My husband and I travelled to Ocean Club in early December with our seven-month-old son. I'm not sure we could have picked a better resort.
We wanted a quiet place where we could keep our son's nap schedule intact without creeping around him in a hotel room while he slept, so we picked a one bedroom suite. It was huge, quiet and so comfortable that we almost didn't mind spending his nap times there instead of the beach. The suite had a washer and dryer, so we were also able to continue to use his cloth diapers while we were there.
The resort was very kid-friendly and provided, on request before our arrival, a crib (a bit small and rickety, but usable), a baby monitor (if you want to be able to carry it around, bring AA batteries and a set of small screwdrivers -- the batteries in ours were dead and we couldn't replace them), and an umbrella stroller which came in handy for shuttling the baby back and forth from the beach.
The beach was absolutely gorgeous, but the water was too rough to take the baby in. Several people told us that this was very unusual; apparently the water's usually quite calm? Too bad for us!
The resort's located almost at the end of the strip of hotels along Grace Bay Beach, so it's fairly quiet and not in the centre of whatever action there is in Provo, which was perfect for us. It did make getting groceries a bit of a chore, but if you don't have a car then the free bikes available at the front desk are the best bet. The shuttle to Ocean Club West, which is a few minutes' walk to the grocery store, isn't exactly waiting for you at the front door (they have to locate the driver, which can take fifteen or twenty minutes on each end).
All in all, we loved our stay at Ocean Club. We hope to go back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales