All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayaction jacksongrocery storejunior suitescreened in porchisland viewbeautiful beachwasher and dryerthird floorsister propertyplenty of beach chairsgraceway gourmet
Reviewed December 12, 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 6 days in December. The condo we rented was great - spacious, well furnished, clean. Great view of the pool and some ocean.

You can't beat the beach; the pools are very nice and the grounds are immaculate. There are two restaurants and a convenience store on site and that's very convenient.

Shuttles run all the time and most of the staff is very friendly.

I would have given a five star rating except the gym is completely closed for renovations. That was one of the appeals when we booked.

Room Tip: Club Med is going through renovations, construction starts early in the morning. Choose a room on the east side if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the room, pools, beach and grounds. I am sorry the gym was being renovated during your stay. We hope you were made aware that Ocean Club West gym was available.
We hope you will consider a return stay.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

The island was still recovering from the hurricanes, but almost everything was back to normal here. The staff was great. Our room was very nice and the housekeeping staff was awesome. We had a problem with off-color hot water in one of the two bathrooms, but wrote that off to the hurricanes. Fortunately we had a room with two bathrooms and the second bathroom didn't have the problem. It's a great location with one caveat. It's right next to Club Med. Club Med was still shutdown for hurricane repairs while we were there, but we have heard that the parties (and noise) there go until 4am.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D T
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Thank you for the review, and letting fellow Tripadvisor travelers know the resort is back to normal! We appreciate your business and spreading the word!
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed, and found the staff to be great!
I am pleased to advise we get very few complaints from Club Med, which is situated on a vast property. There is a bit of a buffer, and any noise often carries in the other direction and out.
Please in the future do not hesitate to have maintenance check the water, which I understand was in the second bath. We are looking into it now.
Hope we you will consider staying at Ocean Club in the future. It was our pleasure having you!

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I just wanted to tell everyone this place is back and better than ever. The had just opened back up for business and I was a little afraid but I was Wowed, not only by all the workers and people they were employing but also by the beautiful room, comfort level and cleanliness. We giggled on how the coconut trees are the strongest trees out there. They looked beautiful and the grounds looked so gorgeous. They really worked hard to get it up and running beautifully. It was, by far, our best mini vacation in a decade. We are from Florida and wanted to help out the economy since I've always wanted to visit but then the island got hit. It was nice to be able to drive a car but they still are in need of lots of help. The Grace Bay area is all fixed up and ready for visitors and looking and smelling "fresh". You won't be disappointed. A shout out to Action, Jackson (smiley), John Wayne at the Cabana Bar and the owner of the restaurant Simone. They were all very welcoming and the food at the bar and drinks and dessert (sorry, we didn't eat) at Opus was both romantic and festive. Go!

Room Tip: We loved the ocean view rooms. Worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Naturefreak
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Thank you for coming and spreading the word, that we are back open and better than ever! We are thrilled to hear you were Wowed! On behalf of all of us, a big thank you!

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Having been to this restaurant before my expectations were great....the weather was fine, warm but nice to meet friends of my sons....after chatting for sometime I could notice that the staff really wanted us to order....which we did starting with a starter which I did not have....the food that came was severed very halfhearted ....then the main orders arrived while still trying to finish starters.....anyway every main coarse was different.....mine was to be pasta....yet it arrived looking very much like it had been served before......it was the worst thing.....infact the following morning I was so sick spending much of the day in bed from food posioning ......

Room Tip: Ensure your food is freshly made...
Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kloffusjohn
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

I am sorry to hear this. I have reached out to the tripadvisor member and have not yet heard back.
The restaurant did not receive a complaint, nor the front desk. This is certainly not the standard of Cabana Bar & Grill.
The review does not mention Ocean Club. I would like to confirm your experience was in fact at our restaurant, and get more details in order to address. Hope to hear from you.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Room was ok bed was good, needed a stove good location for room. We had a nice private outside deck with screening, also was close to office and had a nice location for cooking outside on the shared grills.

Room Tip: get a one bedroom or 2 bedroom any area is good
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wanda612
OCResortsonGraceBay, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the private deck, location and the poolside grills. It sounds like you booked our Studio Deluxe with kitchenette. All larger room categories have a full kitchen with stove. We hope you will return for another visit!