“i want to go back! food was good, fun night life, water sports”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“i want to go back! food was good, fun night life, water sports”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've heard of this place for several years and wanted to check it out because its adults only with a lot of singles.
My title basically says it all. I was there 4 nights and feel like I ran out of time to do everything, I want to go back and try the trapeze! Why not? I want to do the sailing lesson too.
I did the snorkeling excursion and it was fun. They take you off shore about 1/4 mile and you jump off the boat and swim around for 30 minutes.
So, I skipped the work out classes, how many calories can you burn doing water aerobics anyways?
I just ate and drank most of the time. I was pleasantly surprised by the food! (afraid it was going to be mediocre like the food on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas, 7 nt Adriatic, cruise I took in '2011) BUT it was good , not 5 star, and they were always serving it up. I recommend the cheeseburgers at sharky's. My favorite.
If you want 5 star food you could always go off site for dinner.
The well drinks were weak, i liked the latte's at the main bar.
Rooms, I stayed in the A building which was close to everything, i believe the D building is the other building thats closest to the pool, bars, restaurants, front desk, etc. My room had two twin beds in it, coffee maker, mini fridge and flat panel tv. I dont care about rooms as long as they are clean.
Staff were awesome. I never did the club med thing before but i can see why people i met got there over and over again. They treat you really well.
Rides to and from the a/p were $15 with a van service and they were waiting for me when i got in, I didn't book them in advance, but they had my name on a list. I did book my return ride with the front desk at Club Med.
So, night life was fun. Every night they had a show like Vegas-themed, Acrobats one night and then it would turn into an outdoor party.
I never felt crowded, like I did on that Royal Caribbean cruise. Never had trouble getting a chair at the beach, didn't look too hard to get a bed by the pool either.
I thought it was a good mix of singles and couples. 50/50. Met a lot of nice people.

Room Tip: A and D buildings.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeckyT542
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear BeckyT542,
Thanks for the review! We're so happy that you enjoyed our resort activities, dining options, accommodations and night life. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our resort and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future!
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
San Rafael, California
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is my 4th vacation at Club Med Turks and Caicos. The staff(GO's) are warm, friendly and very helpful. The location is ideal with a gorgeous beach and fabulous views. There's lots of activities or one can just lounge around the pool or beach. I went diving every day. The scuba team headed by Jaques, is wonderful and made the whole experience a real pleasure. Their priority is safety, and making sure guests are comfortable in the water and having fun. They are very patient and enthusiastic about diving. There's lots to see with a variety of dive sites and good visability.

Guests(GMs) here are eager to make new friends. Its a very social environment.However, one can also find peace and solitude. I only wish Club Med offered more adult only clubs.I can't wait to return and plan to stay longer next time.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, book away from "sharkey's" bar and snack area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank darrahj
Dear darrahj,
Thank you for taking the time to review Club Med Turkoise. We're thrilled that our staff was able to meet all your needs during your visit. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our beaches, resort activities, and pool area. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team
Montréal
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was my 2nd time at this Club Med. Last time was in 2010. No changes in the rooms and facilities.

We booked a 12 day stay "without transports" and booked direct flights to Montreal with Air Canada and westjet.

We choose this club med for the diving facilities. The scuba team, boats and dive sites are great to do Open Water Certifications. I did mine back in 2010 and my girlfreind did hers in the begining of the week with diving instructor Marie. Very good teacher, friendly and spoke french from Quebec (thumbs up!)

The scuba dock was still under repairs while we were there. Hurricane Sandy took it out a couple of months ago. Hopefully it will be finish soon so that GM won't have to go all the way to the marina for dives. We suggest to the resort to organise afternoon dives since most of the night entertainments (including the parties) finishes quite late.

Great buffet with something for everyone. Different style every day.
Icecream in a plastic cup with crushed oreo cookies makes jealous people on the beach! :)

The Lucayan is the only "a la carte" restaurant which was good but is also difficult to get a reservation. Reservations are taken at 6 O'clock the day before. First come first served.

Even with 12 days, we haven't done all the activities offered by the club med. There is always something to do. Check out the pictures that i uploaded for the daily schedule and themes. Note that they are subject to change but they give you a pretty good idea of what's happening at the resort.

