“Sometimes you realize just how little you need to be really happy!”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sometimes you realize just how little you need to be really happy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ok so Club Med Turkoise is on the single most amazing beach that I have ever seen. Barely a person there and the color of the ocean is exactly Turkoise. Its the prettiest and most peaceful beach on the island, probably because CM has the largest strip of beach front Since they were the first major resort on the island. They always manage to find the best locations. I have done a bunch of Club Meds and here is what you can expect :

The property is tired. Tres Fatigue as the French say. But the rooms are fine, clean, comfy beds, tv, ac, etc. in the true spirit of Club Med, they are not encouraging you to spend your vacation inside, but when you are inside, it's more than fine.

The people are amazing. If you go, you must must must find Lorna. She knows everyone on the island, best restaurants, cab drivers, insider information and she is amazing. If the Club is listening, she is a special woman with an incredible spirit and the patience of a saint. She made our trip!

Food is very good - great if you eat what comes from the island or from France. Why anyone would eat white bread or a fake bagel on Tirks when there is so much wonderful pain aux raisins, white chocolate bread, croissants is beyond me? Also, skip the hot dogs and the burgers and go for the fresh fish, salad, roasted chicken, delicious French cheeses and fresh fruits and veggies.
The French wines on every table were lovely. Not vins ordinaries.

The service in general is on island time. Relax and stop tapping you key on the bar, they will get to you.

Our vacation was wonderful, relaxing and even though I love my own kids dearly, it's a kid free club which makes it even more peaceful. Tennis and activities are all included so its fun to do some activities, or not. Glad somepeople were all "hands up" but I wasn't and that was fine with me and the GOs. It's a great deal and the money we saved on travel, we put toward eating out every night - great restaurants all over the island and we found them to be fairly resonable.

As I indicated at the beginning, manage your expectations. It's not the Ritz but it's also not $800 a night and if you focus on what it offers and not what it is missing, you will have a great time.

7 Thank Kimberly J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my first visit to both a Club Med resort and to Turks & Caicos -- but I will definitely come back to both.

Okay, let's just say it and get it out of the way: yes, the rooms and some of the public spaces could stand a refresh. But all of that quickly fades away when you see the beaches and interact with all of the really authentic, warm and hospitable staff.

The water is gorgeous (living up to the name "Turkoise"). The sea is gentle. The sand is soft and white...

The GO's are fantastic and the sincerely want to ensure all guests have a great time. They have so many activities going on every hour -- all designed to get the crowd to meet, mix and enjoy each other. If that's not your thing -- you can avoid it or opt out without being made to feel like a party pooper. Standouts include Anne, Lorna and Lauren (reception), Jacob (sports) DJ Kody, Zac (bar services) and Henry ("Sharkies").

If you want a great massage, book Rudy in the beach cabana -- well worth the fee, especially to experience such indulgence as you listen to the sound of the waves just outside the space.

Ricardo and Monica will help you coordinate your excursions via their company "Blue" -- both tours we booked (Beach Escape/Sunset Catamaran) were well orchestrated and the Blue staff very, very friendly.

Be sure to stand in line to reserve a spot at their a la carte dining restaurant, Lucayan -- really nice to have an intimate dinner for two. As this dining option is reserved for a limited number of guests each night and only open Tuesday thru Thursday, I have to mention special appreciation for Ruth who coordinated the line and had no problem graciously asking resort guests to step out and go to the end when she was told they'd cut to "talk to their friends" and then attempted to book tables in front of those of us who'd stood in line over one hour to reserve.

This is still an opportunity for Turkoise -- I'm sure its a delicate and difficult issue. This resort requires people of Ruth's strength and skill to protect the experience from greedy patrons with less grace -- the kind that reserve pool/beach chairs at 7 am and maybe show up after breakfast, despite the resort policy clearly being displayed throughout common areas. Kudos and thank you, Ruth. ;)

One other piece of constructive feedback: there really should be some sort of 24-hour dining option, even if its just fruit salad and pizza for those in-between meal munchies. Sharkies is a great option when open, but if you arrive from a different time zone, you may find yourself helpless and hungry at 5 am -- with nothing until breakfast around 7.

