“Manage Your Expectations (3 Trident Resort) for A MOST WONDERFUL Holiday”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
“Manage Your Expectations (3 Trident Resort) for A MOST WONDERFUL Holiday”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I recently returned from my 39th visit to Club Med Turkoise (my 47th Club Med vacation). I was there to celebrate my birthday (for the 13th time there) from May 17-25, 2012. I had an AMAZING time, as did most everyone else I encountered. I travel the world, but always come back to Turkoise.

I have been going to Turkoise for the last 25 years – long before anyone ever heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands (British West Indies gems). Over these years, the Turks have become “The playground for the world’s rich and famous.” While the physical Village has aged (it was built around 30 years ago), Turkoise has maintained the true spirit of Club Med in an exemplary way. And this spirit is what differentiates it from other resorts, in a most wonderful manner. The people working there – Management, and the G.O./G.E. Team – are all your hosts and encouraged to interact with the guests (at whatever level you are comfortable with) and to have fun while working. All made my entire holiday AWESOME - I was treated Royally.

Staying at Turkoise gives you the opportunity to visit an extremely expensive island (other resort rooms can cost well over $1,000/night) at an affordable price, considering that (almost) everything is included – a very clean and comfortable room, delicious and varied food and drink almost 24/7, free professional lessons and very active participation in endless water, land, and air (trapeze) sports, and fun entertainment (no, not Broadway). ALL BUILT ON THE BEST, VERY LONG STRETCH OF GRACE BAY BEACH, ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES IN THE WORLD (Recently voted #1 beach destination in the world). And another great feature - ADULTS ONLY (no one under 18).

Your level of expectations can make your vacation. Anyone planning a Turkoise holiday must understand that Club Med Turkoise is currently a “3 Trident” (equivalent to 3-star) resort. You go there for the magnificent sea and beach, endless activities, food and drink, entertainment, and wonderful Club Med fun atmosphere and camaraderie - NOT FOR THE LUXURY OR AMBIENCE OF A 4 or 5 STAR RESORT. If you want that, stay at any of the other resorts that are Club Med Turkoise’s neighbors on Grace Bay Beach. Be sure to bring a very fat wallet.

Everyone at Turkoise made my recent trip (and all prior ones) so memorable. High commendations go to the following (I’m certain that I missed a few – please forgive me):

Management:
-Vincent Gransire, Chef de Village. Responsible for running all of Turkoise. Vincent is truly my special friend/family, and unbelievable at motivating his entire Staff and managing the physical plant.
-Kathryn, Hotel Services Manager
-Abdel and Khassim, Leisure Services Manager – and the best entertainers in the business.
-Virginie, Training Manager

Reception:
-Giulia, Reception Manager (and all of her Reception Desk G.O.’s).
-Miho, Assistant Reception Manager
-Laura, Accommodations Manager (always ensuring me my favorite room).
-Diesel, Transportation (always providing an appreciated “Welcome Home!”)

Sports Teams (The “Heart and Soul” of Turkoise):
-THE BEST SAILING TEAM AROUND: Casey, Tal, Mathieu, and Eric (Professional, Expert, Fun, Family/Friends, and enjoyable for the female guests to look at).
-Kelsey, Chief of Sports. All Sports G.O.’s (and there are many at this very active resort that offers varied sports) report to her. She has to manage and motivate everyone. Definitely destined to become a CDV.
-Circus (Trapeze) Team: Kevin, Travis, Naty, and Tal. Highly skilled and their shows provide excellent entertainment. Competing with the Sailing Team for female guest attention.

Food, Beverage, Housekeeping:
-Alex, Sharkies Bar Chef. Cheerfully cooked up huge amounts of grill food, under extremely brutal working conditions.
-Miguel, Dessert Baker. Prepared my best Birthday Cake ever! You have to see (and eat) his daily creations to believe them.
-Dennis and Betty (and others), Chefs. Carefully cooked and proudly served the most delicious and varied food.
-Tito and JP (and others), Bartenders: Competed daily to make me the perfect “Miami Vice.” The entire Bartending Team works exceptionally hard.
-Carida, Housekeeper. Has been taking care of my room (with the most special “Welcome” and Birthday decorations) for years and years! The best!

Entertainment:
-Melinda, Choreographer. Writes and choreographs fun shows, utilizing and training the G.O.’s as dancers and entertainers. Wow!

