of the visitors (ie age range, single or married, etc).

13 Thank bluestraveler33
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2006

This was my 1st Club Med experience and I was pleasantly surprised. It exceeded my expectations of an all-inclusive resort. It was a great value for the week -- fantastic location; clean, uncluttered beach; excellent after dinner entertainment; generally friendly and helpful staff; good mix of travelers.

Will probably go back to take full advantage of all the sports activities they offer. You can't find a better value given all the options available throughout the day.

January tends to be a bit windy; however, it did not prevent us from enjoying the beach. And the daily "rain showers" lasted on average ~2 minutes and the sun would immediately return -- so don't run too far for shelter.

Stayed January 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2006

My wife and I stayed there for 1 week in January 2006. We were a big group (about 80) and when we arrived at the airport we were splitted in group of 10 to get to resort in minibus. It was a bit crowded but since the airport is so close to the resort (about 10 minutes) who cares.

I will try to give you an idea of what you can expect at Club Med Turkoise.

Room : We were given a room (#2040) on the third floor in block F near the tennis court and trapeze. This room was design for double occupation but with two beds, two closet, two safe, etc... When we asked for a room with a queen bed we were told that there were none available but they sent somebody right away to rearrange the room (put the two beds together) so it look like one big bed. It is less confortable that a real queen bed but it was not a big issue. There is a small fridge in the room and they provide bottle water every day. There are about 70 channels to choose from if you are a TV addict but the TV is rather small (20"). The room are spacious and the maids are doing a great job. It was clean but we saw some little insects in the bathroom anyway (some kind of mini-ants, really really small). We contacted the lobby about that and they ask us if we had a dead animal or dead insects in our room (strange question!) and they told us that they would send somebody the next day to take care of it. I don't know if they did or not because we still saw our small friend running around the bathroom counter the following days. But don't get me wrong it wasn't so bad since the were very few of those and the were always in the same place (near an outlet in the bathroom) so we took care of it ourself. There is a nice shower and there is plenty of hot water. We could see the ocean from our room... If we look very closely between two palm tree far away ! Seriously we had a great view of the garden, the tennis courts and the trapeze so we considered ourself lucky since some of our friend had no view at all. The block F is the furthest building to the west but we liked it a lot. We had to walk a little to go the the buffet but it was worth it because it was nice and quiet and we were close to the Sharkie's (Snack).

Food : The food is excellent and there is always plenty of choices. You can always have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main restaurant where you will find a buffet that will satisfy anybody. At night there is always a theme for dinner (oriental, international, mexican, etc...) so it is a nice touch. If you don't want to go to the buffet you can eat at "The grill" but you will need reservation (and be early or you won't get in). We tried it and we were not impress. You won't miss anything if you don't go. When the main restaurant is close you can always grab a bite at Sharkie's (Snack on the beach), in the morning you will find fruits and croissant there, in the afternoon an at night you can have a good selection including sandwiches (ham or turkey), mac&cheese, soup, french fries, burgers, hot-dogs, pizza and nachos. A nice touch is the G.O. that go around on the beach with fruit plates or Mr.Freeze so you don't even have to leave your chair if you are the lazy kind!

Beach : The beach is really beautiful, I could even say breathtaking. The white sand is nice and clean and it is so fine that it is hard to walk in the soft part of the beach because you "sink" in it. The water is crystal clear and when you look at it from the beach you will see the best turkoise there is. There are plenty of chairs available whenever you're going and you can always find some shade if you want. We were never bother on the beach to buy something or to participate in any excursion. I did had an unfortunate encounter one night when I was sitting on the pier watching the wave around 23h30. Two guy walking on the beach came to me and began to talk, mostly telling me that they were working on the beach during the day offering excursion like deep sea fishing or banana boat tour. Then, within 5 minutes, two other guys arrived and they were policemen. They immediatly told me that there was a zero-tolerance for drug and asked me if I bought some which I did not. But as soon as I told then that I did not bought drugs they told me "OK" and did not bother me anymore but they spent at least 10 minutes questionning the other guys and searching them. So I suggest that you don't go for a walk on the beach alone at night.

Hammocks : There are a lot of hammocks scattered on the site so you can always take a nice nap outside when you need it !

Pool : Nice design but I never used it because I prefer the beach. Heard it was cold.

Activities : If you go to Club Med this is the reason. There are so many activities to enjoy like catamaran (about 10), kayak (about 6), snorkelling, tennis (8 court), trapeze, wind surfing (a lot), scuba diving, basketball, beach volley-ball, pool volley-ball, deck hockey, soccer, baseball, dancing, ping-pong table (2), pool table (3), etc... There are always something going on somewhere so you will never get bored. There is a lot of equipement so you don't have to plan ahead a lot to be able to use it. And all the equipement is in pretty good shape. The G.O. can also provide training to help you if you are a beginner and they can also help you perfect your technic if you are already familiar with the activity. The only downside is if you want to visit something outside the resort. There is not much to do on the island and everything is VERY VERY expensive.

Animation and staff: The night shows are entertaining, we especially appreciated the trapeze show, the "tennis comedy" and the "circus night". There were no "foam night" when we were there. The staff (G.O.) are always smiling and ready to help you. They would do almost anything to make your stay perfect. Everybody is friendly.

Bar : There is a bar near the main restaurant that is almost always open and you can also get your drinks at Sharkie's near the beach. I recommand you the "Last Mango In Paradise". The drink are not always consistent, sometimes the rhum seem a little water-down, other time it is pretty strong. They have a good selection of international drink and the cognac was always good. The glasses are regular size, not small cup like the one you often find in other resort

Club Med Turkoise is a great place but it is very very expensive. If money is not a problem then go for it but we probably won't go back even if we had a super experience there because I think there are many other place that could provide very nice vacations for a lot less money and we will try one of those next time.

If you want to see more pictures you can email me.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
43 Thank Marco
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2006

Anyone who says this place isn't fantastic had bad luck or is lying. I went alone and had a GREAT time. The food is way above average for any place I have ever stayed at where food was included. It ranged from escargot to great sushi. When was the last time you could say that about a place?
To sum it up, if you're looking to have fun, enjoy the beach and sun, and meet some interesting people, go here!

11 Thank BeachloverinMN