Thank you, Turkoise, for a great week. Hope to see y'all again soon!

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

One of the best vacations I've ever had. Beach is amazing! Most beautiful color just Make sure to bring big spray. Mosquitos are everywhere and if you open your room windows at all they get in and bite you all night.
Arrived on the island at night and was greeted by an amazing staff. Room was decent and clean, just a little old and housekeeping didnt always replace all the towels they took each time. I was nervous at first about group seating for meals but I met a lot of amazing people and it was a great feeling to have friends greeting me each day. Food at the buffet was good and there was lots of variety. Try the white choc bread! Had dinner at the sit down restaurant one night and it was also excellent. My only complaint is how you get reservations. The restaurant is only open 3 days a week and you have to line up the night before to get a reservation. If you want a reservation, go down early and have drinks while you're waiting for about 45min in line.
So many activities! They had so many great things planned during the day to keep people busy. Took a sailing, tennis, and trapeze lesson and all 3 were amazing. It did rain a couple days while we were there and I wish they had provided more indoor activities on those days instead of just sticking to the daily schedule and canceling outdoor activities. We did an outside excursion with Provo ponies that took us horseback riding in the water. Really incredible experience and the staff was very friendly.
There was a great party atmosphere every night and a great mix of people all ages(18 and over only at this resort) Wonderful resort for singles to have fun and meet lots of people. Alcohol wasn't top shelf but it gets the job done. Especially the rum punch. Staff did a great job of keeping the party going all night long.
Overall an incredible stay and I would recommend it to everyone, couples and singles.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Vegan86
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

There are no words to discribe how amazing this place is!
Okay it is a little run down, but what does it really do to us? We stay 7 10 or whatever days... If we really want to be true to ourselves, it is the weather that affects a vacation, If it rains and cold then we are all in the village looking at the rain BUT if it is sunny, then zumba dance, aqua gym, eat , drink, pool, beach, talk to all people, the GO,GE,GM...... Then shower and out again, eat the amazing food, walk, then see different shows every night, and party all night long! And then have a good night sleep.
The place is safe, and comfortable
The greeting when we arrive is so touching...the good bye is very hard. We build a family, everyday we see the same

smiling faces, ask a question answered in seconds...cleaning is great, morning and evening service ,wow!..."

EVERYONE IS JUST WONDERFUL! NEED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR A GREAT JOB???
SOME NAMES NEED TO BE MENTIONED! VINCENT GM! MARC, ZAC, ALEX, all the bar staff....
COOKING STAFF! AMAZING! FOOD EXCEPTIONAL....
RECEPTION EACH AND EVERYONE!, ANNIE IS GREAT.....

The shows omg, Mann, Nat,TINA TURNER and all the gang excellent

Let s not forget RUDY, great person!

Thank to all, for everything you all do

Vincent GM
You have a family not a business and we felt we were part of your family,

T/M. Room 1212

We had a great time, my husband and I definately, will come again

Room Tip: Face the ocean, beautiful.....
2 Thank Lexmark65
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

You definitely don't go there for the food or the accommodations.

First the food, it's average at best. As one person said, they're trying to make something out of nothing. For example, on Asian night, there was Peking Duck which was really duck confit with hoisin sauce, cucumbers, and iceberg lettuce wrapped in a tortilla. You'll also quickly realize that they move the food from station to station to give it some newness. The themed menu is on a 7 day rotation so if you stay for more than a week, just know the repeat menu really starts to repeat. You should try Lucayan at least one night if not more. I had the duck breast on recommendation of one of the GO's and it was excellent! Just show up early enough to sign up for the dinner the day before. (I give this 2 stars for the menu quality and "groundhogs day" food experience.)

