I recently returned from my 39th visit to Club Med Turkoise (my 47th Club Med vacation). I was there to celebrate my birthday (for the 13th time there) from May 17-25, 2012. I had an AMAZING time, as did most everyone else I encountered. I travel the world, but always come back to Turkoise.
I have been going to Turkoise for the last 25 years – long before anyone ever heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands (British West Indies gems). Over these years, the Turks have become “The playground for the world’s rich and famous.” While the physical Village has aged (it was built around 30 years ago), Turkoise has maintained the true spirit of Club Med in an exemplary way. And this spirit is what differentiates it from other resorts, in a most wonderful manner. The people working there – Management, and the G.O./G.E. Team – are all your hosts and encouraged to interact with the guests (at whatever level you are comfortable with) and to have fun while working. All made my entire holiday AWESOME - I was treated Royally.
Staying at Turkoise gives you the opportunity to visit an extremely expensive island (other resort rooms can cost well over $1,000/night) at an affordable price, considering that (almost) everything is included – a very clean and comfortable room, delicious and varied food and drink almost 24/7, free professional lessons and very active participation in endless water, land, and air (trapeze) sports, and fun entertainment (no, not Broadway). ALL BUILT ON THE BEST, VERY LONG STRETCH OF GRACE BAY BEACH, ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES IN THE WORLD (Recently voted #1 beach destination in the world). And another great feature - ADULTS ONLY (no one under 18).
Your level of expectations can make your vacation. Anyone planning a Turkoise holiday must understand that Club Med Turkoise is currently a “3 Trident” (equivalent to 3-star) resort. You go there for the magnificent sea and beach, endless activities, food and drink, entertainment, and wonderful Club Med fun atmosphere and camaraderie - NOT FOR THE LUXURY OR AMBIENCE OF A 4 or 5 STAR RESORT. If you want that, stay at any of the other resorts that are Club Med Turkoise’s neighbors on Grace Bay Beach. Be sure to bring a very fat wallet.
Everyone at Turkoise made my recent trip (and all prior ones) so memorable. High commendations go to the following (I’m certain that I missed a few – please forgive me):
-Vincent Gransire, Chef de Village. Responsible for running all of Turkoise. Vincent is truly my special friend/family, and unbelievable at motivating his entire Staff and managing the physical plant.
-Kathryn, Hotel Services Manager
-Abdel and Khassim, Leisure Services Manager – and the best entertainers in the business.
-Virginie, Training Manager
-Giulia, Reception Manager (and all of her Reception Desk G.O.’s).
-Miho, Assistant Reception Manager
-Laura, Accommodations Manager (always ensuring me my favorite room).
-Diesel, Transportation (always providing an appreciated “Welcome Home!”)
Sports Teams (The “Heart and Soul” of Turkoise):
-THE BEST SAILING TEAM AROUND: Casey, Tal, Mathieu, and Eric (Professional, Expert, Fun, Family/Friends, and enjoyable for the female guests to look at).
-Kelsey, Chief of Sports. All Sports G.O.’s (and there are many at this very active resort that offers varied sports) report to her. She has to manage and motivate everyone. Definitely destined to become a CDV.
-Circus (Trapeze) Team: Kevin, Travis, Naty, and Tal. Highly skilled and their shows provide excellent entertainment. Competing with the Sailing Team for female guest attention.
Food, Beverage, Housekeeping:
-Alex, Sharkies Bar Chef. Cheerfully cooked up huge amounts of grill food, under extremely brutal working conditions.
-Miguel, Dessert Baker. Prepared my best Birthday Cake ever! You have to see (and eat) his daily creations to believe them.
-Dennis and Betty (and others), Chefs. Carefully cooked and proudly served the most delicious and varied food.
-Tito and JP (and others), Bartenders: Competed daily to make me the perfect “Miami Vice.” The entire Bartending Team works exceptionally hard.
-Carida, Housekeeper. Has been taking care of my room (with the most special “Welcome” and Birthday decorations) for years and years! The best!
-Melinda, Choreographer. Writes and choreographs fun shows, utilizing and training the G.O.’s as dancers and entertainers. Wow!
As a frequent guest (G.M.) of Turkoise, I offer the following suggestions for a GREAT holiday:
1. Treat everyone working at Club Med Turkoise (Management and G.O./G.E. Team) with kindness, respect, and patience. Follow the “Golden Rule” of “Do Unto Others as You Would Like Them to Do Unto You”. In English – BE NICE. You will be greatly rewarded. Everyone is there to make you happy and keep you safe. You will find them highly skilled, well educated, very worldly, interesting, and wonderful human beings. Make them your friends; make friends with them.
2. Bring drinking water flavoring (“MIO”, Crystal Light, etc.) You must drink a lot of water during the long days of sun and fun to prevent dehydration. A bit of flavoring in water bottles does the trick. “MIO” comes in tiny, light, and easily transportable bottles. You only need two drops, so one bottle will last the week. Give any leftovers to the Sailing Team!
3. Bring your favorite room deodorizer. It helps make your room smell nice, even with damp bathing suits, etc. hanging around. I bring a “Glade” plug-in unit with a tiny fan.
4. Bring plenty of plastic hangers. Use them to hang and dry your damp cloths. The best spot for this is the entrance hallway curtain rod, as intake air from the A/C unit is constantly circulating there.
5. Decide which side of the Turkoise Village is best for you. Request a room assignment on that side two (or more) weeks before arriving. You can even specify a Building by letter. Buildings A (Deluxe Rooms), B, and C are on the quiet side (named “Marina”). The Scuba building and dock is located here. Buildings D, E, and F (twin beds) are located on the active side (named “Florina”). Here you will find Sailing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Tennis, Circus, Sharkies Bar and Grill, Volleyball, Fancy Restaurant, etc. Either side has direct access to the magnificent Grace Bay Beach. Either side is not too far from everything and anything.
6. Leave Turkoise Village by taking a short walk along the beach to visit, explore, and shop in town. It is perfectly safe (but, be street smart). A walkway, located just before you reach the Seven Stars property, takes you from Grace Bay Beach to the main road. Leaving will give you a little flavor of the Turks and Caicos Islands and its people. Continue walking along the highway and visit “Alverna’s Craft Market”. Your patronage will be greatly welcomed and appreciated. I make it a point to purchase one piece of artwork each time I visit Turkoise There is also a small craft store across from Turkoise Reception, and a larger one right next door to the Scuba Shack.
7. Explore other attractions on Providenciales and the other Turks and Caicos Islands (if you can pull yourself away from the fun at Turkoise). “Big Blue” Expeditions has an office across from Turkoise Reception, so arrangements are easily made.
8. Attempt to resolve any problems you encounter like a professional. A positive attitude goes a long way to fix things. Understand that your enjoyment and safety is important to everyone, and they want to resolve concerns. In the Islands, things take a bit longer than at home.
9. Show respect to your fellow guests (G.M.’s). Everyone together wearing only bathing suits (during the day) is “The Great Equalizer” at Turkoise. Be nice. Do not be surprised if another guest is richer, better educated, smarter, more traveled, more famous (or infamous), etc., than you are. Guests come to Turkoise from ALL “walks of life”, most to escape the pressures of their complex lives.
10. Wear plenty of high SPF sunscreen. If bugs love you, bring insect repellent. Don’t spoil your entire vacation by getting burned the first day. Give any leftovers to the Sailing Team! Turkoise is in the tropics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and TravelUp so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales