“Had a Great Time!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
“Had a Great Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2005

Our 3rd trip to Club Med Turks and the best by far.
Only 40% occupied so that may have an influence.

Rooms were the best of any Club Med (15 trips to CM)...thats not saying much but we don't spend time in the room so it's not a big deal.

The staff was fantastic. The chief of the village was on top of everything. Benny at the bar is the best.

The beach is the most beautiful we've ever seen. We live in San Diego and my wife was born in Hawaii and we've found no beach like Turks Club Med. Our group would spend hours a day just floating in the warm water. Great sailing and diving.

Food was good as always.

Returnng in April and can't wait.

Dan

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
Charles Town, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2005

I am going to write a longer review someday....but I wanted to post at least a little something to help people who are stuck when choosing a resort. I think someone would have to be nuts not to have a good time here. There is something for everyone, even those who want to be pampered. The food was good, the beach amazing, lots of activities but also good places to be quiet. We (28 and 38, married) had a fantastic time, and can't wait to go back.

6 Thank woowoowoowoo
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2005

We stayed Oct1-Oct8, we had good weather almost all week. We didnt experience any power outages or hurricanes, or anything like that. One night it was pouring -heavy rain, but the rest of the evenings were good. Daily weather was good, sunny and clear skies.

Room: Simple, ultra clean, nice facility. Bed is a little hard, but didnt notice after the first night.

Food: Above average, there is plenty of choices. There is plenty of salads, and meat (chicken, etc..), one night they had an italian buffet, another night a seafood buffet, they got a GREAT Tres leches dessert, and white chocolate bread. Dinner was better than lunch. I ate omelettes every morning for breakfast, but they got lots of fruits and other choices. I liked the restaurant, is only open on Wed and Mon. The restaurant has a more gourmet menu and you could sit in a more quiet/private area. You have to make the reservations the night before eating at the restaurant. Highly recommended.

Beach: Beautiful! Just the beach is worth the trip there. We saw a dolphin super close to the beach.
Snorkling: Good, twice per day. The guys take you to different places, I think they said they had 5 places where they go. We saw sharks (small sharks, no teeths, no worries), tourtles, lots of colorful fish...

People: A plus, everyone was super nice, GMs and GOs. Everyone tried to be helpful.

Drinks: The only drink that I like is pina colada, and there the mix wasn't too great, but everybody else had a good time drinking beer, or other regular alcoholic beverages

Gym: The gym is open like from 7am to midnight. They only got 2 elliptical, and 2 treadmills, lots of weight -equipment, 2 bikes, but even with the reduce equipment, If you go there, they got a 30 min usage rule, so you will not have any problems getting a good workout.

Sailing: Good, they had like 7 caramarans.

Activities: Lots to do! The shows at night are entertaining, they had a tennis show that was super funny. They also have a trapezee show that is very good, those guys/gals are very talented, and they got some dancing shows. Also, one night they got a band to play live. Also, they drop the agenda for the next day every night, so you know what to do and how to plan your day.

Overall is worth the visit, specially with such a beautiful Caribean beach and ocean!

18 Thank panedu50
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2005

I went there back in May 2005. It is a very elegant club, fun and nice but if you like water sports activities such as Water skiing or Kayak, go to Club Med Cancnu. I loved Cancun far better than Turquoise.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stoughton Ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2005

Just got back oct. 30 from my 4th trip to this village. The first was 3 years ago and I have seen some changes but I always have a great time. The most noted changes were the amount of couples and a more calmer atmosphere. Don't get me wrong there is still alot of craziness espicially at Sharkies late night but the ambiance was a bit too romantic at times especially if your single which I am. The G.O.s did not mingle as much as they used to either. You got the distinct impression that they had boundries put on them by the chief. They were not as free as in the past and acted like they were being watched.Daniel the singer at Sharkies was there with his friend Nadine and they were awesome as always playing to the sunsets. The shows were o.k but I expected more this time because I know they spent alot of money 6 months ago when I was there last to upgrade with choreography and costumes. I was surprise during crazy signs to see the chief leading every night even during a rain storm. He is everywhere and makes a point to talk to everyone everyday.We saw him on the beach the first day we were there and asked if everything was ok. We told him we didnt like our room because it was far away from the main area and he got right on the phone and had it changed before we unpacked our suitcases. There was rumor going around the village that they are considering allowing kids 12 and older. The chief denied it but we let him know we would not be back if it was true.Hopefully others will let them know as well. The weather was beautiful except for a couple of storms at night. The food was good and plentiful as usual. We did not suffer from any power outages but the prior week was a nightmare according to a few people we talked to. No air no water at times. Heard people were sleeping around the pool at night because they're rooms were so hot. I did hear that they were given vouchers for the days they suffered. Overall had a great week met great people and cant wait to go back in 6 months. They will be getting a new chief and new staff so you never know whats going on till you get there which is part of the fun.

18 Thank beachbum925
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2005

My wife and I just got back from the Club Med resort in Turks. We had a great time. We did get a tropical storm from hurricane Wilma. We lost power causing us to have no AC, not water etc.. for a couple of days. The generator kept on going on and off. Reading all the other feedbacks, I see that it is an occuring problem regardless of the severe storm. I hope they settle that problem. That was the only thing that really made it unconfortable for us. You would never know if and when you would have water in your room! The resort as a whole was great. The pool is small~So what! Who needs a pool when you have such an amazing ocean such 25 feet away. The ocean was incredible. I think the most beautiful in the Carribean. Unbelieveable! The food was very good (buffet). The reservation based restaurant sucked! Stay away. The shows were alright, but they were fun to watch. The club was fun. I liked the foam party by the pool. The resort is a good balanced fun, relax and party place. Young adults (who look good!) dancing, partying, swimming etc.. It is not a place to have complete silence and peace. It a place where you have the opportunity to have a blast, its up to you if you want to party. I like to have that choice. My wife and I enjoyed the beach, the walks on the beach, the food and the all around activities. I would recommend this place to all who want to have a good time, mingle and party if you want to... if not you can go for a walk on the beach at night enjoy stillness and hot ocean water! The G.O are a little to much to thier own "party". I belive that they do not interact enough with all the guests. We as guests can see that they "live in thier own world".
All summed up, go there and try it out. You will enjoy it!

Stayed October 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2005

We were there for two weeks in september 2005. We had a great time. I went sailing almost every day. Snorkeling wasd excellent, I saw lots of fish of all colours.

Shows were good but I prefer comedy to dancing. Most shows are dancing shows. I lile the old style of Club med shows.

The few power outages were great since they allowed me to watch the summer sky and the Milky way with no extra lights.

The GOs were friendly and tried to make a point of having lunch and dinner with the GMs.

The only complaint is that they sang the song hands up only twice or three times in two weeks. I like the old style Club Med songs and I do not like the new ones.

The Chef of village was friendly and he knew me by first name and made the point to say hello almost daily.

I love the buffet. I like to eat the same thing every day and really enjoyed for lunch the Tilapia every day.

• Stayed September 2005