We got help from the excursions boutique and did the "kayak Eco-tours" and rented electrical bicycles for a day. Both were excellent! :D

Can't name all the G.O.'s we met and whom we had fun with but here's a few tips!
Allan makes the best Bloody ceasar and Kyle makes the best miami-vice!
Henry makes the best chicken wrap with special sauce.
Hugo is the best one-arm drummer!

The "circus show" is the best one to see out of all of them.
The "70-80's show" was the most enternaining since it had a great music involved.

Lots of GMs were using towels and personnal effects to "reserve" chairs and palapas without even using them for the whole day straight. Not cool and very "un-G.M.-like"...

Funny thing that I got the exact same room as 3 years ago. I knew what to expect when I booked this resort. No decepointment there, it was the same thing.
If we are to go back to this club med, it would most probably be for the diving, water colors and ambiance. But we will only go back, if the resort does a total overhaul. Not just some fresh paint.

Merci Jeff pour tout le plaisir de nos belles vacances!

Room Tip: building A B and C are the nearest to the Scuba Shack. The others are near the beach bar sharkies wh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently returned from my 41st visit to Club Med Turkoise (my 49th Club Med vacation), a ten day stay immediately before the Christmas/New Year Holiday rush. As I have written in prior TripAdvisor.com reviews, I had an AMAZING time.

I credit much of this to the Management Team and their ability to motivate the Turkoise G.O./G.E. Team (the workers) – the true “Heart and Soul” of Club Med Turkoise. All seemed to be operating at such a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and hospitality, directed toward Turkoise’s guests (G.M.’s) to ensure a GREAT time was had by all, that I was afraid they might “burn out” before the true Christmas/New Year Holiday and rest of busy season even began.

Based on the many favorable TripAdvisor.com reviews from Christmas (when I left) to the present, my concerns were unwarranted. I have no idea how this high level of energy is maintained day in and day out, week in and week out, and month in and month out – IT JUST IS!

EVERYONE I encountered made my stay memorable. For those planning a Club Med Turkoise trip, I’m pretty sure you will have the same experience.*

* I HAVE A SMALL SECRET - Treat everyone working at Club Med Turkoise with kindness, respect, and patience. Follow the “Golden Rule” of “Do Unto Others as You Would Like Them to Do Unto You”. In English – BE NICE. You will be greatly rewarded. Everyone is there to make you happy and keep you safe. You will find most everyone highly skilled, well educated, very worldly, interesting, and wonderful human beings. Make them your friends; make friends with them.

High commendations go to the following (I’m certain that I missed a few – please forgive me):

Management:
• Vincent, Chef de Village - Responsible for running ALL of Turkoise. Vincent is truly my special friend, and unbelievable at motivating his entire Staff and managing the physical plant.
• Jeff, Leisure Services Manager.
• Jenny, Hotel Services Manager.
• Ryan, Human Resources Manager.

Reception:
• Miho, Reception Manager and Anne, Assistant Reception Manager (Acting Manager when I was there).
• Sarah, Accommodations Manager - Always ensuring me my favorite room.
• Reception Team: Lauren, Estelle, Nandye, Lorna, Nancy, and Marie.
• Diesel, Transportation - Always providing an appreciated “Welcome Home!”

Sports Teams (The “Heart and Soul” of Turkoise):
• THE BEST SAILING TEAM AROUND – Ronny, Eric, Fifi, Dan, and Pierce - All highly Professional, Hard Working, Expert, Fun, Good Friends, and enjoyable for the female and male guests to look at.
• Fabian, Chief of Sports – Everyone reports to him. Out of this world in Shows, Sports, and Crazy Signs.
• Kevin, Travis, Naty, and fourth member, Circus (Trapeze) Team - Highly skilled with shows providing excellent entertainment. Competing with the Sailing Team for female and male guest attention.

