“Had a great time.”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Montreal, Canada
“Had a great time.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Just back from two glorious weeks. We had an amazing time. Our first time at a Club Med and our first time in Turks. We cannot fault it on anything at all. The beach, food, company, GOs, shows were all beyond our expectations. There was something to do all the time between sailing tennis Kayaking Snorkeling etc. The dining room layout made it possible to make so many new friends. Had a great time thanks to Lauren Eric Ann Sarah Kevin Colin and all the other GOs who made our stay so memorable with their constant smiling help.Definitely recommend this experience and we would certainly return. Great Value.
Would also like to mention a great restaurant a 5 minute walk from Club Med called Coco Bistro, with great ambience, food and setting for a special night out.

Room Tip: We were in D and it was so quiet and convenient for the beach.
2 Thank CandG4548

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
Phoenix
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my first visit to Club Med in Turkoise. There is certainly nothing about the island to complain about. Paradise is the accurate word.
The resort...not so much.
The rooms are not why you go to the island, but you do have to sleep and shower there, at least. Ours was never stocked with toiletries, even after I asked several times for things as simple as soap (yes, plain old soap). The bathroom had a strange smell, and it took a few days before I realized it was the wood behind the toilet rotting from mildew.
Yes, it's a very humid area, but that can be treated, if not cured.
The grout in the bathroom floor was black with mold and smelled very musty and damp. Nothing a little bleach wouldn't have fixed, but no one really seemed to care.
The bed was like sleeping on a peice of plywood.No padding, at all. I think they must do it so you'll buy more massages. Stay in one of these rooms and you'll need plenty. Two of the massage therapists actually told me they routinely got complaints from guests the beds were terrible. So why is nothing being done about that?
The resort itself is VERY rundown and outdated as compared to the others on the islnad. The buildings have missing shingles, the wooden railings along stairs and balconies were old and decaying in places. The buildings were covered with mold on the outside. (Again, a little bleach and problem solved.) The paint was fading and peeling and shutters and awnings were missing all over the place, with no attempt to even repair the places they used to be.
The staff was 50/50. Some were extremely nice and some were terrible. We arrived on the afternoon of November 10th when the restaraunts was closed, so we went to Sharkey's to get a drink and something quick to eat. A female bartender working there was rude and arrogant to everyone. I orderd the wrong drink, not realizing there were two ways to make it. I apologized and asked if I could change it and her response? "Next time-specify." Really? If you have place this run-down, your staff is going to be your redemption. Not so, in this case.
The resort was not clean and not well kept. I consistently walkd by the same glass sitting on the basket ball court, the same dishes sitting in cubbies at the ends of walkways by the rooms, and the same dirty paper napkin on the stairs every day. None of the staff made any effort to pick up-even though they walked by and saw it.
You were encouraged to re-use water bottles because the island has no recycling. I'm great with that. However, if that's the goal, there must actually be water avaible in the coolers to refill them. These were always empty.
Reception was not helpful. I asked for a small plastic bag to put some dirty clothes and, and the girl at the desk behaved as though this was the strangest request she had ever heard.
The food was fair, and buffet items were usually overcooked, and then cold by the time the dining room opened (which was always late).
I never saw any of the management personal walk the grounds to ensure things were being done, or ask any of the guests about their experience.
If you want a cheap vacation-go to Club Med. It you want a nice experience, go somewhere else.

1 Thank Lea R
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Lea R,
Thank you for taking the time to review Club Med Turkoise. We are happy to hear that members of our staff were able to meet your needs. However, we are so sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Please know that this is not the norm for Club Med and we addressing these concerns that you have mentioned here. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team
Warren
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went with a group of 29 people the week of November 10, 2012 (I understand that this is their off-season). The rooms definitely need updating, however, it was very reasonably priced for Turks and Caicos. Housekeeping good. Bartenders and Staff friendly. Food was very good for a buffet. This is my fourth all-inclusive and this was the best buffet yet. All of their bakery items especially are incredible. The beach is very beautiful and they have a lot of on-site activities. Ages of patrons are all over the place from 20 to 80. We stayed in Building E but the best location would be Building D (close to all activities). Brave souls should rent a scooter to tour the island (remember they drive on opposite side of road) as it is great fun!
Pros: There were no "salespeople" on the beach. There were plenty of chairs and shade at this time of year. Cons: The rooms do not have a balcony, which we missed.

Room Tip: Building D.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jdickey
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in Turkoise twice this year, just came back on Nov 9th, by coincidence Beach Fest was going on and it was tons of fun.

This is the perfect place to have a fun vacation or to rest if you like, the beach is paradise and the GOs team is very friendly.

The food variety has decreased, but it is still prepared by excellent chefs, so it still works for me. The rooms are clean and functional.

The facilities in general need a little love (lift) but if the cost to make this renovation is to make it a families club, then I rather leave it as it is.

Most of the hobbie cats also need maintenance

Special mention to some of the fantastic GOs (Gentle Organizers):
Manaf, Javier and Tito (Bar)
Nati (Circus & Zumba)
Fifi (sailing)
Melissa (Bar & Restaurant)
Jonathan (Restaurant manager)
Lauren (Housekeeping manager)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Susana L
california
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a great time at Club Med. The rooms are fine as long as you are planning on
using it only to shower and sleep and are planning on enjoying most of your time
outdoors enjoying the beautiful beach and taking advantage of the many
activities offered during the day and night. If you are planning on spending an
extended time in your room, then I would advise you to go elsewhere.

Food was buffet style for all your meals with many choices to choose from.
Breads and desserts were delicious. Drinks were fine as long as you ordered
something sweet. If not, I was told you could pay extra for better brands.

I agree with thomthom that the GO's were great, must go to Iguana Island, the
shows were great and Reflexion too was my favorite show and Club Med is the best
deal around. I look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NJ
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My first club med experience.
Too bad it was nothing like it used to be.
I went with a friend who has been there before. According to him and also to others we met that have been there before, employees(G Os) used to party with you all night, befriend you, and help you meet other guests.
There were stories of partying all night at Sharkies with the GOs and guests. Sharkies doesn't even stay open late anymore...
During our week, once the show ended then the party got kicked off, most of the GOs went to bed at 10:30-11. It was funny to see the dance floor go from 40 to 10 people in a matter of a minute.
They were hardly engaging all week also. If you didn't stop them and ask them a question, they would just walk by you. Not even a hello sometimes.
Since it was my first time there I didn't think much of it.
But once I heard how they are suppose to engage with you I was kinda bummed they weren't.
A lot of veteran guests seemed to think it was because the head boss was away for the week and also the place was only 60% full.
But I don know if I buy that. (Kobe) was a great host. He was everywhere and a pleasure to get to know. Eric and Carolyn were also great people to get to know.

The GOs are not the biggest problem however. The hotel itself is run down.
I don't know how it keeps its 3 star rating.
Mildew and or mold is everywhere.
My room was worse than my buddy's.
It was all over the curtains and shower ceiling.
The basketball courts and pool tables were all run down.
The place needs a major restoration.
I thought the food was decent. Not everyone thought so but for Buffett style food, I thought it was good.
Alcohol on the other hand seemed very weak. Not sure if it was watered down or not but 3 coronas(gotta pay for) got me drunker than 7 mixed drinks.

The beach is beautiful!
Nicest sand I've ever walked on.
Vball was fun, as well as the sailing.
The snorkeling is not so great.
Perhaps I'm spoiled tho since I'm comparing it to Hawaii and Thailand.

The biggest disappointment of my stay was the crowd.
It was only 60% full and half the guests were over 50.
It got better as the week went on tho and we ended up having a good time.

The weirdest thing I've learned about club med is that it grows on you.
Whoever started this form of resort vacation knew what they were doing.
Eventho it can be korny and cheesy it's kinda cool to get to know the people that work there and see them do silly skits or perform their talents.
So eventho the GOs weren't as out going this time around and the hotel needs an overhaul, I would go back.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank PickyEaterIam
Dear PickyEaterIAm,
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We appreciate your feedback as we are continually trying to improve. We are very sorry that we did not meet all your needs. Please know that this is not the norm for us, and we are currently addressing the concerns you mentioned here. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope we can prove ourselves to you in the future.
Kind Regards,
Your Club Med Team
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We read lots of reviews before we booked our trip, and having just come back from Turkoise, I have no idea what other reviewers were complaining about. Great food. Lots of well-staffed activities. Fantastic beach. Really good diving. Excellent staff. Some have written that the rooms are in rough shape. To that I say, go outside and play. Granted, it's an older club and maybe a facelift would pretty up some spots, but if you're looking for things to complain about, you can find them at any resort. The club is there for active fun. It's not an intimate hideaway. Large-room dining isn't appropriate for every style of vacation, but if you're sociable and content to meet people from all over the world, this is a very good choice. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did.

3 Thank Bryan S