“FABULOUS Vacation!”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
NYC
“FABULOUS Vacation!”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I just returned from Club Med Turquoise after staying 8 days from April 30 - May 7th. This is our second time back to this village and will we back many more times!! The island is breathtaking....clear turquise waters, baby powder sand, and amazing weather. We went SNUBA diving out of the Windsong hotel with Jodi.....it was the greatest experience. If you are afraid to Scuba, this is a great way to "get your feet wet".

The GO staff at this village is second to none!! From the second you get off the plane Diesel greats you at the airport....and can that boy party after dark.....the fun begins. If its relaxation that you want then the beaches & massages are great. Gil & the water activities staff were amazing!! The bartenders, Nat, Isabelle, Arnie, Frank, Andrew, Nathy...were amazing. They could hold their own in NY anytime! Jeff & Astrid kept the place dancing all night. Jeff & Steve made sure the food was on point...and not one of us picky ladies ever went without a full belly. And I can't forget our Turkish friend Murat....he works with the photographers....all of them made our trip amazing!

In a nut shell.....if you are looking for a 5 star stuffy hotel, this isn't it! if your looking to meet great people, enjoy an amazing beach / pool, and have a great time...Club Med it the only place to stay! I have made friends here that will last a lifetime, and will be back very very soon. I highly recommend Club med Turquoise!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank NYRedhead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
Colorado
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We just came back from a great vacation.This isn't a 5***** hotel, but if you like a nice white sandy beach and beautiful water, like to have fun and activities(sailing, snorkel,diving....)- this is the perfect place for you.A lot of fun, nice entertaining and dancing. The Club Med Staff were very friendly,especially Chokri Ferchichi, hotel service manager. Special thank you for him and his outstanding service, he always did the best for the guests with the smile and sense of humor. The food was good and a lot,we like a presentation of the food every day. We definitely recommend the Club Med Turks and Caicos

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cg96
Toronto, ON
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I've never returned to the same resort but with more vacation time coming my way (and more need of relaxation!) I spent another week at Club Med Turkoise this month (first visit was back in March - I wrote a review for that stay as well.)

I adore the circus G.O.s (Gracious Organizers) here - Teri, Cameron, and Christine were so happy and proud for me when I finally nailed my first trapeze trick! Cameron is such an awesome circus teacher - so calm and competent, and his athleticism was amazing to watch in the flying trapeze and circus shows! Christine was a sweetheart to be around and her smile lit up the stage whenever she was dancing or performing on it. There were days I just hung out at circus to chat and joke around with the team... I would totally go back to see my circus friends again and learn another trapeze trick!

Astrid (the sound technician) was also wonderful and so friendly; she was always game to dance the night away at the bar or just sit and chat! Ditto for Chloe (at the boutique), who had such a great attitude about everything and was just so enthusiastic (on her day off we did trapeze and the sailing armada to iguana island.) Bobby at the boutique was always friendly and we joked around a ton. :) At sailing, Geoff's smile and energy were infectious... I want to go back and get a windsurfing lesson. :)

If you come to this resort please make a point to go snorkeling! I went with a sharp-eyed new friend and saw a little nurse shark and a gigantic spiny lobster... Unbelievably cool.

I did a Sunday-to-Sunday week-long stay this time and I think that was perfect. If you're a first-timer at Turkoise you get an introduction to the activities with the sports show on Sunday night... By Saturday night you know all the G.O.s well enough to really enjoy the Music Factory show (airbands to 80s retro. :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
montreal
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Hi,
I just came back from my super nice vacation, and i need to say that for someone who travelled alone, it was completely amazing!!!
The Club Med Staff were amazing! They were all so much fun, entertaining and always ready for fun and dancing! The beach was unbelievable, the weather perfect and great activities.
The food was good, i was really suprised by the buffet and Highly recommend making the reservation for the Lucayan restaurant.
And as for the Club Med staff, if you have the chance to meet Nat, Franky, Nathy, Damon, Geoffroy and especially Steve, you cannot be wrong!!!! Amazing people to meet!!!
I defenetely recommend the club med turks and caicos!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank montrealprincipessa
Clemson, SC
Reviewed May 9, 2009

After heading the warnings from the Swine Flu in Mexico my fiance and I decided to cancel our trip to the Myan Riveria/Adventura Spa Palace and go to Turk and Caicos at the last minute. Our travel agent did an excellent job and was able to get us into a beautiful place at the same price and the same length of stay. After reading many reviews we had reservations but we knew we would have to make the best of it. Again the beaches were great, the water was beautiful and the availability of water activities through the resort was second to none. The staff was great and were very friendly and eager to show you a good time. However, and I hate to sound like the "ugly american", but the accomodations and services at the resort left much to be desired. The rooms were very basic and were similar to what you would find on the interstate at a Days Inn, Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn. Not that these places are bad but you expect more from a resort. The bedding was very out dated. The night of the wedding we stayed at a Sheraton and the beds were 10x more comfortable. There are no balconies/porches, no minibar or beverage service in the room. Additionally, there is no room service at the hotel. Again I know that makes us sound snobbish but on your honeymoon it would be nice to be able to call in and get breakfast or drinks when you want without having to leave your room. The other downside is that there is only 2 places to eat. The food was adequate and similar to a cruise but with only the buffet and a short order grill place to eat it gets old real quick. We actually rented a car, went to a supermarket and bought snacks, drinks and sandwich stuff to have the luxury of relaxing in our room. The other big downer is that there is no drink service on the beach. We had hopes of sitting on the beach, relaxing in the water and having fruity drinks delivered to us periodically throughout the day. The corny disco at night and dance shows served only as a means of comedic relief.

At the end of the day it is a nice place to spend a week in a paradise setting. The staff was very nice but you can tell the place is outdated and caters to the travel tastes of europeans. With a little investment in the property to update rooms, add restaurants, remove the circus activities/basketball courts/tennis courts and turn this beautiful setting into a first rate resort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwilso3217
Switzerland
Reviewed May 8, 2009

After a busines trip overseas, I relaxed a few days in Turks. Before going, I ready some bad stories about this place, but have to say that it was so clean. I guess that since Max is CDV there, a lot of things have been improved. Max and all the GOs were very friendly to me and I enjoyed all the sports I practiced with the GO team. I hardly found the time to relax a bit on the nice white sandy beach ! The drinks at the bar and all meals were great and I had to watch out for not carrying to many kilos back home! I would have loved to stay longer, but... business called me back home.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
West Coast
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I will start with the positives. The location is fabulous with remarkable white sand beaches and amazing aqua blue water. The buffet food and beer was good. The fitness and court facilities were very good.
The wine & spirits are basically undrinkable. The property is in distress with browning sections of grass, poorly maintained landscape, rotted fascia, and multi bright colored cement 2 level dorm living quarters. The staff and service is 50% good, 50% terrible.

There seems to be a real guest service issue at this property, as many of the fraternity staff seem to have their own agendas. The smirking tall blonde at the reception desk had a permanet "approach with caution" look wriiten accross her forehead. She challenged each customer that approached her in line in front of me. At times, I wasn't sure who was having more fun, the staff or the guests.

The club has a "feel good" recycle program in place whereby you pay $500 per day to stay there but they only supply you with 2 1liter bottles of drinking water in your room to last a week. I found this out my second day there as I was dehydrated and had to walk 1/4 mile to the reception area to refill my bottles from a dispenser each day or night. There is also plenty of micro bugs, so don't be surprised if you start to feel a little itchy to get out of there after a week.
The bed blanket I inspected on our bed had so many hairs on it, I rolled it down and turned it into housekeeping the following day. The internet services they charge extra for that I needed did not work. Other group guests I spoke with complained of overspilling showers, no sunscreen and other important health amenities available, etc., etc, etc. See you soon Hawaii.

They have a verry poor guest/pr

• Stayed April 2009