“First Club Med Experience”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Airdrie, Canada
“First Club Med Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We came to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We were very impressed with the friendliness of the GO's, the variety of food and drinks, the amazing beach, all the activities offered, the theme nights and the evening shows. We met so many interesting people!!

The Sailing Armada trip to Iguana Island was the highlight of the week-special thanks to Fifi our sailor and to Eric for his organization and friendliness.

The Circus team put on a trulely amazing show as well as the GO's in the 60's/70's show we loved Diesel!! Aquacise in the ocean was fun.

Thank you!!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet ground level room close to the pool and restaurant and we were given a room in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CountryGirlCalgary
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear CountryGirlCalgary,
Thank you for posting a review about our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had a fabulous first vacation at Club Med! It sounds like you had a great time enjoying the activities and entertainment, and we're so glad you found our staff, beach and dining options to be marvelous. We hope you visit again in the near future!
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is my second trip to Club Med. What brings me back is the amazing beach and staff.
Im going to keep this review short and to the point.

* Do not expect anything luxurious this is not the place for it. Club Med is in serious need of renovations but the room and bathroom are nicely kept clean and comfy enough for a goodnights rest after a long day of drinking ;)

* Food, this is my biggest problem. The food is well not the best yes, you will find something to eat but nothing at all to rave about. 3 years ago I had the same problem and I was hoping for some improvement but was disappointed once again. However, their white chocolate bread is delicious!

* Beach is simply amazing! I have yet to step into the pool as the ocean is so beautiful and warm I found myself in it all day!

* The staff is great and so friendly! Yes you will interact a lot with them as they are always around and will sit with you for breakfest, lunch or dinner and will get you engaged into activities. Thanks to Vincent the village chief as he was so pleasant and kind. Henry, thanks for our mid-day and late-night snacks. Olivia, Zac, Tito big thanks for our drinks!!

* Activities- you will always find something to do. This resort is extremely active from sailing to trapezing to yoga on the beach. The night parties are a good time and a great way to interact with other travelers.

Bonus-- NO KIDS!!! yay! (sorry but while on vacation its great to kick back with other adults and not have to deal with children running around)

This vacation was extremely relaxing and such a good time and this is what club med is all about. Don't go with any high expectations. Rent a vehicle, visit the island, eat at local spots and just enjoy your time away in paradise, we sure did!

Thanks Club Med until the next time we meet again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank s0nia88
Dear s0nia88,
Thank you for sharing about your stay. We're so happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed all our resort has to offer like our beach and variety of activities. Thank you for your suggestions as we are always searching for ways to improve and appreciate any insights our guests may have. We're so glad you had a relaxing time, and we can't wait to see you again!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have never been to a resort where I will actually miss the people let alone even remember their names. From the Chief of Village, Vincent, down to the sweet lady who made sure my husband was happily overloaded on desserts everyday this was an experience of a lifetime.

The Beach was absolutely beautiful with crystal clear blue waters and the food and drinks were good and plentiful!

We snorkeled everyday and saw most of the evening shows which were awesome.

The staff is who made this such an amazing experience. Manny and Jake along with the captains made sure we had a great time snorkeling. Zach, Andi and the other bar staff made sure we had delicious drinks made anyway we wanted them. Last but not least LaLa who recommended places to see, dishes to try and shows to experience became a great friend we looked forward to talking to everyday.

Turks & Caicos was an amazing Island to visit but Club Med showed us a new way to vacation! Our next vacation will be with another CLub Med somewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MrsWagz
Dear MrsWagz,
Thank you for posting a review about our resort. We love when our guests have a terrific vacation, and we're so glad you and your husband are already planning another Club Med vacation! We're also so happy our beach, staff and dining options exceeded your every expectation. Thank you again for your insights, and we can't wait for you to return!
denver colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

best beach i have ever seen, yes the resort could use some updating but everything works, food was very good, lunch was a little of the same everyday but plenty to choise from. I am always dismayed when I read reviews that slams the help sitting with the guest that is what the GO's are supposed to do so everyone meets people I think is one of the best features. Weather was great the whole week a little warmer than what i remember from other times. I too hope they keeps kids out

2 Thank zbigthing
Dear zbigthing,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Club Med Turkoise. We are so glad you found our beach, activities, dining options and staff to be excellent. It is our goal to make sure each guest has a memorable experience, and we're so happy you had such a lovely time. We hope you visit again in the near future!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just came back and I had a wonderful time! what an experience! I`m feeling soooo relaxed from my vacation! I came on my own and met wonderful people. I`ve never been to a club Med before and I was impressed by the staff, the food, the activities, it`s very well organised, the beach is amazing... Vincent was professional and friendly, thanks Kara for teaching me zumba, you`re fun and your evening show was very well done, Maureen you`ve been fantastic, doing yoga with you was such a pleasure! Thank you all and I hope to come back again soon! Muriel