As a frequent guest (G.M.) of Turkoise, I offer the following suggestions for a GREAT holiday:

1. Treat everyone working at Club Med Turkoise (Management and G.O./G.E. Team) with kindness, respect, and patience. Follow the “Golden Rule” of “Do Unto Others as You Would Like Them to Do Unto You”. In English – BE NICE. You will be greatly rewarded. Everyone is there to make you happy and keep you safe. You will find them highly skilled, well educated, very worldly, interesting, and wonderful human beings. Make them your friends; make friends with them.

2. Bring drinking water flavoring (“MIO”, Crystal Light, etc.) You must drink a lot of water during the long days of sun and fun to prevent dehydration. A bit of flavoring in water bottles does the trick. “MIO” comes in tiny, light, and easily transportable bottles. You only need two drops, so one bottle will last the week. Give any leftovers to the Sailing Team!

3. Bring your favorite room deodorizer. It helps make your room smell nice, even with damp bathing suits, etc. hanging around. I bring a “Glade” plug-in unit with a tiny fan.

4. Bring plenty of plastic hangers. Use them to hang and dry your damp cloths. The best spot for this is the entrance hallway curtain rod, as intake air from the A/C unit is constantly circulating there.

5. Decide which side of the Turkoise Village is best for you. Request a room assignment on that side two (or more) weeks before arriving. You can even specify a Building by letter. Buildings A (Deluxe Rooms), B, and C are on the quiet side (named “Marina”). The Scuba building and dock is located here. Buildings D, E, and F (twin beds) are located on the active side (named “Florina”). Here you will find Sailing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Tennis, Circus, Sharkies Bar and Grill, Volleyball, Fancy Restaurant, etc. Either side has direct access to the magnificent Grace Bay Beach. Either side is not too far from everything and anything.

6. Leave Turkoise Village by taking a short walk along the beach to visit, explore, and shop in town. It is perfectly safe (but, be street smart). A walkway, located just before you reach the Seven Stars property, takes you from Grace Bay Beach to the main road. Leaving will give you a little flavor of the Turks and Caicos Islands and its people. Continue walking along the highway and visit “Alverna’s Craft Market”. Your patronage will be greatly welcomed and appreciated. I make it a point to purchase one piece of artwork each time I visit Turkoise There is also a small craft store across from Turkoise Reception, and a larger one right next door to the Scuba Shack.

7. Explore other attractions on Providenciales and the other Turks and Caicos Islands (if you can pull yourself away from the fun at Turkoise). “Big Blue” Expeditions has an office across from Turkoise Reception, so arrangements are easily made.

8. Attempt to resolve any problems you encounter like a professional. A positive attitude goes a long way to fix things. Understand that your enjoyment and safety is important to everyone, and they want to resolve concerns. In the Islands, things take a bit longer than at home.

9. Show respect to your fellow guests (G.M.’s). Everyone together wearing only bathing suits (during the day) is “The Great Equalizer” at Turkoise. Be nice. Do not be surprised if another guest is richer, better educated, smarter, more traveled, more famous (or infamous), etc., than you are. Guests come to Turkoise from ALL “walks of life”, most to escape the pressures of their complex lives.

10. Wear plenty of high SPF sunscreen. If bugs love you, bring insect repellent. Don’t spoil your entire vacation by getting burned the first day. Give any leftovers to the Sailing Team! Turkoise is in the tropics!

11. ENJOY!

Room Tip: Decide which side of the Turkoise Village is best for you. Request a room assignment on that side t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank ABSchulz
, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear ABSchulz,
Wow! We are so blown away by your loyalty to Club Med over the years! You have definitely figured out the Club Med formula from finding time to relax on our beautiful beach to taking lessons on our trapeze! We are so lucky to have great guests like you, and we sincerely appreciate all of your feedback! We can’t wait to see you back for visit #40!

Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Talk about making memories, I can't wait to go back to CM Turkoise. Putting together the most beautiful beach in the world with the greatest, most hospitable, friendly, and fun staff I've ever been around sets up a can't lose situation. Having been to numerous all inclusives I generally can't say great things about the food but this place is an exception. Chef Tarrell and his staff did a great job of presenting a menu of wide variety of great tasting fresh food. Each nights parties and entertainment kept it fun and interesting giving us plenty to talk about around the resort all week. Additionally we had great opportunities to meet great folks and the international flavor is a true plus. Thanks to Vincent and his team of GO's. Making it extra special for myself and my wife were: Lauren at the front desk, Mark and Annie on the bar staff, Alex at Sharkies, Matt, Eric and the sailing team, Maureen and her aqua gym, and so many more. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark M
Dear Mark M,
We’re so glad you made great memories at our Turkoise resort! It sounds like you love everything from our beautiful beach to our friendly staff and that makes us so happy! We appreciate you taking the time to share a review, and we hope you come back and see us soon!

Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The water, beaches, staff, management, and activities make this one of the places where you want to play all day and party all ze nite looong!

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was cool and convenient.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DER57936
, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear DER57936,
We’re so happy you loved your recent vacation at Club Med Turkoise! It sounds like there was plenty of activities to keep you busy and that is something that we strive for! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we hope you come back to see us soon!

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hi, my husband and I went to Turks and Caicos on our honeymoon from June 5-11, 2012. We stayed at Club Med and it was an awesome experience. What makes this place so great (other than the beautiful weather and the beach) is the fact that there is so much to do and see. But if you don't want to do all the activities (just relax mostly like us) then that was just great too. Everyone likes to people watch so even if you didn't do certain activities it was fun to watch others. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Vincent is the Chief of the Village and he was very welcoming. As another reviewer said, the GO's are what makes this place special. They are upbeat and friendly. The whole staff is really. Our fave was Naomi in the boutique. Naomi was the friendliest of the GO's so if you go here in the next few months be sure to talk to her! Also, we participated in the Armada sailing trip. Tal and the other sailing team members were very nice. Our sailboat broke while we were on the way to Iguana island so they had to tow us in. That's fine, stuff happens. The only thing was that they should have fixed our boat while we touring the island. Instead they forgot and then had to quick fix it before we left the island. But Tal fixed it very quickly and we were on our way. We had no troubles on the way back.

The shows were also fantastic, especially the dancers and trapeze artists. Crazy good. The "crazy signs" that the GO's do every night get a little repetitive but overall it creates a very upbeat and happy environment.

The food was wonderful. You HAVE to have the white chocolate bread. Can I say that again? You HAVE to have the white chocolate bread. So yummy! I ate it morning, noon, and night. We even bought a loaf to bring home. Also, if you go to the Lucayan restaurant, the pork was yummy and the peanut butter cream puffs were great.

I also can't say enough about the beach there. The view is gorgeous and the water is amazing. Sat in the ocean for hours every day.

Most of the visitors are friendly there. I now want to learn how to speak French.

The things to watch out for are things that I read about prior to going to the resort (or really the island in general) First of all, bring bug spray. The mosquitos and sand flies will eat you up. We sprayed ourselves down every night but I still got bit up. The nurse will give yoiu some cortizone cream but she was running out when we were there so I didn't get all the relief that I wanted. Secondly, understand that the rooms are run down a bit, but that it's mostly OK. We had one issue with our room that never got fixed but we were able to look passed it. The benefits outweigh the negatives. Also, if you are a person that needs air conditioning you might not want to go here. It is weak or non-existent. Again, this is something we could look past. You just got used to how it was and the breezes were so great you could still feel cool in shade there.

So go to Club Med Turkoise!! Pack your bags now!! Wish I could..... someday we'll be back :)

Room Tip: D building was great location and even when there parties in the village they didn't keep us up...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Adrienne B
Dear Adrienne B,
We’re so happy to hear that you loved your recent vacation at our Turkoise resort! You tried everything from crazy signs to sailing and that is what Club Med is all about! We apologize for any issues you experienced with your accommodations, and we appreciate you sharing this review with us! We hope you come back for another visit soon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We wouldn't go anywhere but Club Med Turkoise. The beach is amazing. The staff are very good at their jobs. The food is great. The guests are friendly. We immediately felt welcomed by Kelsey, head of land sports and animation. Kelsey was ubiquitous. She would greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. We'd see her on the beach, by the pool, at the bar, is the restaurant and Kelsey would even check up on us at our favorite activity, Trapeze! Kevin, Naty and Tal were running the trapeze team and they were just dynamite. We have flown with Kevin before and always feel very safe and well coached! We also especially enjoyed Maureen's yoga classes and our snorkel excursions.

We were on the island during the "virus" break out at another resort. As far as I know no one got sick at Club Med, precautions were taken, and the property certainly did not close down. For those of you who write that the island has no nightlife or your resort has no activities you are staying at the wrong resort! Club Med has it all, granted, the property is probably a bit spartan compared to some other resorts but as far as activities, companionship, and one of the most enchanted stretches of beach on the planet, you can't go wrong with Club Med Turkoise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kiford
Dear Kiford,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Club Med Turkoise! We’re so glad you loved everything we have to offer from our trapeze to relaxing by the pool! We pride ourselves on having great activities for all of our guests, and you are definitely proof that there is so much to do! We appreciate all of your insights, and we can’t wait to see you again!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Hi

I was there from June 3rd to June 10th.
This was my second time at the Turkoise Club Med and it was another great experience. Travelled solo for the first time. I knew this was the right resort for that but my experience was even better than expected. I would say 35% of us came by ourselves so its impossible to feel alone. Everyone who comes to this resort is very sociable, active and fun! Never once did I feel bored especially with the amount of activities available at not extra fees (Snorkeling, Trapeze, Zumba, Yoga, Pool Games etc...)
The weather was a bit hot (34 degrees) but it did not rain once so no complaint!
FOOD: There was a nice variety at the buffet and everything tasted great. I liked that every dinner had a different theme and there were excellent desserts too! My only disapointment was there was barely any seafoods and not a big variety of fishes. I know this is one of the lowest ranking Club Med but when Ive been to much less expensive resorts in Dominican/Cuba I always had shrimps and lobsters. I went to the A la carte resto which was a nice change of scenery, AC and nice to pick from a menu but in my opinion is not really worth it. Sharkies had very good wraps, fries and fast food, so its a nice option when you get hungry between meals.
Drinks are all good and the bartenders are always open to make you something different! Hugo is friendly and very upbeat, JP is very efficient and hardworking, Andi is a sweatheart and ready to help and Tito always has a smile on his face!
BEACH: One of the nicest in the world!!! The sand is soft and white, the ocean is turquoise and clean. Also the beach is so big that you could be very far from everyone if you want some alone time. Never had trouble getting chairs.
ACCOMODATIONS/RESORT: I really like the layout and the fact that you can walk everywhere no problems. My room was perfect and it was really clean. The dinning room was good but it could be nice to have some AC as it would get very hot sometimes.
ACTIVITIES: You go to this resort for the activities mostly! It is summer camp for adults, haven't had that much fun in a while! Snorkling is a must...what is nice is that you can go 10 different times and always see different sites. Aquarobics with Maureen and Sunnan is a real workout but its alot of fun too! Yoga on the dock with Maureen is very relaxing and it has an amzing view of the ocean! Zumba with Melinda is great too as she is an excellent dancer and very dedicated.
I also took part on the Armada Sailing trip(free) which was one of my highlight of the week. You register on Wed at 5 and the next afternoon all the boats take this 30 min sailing ride to this deserted island where there are some wild iguanas and nice blue lagoon. The sailing team was very knowledgeable but I want to congratulate Mathieu especially who always had a huge smile on his face and was very friendly.
Trapeze was my favourite activity... I really liked the thrill and learning new tricks. It was also such a hard workout and a great way to get to know new people. The circus team is amazing and a bunch of talented individuals! Kevin the chief always made you feel so safe and pushed you to get better. He also has an hilarious dry sense of humour. Naty is so strong, very hard worker and such an amazing performer. Tal was friendly and had amazing patience even when you messed up! Travis was very encouraging and always reminds you that your on vacation.
SHOWS: I liked the shows better this time than last time I was there. There were alot of great performers and a good variety. My favourite was the circus one but really liked the Drive-In too! Congrats to Melinda, Maureen, Kelsey and Andi who seemed to be in almost all of them!
PARTIES: I really enjoyed the fact that we switched the locations of the parties almost every night. The Angel/Devil one with skits in between was a very good idea! I was disapointed with the DJ at the beginning of the week as he took no special requests and played the same thing over and over... but at least for latino night they had a different DJ(kevin) which played different and much better music.
Happy Hour at Sharkies with Chloe was great too... Good way to chill by the sunset before getting ready.
STAFF: The GOs are what makes this resort so great and lively. Vincent chief of village and his assistant Khassim were very present and seem like they always wanted to improve things.
I want to highlight the GOs went out of their way to make my stay extra special: Maureen who in my opinion is one of the best GO... She is so great at her job(yoga teach, aquarobics), never complains, encouraging, is interested in getting to know you, always positive, very sincere and she is in all the shows!
Kelsey at land sports is in my opinion a future chief of village... She is very upbeat, present, amazing speaker and again is in most shows.
Micheal at housekeeping is also very friendly, hardworking and part of many of the shows.
Sunnan is the clown of the GOs, always lights up the mood and is very present. He has experience from the Asian Club Meds which was quite interesting to learn about.
Marilyn at reception is very friendly and was a great dancing buddy at the night parties.
Marie-Helene at décor was super friendly and sincere.
The 2 Hugo's (bar/scuba) were born to be GOs base on their attitude and energy...
Lala in HR is involved in shows, dance lessons, crazy signs and very friendly with everyone.
The whole circus team again work very hard during day, are all extremely talented and are part of the 2 best shows of the week.

I heard that the resort may go under renovations soon... I hope prices will remain reasonable as it was a great way for people to try club med for the first time..Also I hope the resort will remain adults only as I think this was one of the reason many of us chose this destination. As a single traveller, I liked the fact to have dinner with singles, groups of friends or couples vs young families.

For areas of improvements, I felt there were some GOs that were not too energetic or social... They weren't rude or anything but I felt that it was always the same 30 of them that we saw doing crazy signs, dinning with guest and socializing at the bar.
Also it would be nice to have on our confirmation of booking the theme of evening so it would be easier to pack. (for the ones readings these were the themes: black&white, beachwear, red&black or blue&white, capucino colors, 70s/80s and all white)

But again had a great experience and definetly want to come back soon as long as prices don't skyrocket! Turks and Caicos is beautiful, the ocean is amazing and met tons of great GOs and vacationers!

Cheers!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank KCho19
Dear KCho19,
We’re so happy you returned to our Turkoise resort for another great vacation! It sounds like you love taking part in all of our fun activities from yoga on the dock to sailing with the Armada! We love hearing from all of our guest, and we will be taking a closer look at all of your recommendations! We hope you come back and see us soon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 12, 2012

let me begin by saying that i have been to turks 3 times in the past 5 months! the last two visits were so close together (january and march) that trip advisor would not let me write a review, although i had soooo much to say :) club med is always a joy (i have been going yearly for over 20 years) and turks "adults only" atmosphere raises it to the next level.

why so many visits? the magic of club med is and always will be the staff. they work tirelessly to make sure that if you want to do it all, you can, and if you don't, you can watch :) the g.o. (gentle organizers) team has always been the heart and soul of each club and in small, intimate and always jumping turks, that is even more evident.

from beach volleyball (in the heat) to the shows (in the night) to the great snorkel trips, dancing to all hours of the morning, the go's make me go back and party! the gm's (gentle members=aka guests) that we meet in turks (some over and over again) are the next part of the fun equation....such joy in sharing this piece of paradise with like-minded fun people!

the next best thing about turkoise is the beach and that glorious water. these islands have amazing beaches and and turks has the biggest and best!...if you are looking for great water sports (sailing, kayak, snorkeling, diving) walks on the beach and glorious sunsets you will not be disappointed.

howevver, if you are looking for a 5 star fancy property without any issues, you may be....i hate to say anything negative since club med is like family and second home but the club is in dire need of maintenance TLC and upgrades. there are rumors they are coming but let me say that i would not hesitate to go back even if they do not occur. my husband may...full disclosure? check!

club med trips (especially in turks) make my year....they remind me what it is like to play, to dance (life would be better if we all danced a bit each day) and to meet new and old friends in one of god's most stunning playgrounds. try it and you will be back!

laura...p.s. have to elaborate on the wonderful staff: choosing my favorites would be like choosing a favorite child so it is a tough one....i will mention casey (works hard even when off), tal (new level of management suits him), maureen (sooo many classes and always smiling), mau and nahla at the boutique (amazing tie die expertise they will share with you and your clothes) melinda (puts on the shows) and andy at the bar (all the bar team works very hard and andy dances in the shows to boot)! bears repeating: club med's strength is in the staff and the energy they impart with their attitude and events!!!! the guests are great too :)

Room Tip: away from sharkeys just in case they party too loud, beach view, club rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank lkrocks
Dear lkrocks,
Thank you for being a frequent Club Med Turkoise visitor! We’re so happy that our friendly staff, beautiful beach, and great amenities keep you coming back! It sounds like this visit was full of great memories playing beach volleyball and so much more! We appreciate all of your comments and insights and will take a closer look at your recommendations. We can’t wait for your next trip!

Kind Regard,