“Great scuba experience”

Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive With the Oldest and Most Respected Dive Operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands....... Established in 1970, Provo Turtle Divers, Ltd. Is the oldest and most experienced dive operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands. For over 44 years we have explored the reefs and walls of these islands, discovering new dive sites and uncovering some of the most unusual underwater spectacles accessible to divers in the Turks & Caicos. We believe in small group diving with concierge level service - no "cattle boat" diving with us!
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great scuba experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I did a 2 tank dive with turtle divers and it was great. I am not a certified diver but my husband is and the staff was very accommodating about letting him go on one of the dives with me so that we could be together. My instructor, Gary, was awesome. He was very helpful and made sure that I was comfortable throughout the entire day. He was very friendly and fun to dive with. We saw a shark, turtles, and many fish on our dive. The dive master, Steve, and the boat captain, Artie, were also great. Everyone was fun to talk to and very helpful and knowledgeable. I highly recommend diving with Turtle Divers!

Visited May 2014

North dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thanks Steven and all the team Provo Turtle Divers!!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had an awesome time with PTD! I was completing my open water referral dives.
Everything was very organized from the start to the end of the day. My dive instructor was Steven, can't say enough good things about him. He was very thorough in his examination, but also explained the exercise required prior to entering the water, with also doing an example once in the water. I felt very comfortable in the water for the first time in the big blue ocean. We saw lots of sea life. Every dive we encountered Reef sharks, along with turtles on 3 of the 4 dives. The colors were out of this world, along with the visibility, which I would estimate at 60-80 feet! We dove at West Caicos, 1/2 mile and magic mushroom. Next day we dove northwest point at the ampitheatre and the Tiki Hut Wall. I believe all the dives were considered wall dive! I'll be back!!!

Thanks Lucas

Visited May 2014
London, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Should have booked with PTD right from the beginning”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

So even though a good friend of ours recommended PTD we settled on booking with Big Blue much to our disappointment. But you can read that review on their listing.

We did an additional fourth day of diving at the last moment the day before we flew back home, with PTD. We were optimistic that our experience would be favourable. And we were right.

Everything from getting our rental gear to the thorough boat brief to the dive site briefs were simple, clear and efficient. The boat is VERY well maintained and Art is a great captain. Also it was lovely to have their old little jack Russell dog on the boat with us.

We were taken to both the Amphitheater and The Crack. BOTH sites were lovely and there was much to see. But what made these two dives wonderful was our dive master and guide Bill Wallwork. Bill is great and so relaxed under water. He showed us some tiny creatures that normally we would have missed. He was very attentive and super kind. And probably my favourite thing about Bill? He doesn't have any ego. That was super refreshing bc I've been around lots of dive masters that only want to talk about themselves. All the crew we met at PTD showed no egos.

If you visit Provo book with PTD. They are kind and their level of customer service is well above par. We will certainly dive with PTD again on our next Turks trip.

Thank you PTD team for giving us a positive experience with at least one dive operator on the island. Hope your doggie will still be around the next time we visit!!

Chicago
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Cliff Dive was awesome”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The dive team was knowledgeable and friendly and took our family on 4 terrific dives + a pool course and certification for our youngest. Steve was a great teacher and the other dive masters helped the group have a great experience. The cliff dive was the highlight.

Visited April 2014
Weaverville, North Carolina
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Excellent Staff and good diving”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have over 1,300 dives and am a Dive Master, so I have experience with dive operations. Provo Turtle Divers run an excellent operation. Their boat is spacious and never carries more than 14 divers (it is CG rated for twice that). All required safety equipment is on board. The crew is excellent and takes good care of everyone. They are polite and professional. I did 8 dives with them. All of the sites were great and we encountered reef sharks on 7 of the 8 dives. They are very safety oriented. Dives ranged from about 80 to 90 feet on the first dive and around 60 feet on the second. They provide plenty of snacks during the surface interval and cold water is available throughout the trip. I would be more than happy to dive with them again.

Visited April 2014