3 Thank Muriel1969
Dear Muriel1969,
Thanks for sharing! It makes us so happy to hear you had an awesome first Club Med vacation. We're also so glad our staff, dining options, activities and beach surpassed your every expectation. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I spent a week as a solo traveller in October, 2012. I hadn't been to Club Med in 10 years, and had never been as a single traveller. I have to say that I had one of the best holidays I've ever had. What remains true of Club Med now, as always, is that this is not a resort, or a vacation for everyone. DO NOT go to a Club Med if you do not understand what they specialize in. Club Med is about the overall vacation "experience", and not the individual details. So, what does this mean:

-If you are not going to participate, or can't imagine participating in sports, activities, events, games, dance lessons, nightly shows, nightly parties, etc., you will probably be disappointed with your vacation. There is so much to do - from SCUBA to Trapeze, pool games, beach games, and even secret games you can play with the GO's (staff) if you get to know them well (Buffalo!).

-If you don't like meeting new people, sitting with strangers at dinner, and generally not having a lot of "quiet time", you will probably not enjoy the experience. One of the primary jobs of the GO's (the staff - young people from all over the world, but mostly Canada and the US) is to engage guests. The upside is that it is so easy to meet interesting, fun and wonderful people.

-If you are looking for luxury - you will be disappointed. This is not a "luxury" vacation in the way that word is used to describe resorts and hotels. The rooms are places to sleep. The facilities are clean, but generally functional - not "fancy". The food is well made and fresh, but probably not something you're going to talk about when you get home (except for the bread and pastries made fresh daily that are extraordinary!). In six months, you won't remember what kind of pillow you had, or what your bathroom counter was made of. But you will remember the fun you had, and the great people you met.

What really makes Club Med different is the "culture" of the place - the "feel" - created by both the guests and the staff. It's hard to explain. I met a couple on this trip who were visiting Club Med for the first time who said "I can't explain it - everyone here is just so happy". It's infectious. I've been to other resorts chains like Sandals and Riu Palace, and on the surface, they probably look better. Bigger. Fancier. More choice. But they fall desperately short where it matters - they have no heart. Those were trips. This was a vacation.

10 Thank Parky2u
Dear Parky2u,
Thank you for posting a review about our resort. We love when our guests have an amazing experience and we're thrilled you had one of the best holidays ever! It sounds like you had a wonderful time meeting new people and enjoying all our activities and entertainment. We're so happy you had such a wonderful stay, and we hope you visit again in the near future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just spent a week at Club Med Turks & Caicos and have high praise for the experience. I was there with friends which was great and together we met many other fun and interesting people. I'm active and was up early for breakfast, yoga, zumba, trampoline, trapeze and/or "boot camp" exercise class (when not on the SCUBA boat). Shout out to Maureen (yoga, boot camp, trapeze), Tara (zumba, entertainment) and the acrobatic crew, Tal, Kevin & Travis from New Jersey. The morning and afternoon yoga classes (not too intense, 30-35 minutes) were sublime on the dock overlooking the ocean. Maureen was a delight every day.

The beach is gorgeous and the water warm and inviting. I spent no time in the pool but the folks playing pool volleyball and doing aqua-aerobic (with MacKinsie who was also wonderful) looked like they were having a blast.

I went to get my PADI scuba training (which I had started at home but needed the open water portion) and was impressed with the SCUBA crew: Marc-Antione (my capable and friendly instructor), Jordan, Travis and Hugo were great. I am sorry I don't recall the others' names but the whole group was fantastic, very helpful and supportive. And now I am PADI certified. Ha!

The entertainment was fun; the Reflexion show was great and full of energy and creativity. The acrobatics shows (one on the trapeze, with fellow GMs performing! and one in the stage area with a variety of talents) were amazing. My favorite entertainment, though, was the evening "coffee house" at Sharkey's (5:30-6:30) with Chloe who played guitar and sang great favorites and some creative originals. Her warmth and talent were a delight as the sun set every evening.

I was not prepared for the "dress code" and would have packed differently perhaps but always found something okay to wear at night. Dancing was fun every night, whether in the "village square" or at Sharkey's. If you go and care to join in the codes, bring an outfits for Black and White, White, Black/jeans, "Cappuccino" and "Dress up." There was also a girls wear Pink, boys wear Blue night but that was just too silly.

The food was plentiful if not fantastic; there was always something good to eat. Shout out to Miguel the pastry chef. Drinks were almost always available, generous and tasty. My room was spacious and cool. The cleaning staff (Ann) was efficient and helpful. This is not a 5 star place and it's getting a little long in the tooth but for my needs (a bed, a shower, a toilet, hangers) it was perfectly adequate, comfortable, and importantly, clean.

All in all, a vacation to remember. Highly recommend. (...and A+ for no kids. Please keep it that way Club Med execs!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank echo3246
Dear echo3246,
Thank you for sharing about your stay at our resort. It makes us so happy to hear you had such a fabulous vacation and that our staff, activities, entertainment and beach surpassed your every expectation. We're especially glad you enjoyed our trapeze, zumba, yoga, trampoline and scuba diving! Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!