With that said, the best part of Club Med (and the reason why you should go), is the atmosphere, energy, and activities the GOs plan to engage the guests (GMs) and help you meet other people. This is the first trip I went on by myself and I had brought books and movies along fully prepared to be lonely for the trip just in case I didn't like any of the activities. I barely got through one movie and only about 100 pages in my book. (I give this 5 stars because the staff does really make an effort to know the guests, get them involved, and make sure they're partaking in everything the resort has to offer.)

The guests the week I was there were mostly retirees, but there was a decent amount of folks in their early 20s into their 30s. (Somehow we all found one another.) But the old folks can really cut a rug and get jiggy with it and many were really interesting to talk to during lunch/dinner. I was told the crowd does get younger on certain weeks and particularly around Christmas and New Years. Everyone tends to be friendly and it's not like the resort can control who comes, but I always like to rate a resort based on the friendliness of the people they attract because who wants to interact with catty folks while on vacation? (I give the clientele 5 stars.)

The facilities definitely are showing their age. I think they're considering renovating the property sometime in the next 3 or 4 years although I did hear from repeat guests that the place has had some repairs done since they were there a few years ago. The towels were adequately replaced so it didn't look as bad. The beds are quite firm (and I like that) and was not an issue for me, but if you like one of those sleep comfort padded beds, this so not the place for you. (I give the facilities and accommodations 3 stars.)

The beach is hands-down beautiful with powdery white sand you find in the rest of the this region. The beaches are public here though so there are no bartenders or cabana boys serving drinks on the beach, but you're allowed to bring them out there.

Overall, the resort gets 4 stars because the experience and memories were really wonderful but the facilities and food could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Buildings A-C are on the side closer to the scuba shack and are more quiet at night because it's...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank charles l
West Hempstead, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from Club Med T&C. As much as I would like to write a novel as some of the other GM's have, I would like to simply say that the staff at this club are exceptional in so many ways. The accommodations leave much to be desired, yet it didn't seem to matter after a few days of interaction with the GO's. The circus team made my stay as did the land and water sports staff. All truly exceptional young people! Thanks to Jacob, Mackenzie, Natty, Manny, Kelsey and Travis, we are looking into coming back with in 6 weeks. The scuba boys also did everything they could to make each dive and snorkel trip super fun! Despite the choppy conditions. Thanks to Daniel especially for looking after Milo :) Tom and Hugo are class acts also!
Great team, amazing beach, and all the sun you could ask for. Check it out people. If you want an active vacay, its the way to go.

Room Tip: Bring a travel mug Leave the fancy dress at home Bug repellant!
Hubert, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

On arrival you are greated with either Ice cold water or Cool Lemonade:) along with a cool cloth to wash your hands and face:) You are given a little intro to the "GO's" and one of them then takes you on a tour of the property on the way to your room. PS, Club Med does not recognize daylight savings so we arrived at 2PM EST but Club Med time it was 3PM. Becareful or you may miss dinner...

The buildings are in need of a fresh coat of paint, but the grounds are immaculate. The beach is phenomenal. We were in Building D #2016-right in front of the Sailing Shack and the Ocean, (our room did have an oceanview) Sharkies was to the left of our room. Very convenient when you want a drink/snack. Henry is the main chef at Sharkies and he is wonderful (ooh-rah). Found out he is a US Marine (our party had 3 retired Marines). Manou-is on the evening shift at the Buffet and I recommend you request to sit in her station, she has the most beautiful smile and kind spirit, she made us all feel so welcome. Most everyone of the staff was great (a few were rude, but can't blame them as some of the guests were mean). Want to make sure to mention a few others who went out of there way to make one and all welcome: Figaro (maintenance/grounds?) Kyle (bartender) Marc (GO) Dennis (chef) and Kalem (? chef).

Our room was fine, no bugs, room was clean and housekeeping kept us stocked in towels and bottled water. Did get a little humid in room, but hey It was 85 outside and I was not at home where it was 27.

I would hate to see this resort go Family. IT NEEDS TO STAY ADULT ONLY......

If you are looking for a budget friendly resort with NO KIDS, this is the place. Only issue I had was the food was sometimes luke warm, howver, they do have a microwave for your convenience.

5 Thank Mimi_n_Papaw