Food and Beverage:
• Tony, Maria, and Henry, Sharkies Beach Restaurant and Bar Chefs - Cheerfully cooked up huge amounts of grill food under extremely brutal working conditions, and insisted on serving it nicely.
• Miguel, Dessert Baker - You have to see (and eat) his daily creations to believe them.
• Dennis (and others), Chefs - Carefully cooked and proudly served the most delicious and varied food.
• Jonathan (Restaurant Manager) – Extremely accommodating (and handsome – our little joke).
• Head Chef of the The Lucayan” – The “Nice” Restaurant. Sorry, I forgot his name. Here delicious 4 course meals are served in a more intimate environment. Make sure to dine there at least once during the week.
• Omar, HEAD CHEF – Who overseas everything. A BIG job under daunting constraints.
• Tito and Zac (and others), Bartenders - Competed daily to make me the perfect “Miami Vice.” The entire Bartending Team works exceptionally hard.

Entertainment:
• Kelsey, Animation Manager.
• Cara, Choreographer and Narish, Costume Designer – Writes, choreographs, and dresses fun shows, utilizing and training the G.O.’s as dancers and entertainers. Wow!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ABSchulz
piscataway, new jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic five night, six day stay at Club Med Turks and Caicos. My husband and I (age 50) and our Son and his girlfriend (age 22) had a wonderful time. Check in was a breeze, our rooms were ready upon our arrival, enjoyed a quick lunch at Sharkies and the fun began. We took full advantage of the snorkel boat (3 trips) sailing lessons and on our own (3 times) kayaks and paddle boards. We swung by a Aqua gym class in the pool and ocean as well as water volleyball. My husband won the 70-80s trivia contest and my son and his girlfriend took dance lessons. Food selections were wonderful and plenty of choices, we dined with and met some great guests from all over the world as well as the great GO's. Hours before leaving for our flights we took a trapeze lesson with Naty and Kelsey. We have so many great memories we plan to return and create some news ones. Hats off to Club Med and Staff for an excellent vacation, please please please keep this location as adults only! Thanks to Hugo, Manny and Daniel on the snorkel boat. Enjoyed pirate night too.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms C1234 and C1235 closer to the scuba/snorkel area, for us it was great since we sn...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NH
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is more of a general statement rather than one directed exclusively at Club Med and the cost of top draw drinks (and an added expense). While staying at Club Med last October, I had the opportunity to do some touring around with another couple who have a home on Provo. One of our stops included a visit to the local grocery store. I nearly dropped my teeth! (And they are not false!) Oranges: $1.49 each. Coffee: 21/2 times more than I pay at home. ...EVERYTHING averaged at least twice what I pay at my local grocery store state-side. My friends explained that everything that arrives on the island is automatically taxed 30%. (Can you imagine what is cost them to stick-build their house???) BTW my friends were staying at Club Med while they were doing some work on their house. In short, after my trip to the local grocery store my perspective changed. ...No complains from me. I understand the reason for the higher costs for premium drinks (if that's what your palate demands). (Now if they would only get some better mattresses at this resort!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank allfinsnmask
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Well, well never thought I would make it to Club Med but we wanted to dive in Caicos for years and Club Med seemed like a good home base for all our planned off resort activities, diving as well as we wanted to experience this "Cub Med thing" . In no particular order: Beach: OMG, so beautiful, white sand, light breeze everyday, sunny and hot- the perfect Carribbean beachfront with tons to do, if desired. Rooms: very average, maybe a few bed bugs- didnt bother me but wifey definitely got bitten every night. Staff/G.O.'s: some really positive and warm- energizer bunnies sun-up to sundown, some mailing it in- maybe a little burnt out?, some friendly and professional, some not-so, and a couple even available for week-long romances. Food:as far as the resort buffet dining go, Club Med and their wonderful chefs have nailed it - diverse, well presented and appealing, and overall quite scrumptious. Drinks: sub-par rail alcohol, wine tolerable, and over-priced premium spirits. Activites & Entertainment: abundant with no-cost activities ( i.e. sailing/fitness/volleyball) throughout the day as well as high price Club Med excursions offered through thier own booking office. Warm and original folk singers early evening added something special other than typical sound machine disco music played every evening (Can't believe they still sing that song and half the guests get up and line dance to it everyday?!). Overall: could not just stay on the resort day in /day out and would recommend to check out TCI restaurant/bars and off resort activities to get the true flavour of Turks and Caicos . All that said, would I return, Yes- something about that Club Med thing

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple