“Either you love it... or you don't.”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Los Angeles, California
“Either you love it... or you don't.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let me be transparent here and state that the review below me is from the person I went on vacation with. Let me also be transparent and state that the main reason we came to Turkoise (besides the amazing beaches/snorkeling) is because we knew we had friends who had transferred from Punta Cana there. (i.e. Chef du Village Vincent, Chef (as in food) Mylyn, Asst. Reception Manager Anne and the surprise Ronny (sailing). My experience of the vacation started off a bit rocky as I was one of 30+ people whose luggage did not arrive with their American Airlines flight (it came 24 hours later). Club Med must be familiar with this predicament because they immediately had toiletry kits ready for us and vouchers should our clothes not have made it. However, with the wonderful treatment by all of the GO's and meeting some really cool guests (Let's just say I have at least 15 new Facebook friends) it was an AMAZING time. Snorkelling was awesome - Manny and Travis were so much fun. Mackenzie in the pool was the girl! (I hope you are enjoying my mister). Vincent and Khassim were like two Forrest Gumps - there showed up everywhere - to welcome you off the boat, to welcome you to dinner, to welcome you whatever! Special thanks to Fifi who set up a little shabbat dinner for the MOTs. The people I met were people who were looking to relax and have a good time. I heard a few naysayers in the pool complaining - but for the price - you can't beat Club Med. I would have loved to have cocktail servers at the pool, but hey, I'm sure it helped to work off some of the beverages by having to go to the bar. If you are easygoing and laid back you wil have a great time. If you are uptight and everything has to be exactly your way - then shell out the money and go to the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton - and leave the laid back Club Med style for the rest of us. Having stayed in Four Seasons and Ritz Carltons, this resort could use a little renovation, but as long as the showers work, the beds have pillows and the room stayed nice and cool... when are you really in the room? Can't wait for my next trip to Club Med!

Room Tip: We liked being in building A close to the action (bar, reception, restaurant)
5 Thank Elise1967
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Elise1967,
Thank you for sharing about your experience at our Club Med Turks and Caicos resort. We're so glad you had a wonderful time and that you found our staff and activities to be great. We also love that you had a blast snorkeling! Thank you again for posting a review, and we can't wait for you to return!
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I purposely waited a couple weeks before I wrote my review... I wanted the "wonderful holiday buzz" to wear off a bit, so I could be more objective. I'm still waiting.... Yes, this Club is in need of a remodel - everyone knows it, but that's not why you go there. You go for the beach, the diving/snorkeling and to have a good time. The property, while a bit old, is very clean and adequately stocked. Having been there 3 years ago, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Vincent is an amazing Chief of the Village. He was a constant presence and made sure everyone had exactly what they needed. The G.O.'s were all super friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly available. The food was great (Thank you, Mylyn!) and I ate way too much. So much better than the last time I was there. Special thanks to Anne. She made sure every detail was handled perfectly. She is a treasure. It was also great to see Ronnie from Punta Cana! Mackinzie, Travis, Manuel, Khassim and Hugo and the other G.O.'s were awesome and new friends. If you're new to snorkeling, you will be in excellent hands. The team does a very good job of looking after you, as well as making sure you see a lot of sea life - turtles, squid, sharks, amazing fish. It's gorgeous. The boat captains were great, too! So friendly and free with advice and help with your equipment. There were lots of people who went on their own, which was nice to see. You can be as social or solitary as you want without having to worry about it being weird. And I liked that there was a wide range of age groups and no children at this Club. It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll find someone you can relate to. There are a gazillion activities to keep you busy, but without any pressure to actually do any of it. You can work out, go on the trapeze, play sports, sail, go on an excursion.... Or just sit on the beach and read a book. It's all good. I also really appreciate that they are mindful of the environment, and take care of the sea. Seriously, for the price, you cannot beat this Club for a relaxing, gorgeous holiday.

Room Tip: Bring really good bug spray and "after bite" topical sprays. Between the mosquitoes and t...
6 Thank NancyAnne22
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear NancyAnne22,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Turks and Caicos resort. We are pleased to hear you had an amazing experience and that our staff and dining options surpassed your every expectation. It also sounds like you had a great time enjoying all the activities we have to offer such as the trapeze, snorkeling and sailing. Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to see you again soon!
Denver, CO
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start out by saying my overall experience at Club Med Turks and Caicos Turkoise was low. I’m a first timer, and was hoping for an awesome experience.
I had only a few good things to say, I’ll get to that in a minute.
I stayed from 10/20/2012 to 10/27/2012.

Be ready for food that is tasteless and cold. Good: They tried to have at least one or two different dishes every night.
The drinks seemed watered down I could drink like a fish and barley catch a buzz.
A group of us left the resort and went to Jimmy’s Dive bar. Within 2 drinks, I felt the alcohol I had longed for. What a fun place too! We partied with Jimmy and he is a gracious host!

Employee morale is very low. No hello or eye contact when waking by. It seemed to be avoided. I’m serious, something was wrong. Just watch a show/performance that week and you could see it. I was told a new set of employees (they’re called GO’s) were coming in and it should get better. It never did.
It was good that the place had enough guests to offset the lack luster 2 star facility. The place is falling apart! Too much to list, it needs a major renovation.

I had mold and cockroaches in my room (see pics).
A/C in my room didn't work.
10/21 rude bartender when ordering sea Breese. I changed my mind to a mango daiquiri and she got very snotty and told me to “Just make up my mind!”
10/24 asked to get info to fly out ahead of Hurricane Sandy. They never called back.
Water is either very hot or very cold in shower. Quite annoying.
10/24 Maui Jim’s sunglasses stolen from room. I reported it and was asked to fill out an Incident Form. I did right away…no one ever called. $300 loss.

No better beaches in the in the world! Makes everything else go away!

However, I thought Club Med was so much better than this.

Joe C
Denver, CO

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Joe C
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Joe C,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at Club Med Turkoise. First and foremost, we apologize that your stay was so unsatisfactory as this is not the norm for Club Med. We are currently assessing the concerns you mentioned and greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just got back from my third Club Med Turk’s visit this year and as always, the vacation had more great memories to last most people a lifetime.

Our group consisted of 8 returning guests from the year before and because of the fun we had in 2011, friends asked to tag along on our next adventure, which brought our group to 23 that booked for the week of Oct. 20th. With the ease of socializing in the Club Med environment, which is what truly separates it from other resorts, our group grew to roughly 40 people sharing laughs and stories for an entire week.

Yes the club is not in the best of shape, little things are becoming more noticeable such as no wash cloths for the entire week which was common in our group, sometimes you get a 16 oz. bottle of water some days none compared to Cancun where you received 2 bottles every day. But it is an Adult resort for known for socializing, endless activities and non-stop laughing. The energy of the entire team was not the same as March or July. Definitely a huge turnover in GO’s as there was in July but the energy was not the same. The best part of the resort, after reading all the comments concerning the air conditioning over the summer, was that the AC is better then ever. My room stayed a constant 68 degrees F, which was a world of difference from July.

During our stay we caught some rain due to Hurricane Sandy, but even those 3 days of rain and clouds did not dampen our spirit or the energy of some fun G.O.’s. The members of the team that shined during our week were: Sarah handling our reservations, quite a feat for a large group. Jimmy in Purchasing who always caught up with us after his shift to share laughs, entertain us in the shows and hang with the last person in the group till the end every night. Mackenzie who managed to laugh and spend time with our group even when she was a little under the weather. Eric in Sailing is just a Chief waiting to happen. On one of the rainy days, a group of guests gathered around him at the sailing shack and he gave one of the best training seminars ever without even getting into the water. His experience in sailing is second to none and with his background it is hard to understand why he is not Chief of Sailing right now. Speaking to others from Cancun to Turks, all agree he has the most sailing experience then any G.O. presently working for Club Med in any village. I feel Club Med needs a mystery guest or guests to evaluate and help pass along the guest’s point of view. Andi, assistant bar manager, is just a special person that connects with guests instantly and has a smile to greet everyone. She was behind the bar last year when our group arrived and remembered favorite drink orders from the most obscure requests. Animation Chief Kelsey who was a ray of sunshine during the rain. She emceed the games, kept guests from getting depressed due to the weather and interacted with everyone in the village, she is a true gem. Narish from animation/theater was social, engaging in conversation, helpful with suggestions and busy every night with the shows. Last and definitely not least is front desk receptionist Lauren C. who not only helped with special requests, but also was the consensus favorite G.O. by our group. She was a popular fixture at dinners where she tried to spend as much time with all of us by bouncing around the small groups within a large group. Watching her work with so many different types of emotional guests from them being angry, to them having a blast, she treated each and every guest as a VIP and handled all situations with a smile. She spent her day off with our group and kept us entertained with stories, activity suggestions on and off Club Med, and her endless energy carried on late into the evenings while socializing with all guests.

The biggest shock for me was the sailing team. While they are great at their jobs, they are WAY under staffed. Comparing to Club Med Cancun, they have twice the sailing area in Turks with less then half the team as Cancun. They only have 3 G.O.’s that support the guests that love windsurfing and sailing. They are so under staffed that they are closed on Saturdays with no sailing allowed which is a shame since so many guests arrive different days of the week. Also the security boat compared to Cancun (where they have 2 boats) is breaking down and almost sunk for the second time in three weeks due to choppy water. With the quick thinking of Rony, Sailing Chief, he saved it before it went under. Sailing and wind surfing is much bigger in Turks then Cancun and they need to remedy this situation ASAP. I was in Cancun during their busy season, August, and there are more guests that sail/windsurf in Turks then Cancun, which has twice the guests.

Overall Club Med Turks is a fun exciting place for adults to vacation. I encourage adults that are looking for no frills, laughs, sun and endless entertainment from morning till late in the evenings to give the resort a try and see for yourself why so many of us return year after year often a couple times a year.

3 Thank CancunMike2001
Dear CancunMike2001,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We love when our guests have a wonderful vacation and we're thrilled to hear this was your 3rd visit to our Club Med Turks and Caicos resort this year! We're also so glad you found our staff, entertainment, activities and dining options to be exceptional. Thank you again for your feedback as we are constantly searching for ways to improve and greatly appreciate any suggestions our guests may have. We can't wait to see you again in the near future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to this club for years and while I don't expect luxury I do expect a club med experience. This year that just DIDN'T happen. It really feels like corporate has just thrown in the towel and given up. I was there in Oct. and it seems half the GO's were on vacation, including Vincent. Don't get me wrong, they work hard and deserve a break, but get a replacement please instead of canceling activities because they are understaffed. The GOs also know if they are renewing their contracts and those who are leaving have totally checked out and just don't give a hoot. But there were standouts, MacKenzie, and the circus stars, Travis and Tal. I honestly can't say I am dying to go back.

Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Dsquared512
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Dsquared512,
Thank you for sharing about your experience at Club Med Turkoise. We apologize for disappointing you, and we are currently addressing the concerns you mentioned. Please know we very much appreciate your feedback, and we hope you'll give Club Med another chance in the future.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First vacation at a Club Med and I was very pleased! The GO's were eager to please and the entertainment was excellant! Lots of fun with friends! Great 3.5 Star resort, don't expect luxury, but expect clean, fun resort to hang out at! The week after a hurricane made the water rough for water sports and diving. But we managed to have a great time hanging out at the resort. But the white sand beach was great, and we did get to swim and play in the surf of the ocean too, alot of fun....never laughed so hard! The pool, resturants, and bar were great. Then the last couple of days were were able to get in some good dives and we went sailing, which was a blast! Overall great resort to kick back and relax and do as little or as much as you want. The Trapese artists were amazing, and the nightly theatrical performances were great! The food, OMG........was great! the breads and pastries were to die for!! We're already planning to go back! If you're easy going and laid-back, this is the rersort for you!

3 Thank Jacquietb
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Jacquietb,
Thanks for the review! We love when our guests have an amazing experience and we're thrilled to hear your first Club Med vacation was a success! It makes us so happy to know our staff, beach, pools, dining options and entertainment surpassed your every expectation. We're also so glad you enjoyed sailing and diving! We can't wait to see you again in the near future!
maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Club Med is in desperate need for repair, but you can still have a great time if you are aware that the grounds are not top notch. This resort still has quite a charm to it. Rooms at Club Med are plain, simple but clean. Food is average but you wont starve for sure. Miguel makes the best desserts. Turks is a great place to relax and unwind. The water in Turks and Caicos is awesome. It is crystal clear and perfect temperature. Needless to say, we spent a great deal of time on the beach.The water sports are great. I went snorkeling which was pretty nice, but I hear diving was really good. If you like to be active, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy during the day. Yoga, Zumba, Aqua Gym and after exercising they have games to play in the pool such as pool volleyball etc. Then there are one of Club Med's specialties trapeze. The trapeze is great fun after you get over your fear and Kevin, Travis, Nady, and Tal were a great circus team.

After a full day of activities or lounging. The place to go is Sharkie's bar as they have drinks and food with wonderful live music. It was great chilling at Sharkie's listening to Chloe sing and watch the sunset every night. Club Med also provides activities each night. Nightly entertainment was great. Game night, trapeze, circus shows, variety shows but the show not to be missed is Club Med's new show Reflexion. It is first class entertainment. I was in awe of this show that was created by their choreographer Kara. It was eccentric, fun and sexy. Not only is Kara creative, but she is a phenomenal dancer. The GO's did an amazing job in this show. After the shows they have a dance party in different locations throughout the grounds. So much fun.

The GO's were very polite and friendly and they were always telling you about upcoming events so you knew what was going on. Vincent was a gracious Chief of the Village, always making sure everything was to our satisfaction. He was everywhere and always accessible. He introduced many of the shows and would stop by to say hi throughout the day. By Vincent's side was Khaseem who was also very nice and attentive and I am sure too some day he will make a great Chief of the Village. The GO's on this resort are what make Club Med Turkoise what it is. I would just like to say to everyone there, keep up the good work. I'm already looking to book there again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank tOkar77
Dear tOkar77,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Turks and Caicos resort. We are so glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you enjoyed all the activities our resort has to offer such as snorkeling, yoga, zumba and the trapeze. We're especially happy to hear you found our staff, circus, dining options and entertainment to be fantastic. Thank you again for sharing about your stay, and we can't wait for you to return!