“Very quiet, at the far end of Grace Bay Beach”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Rye, New Hampshire
“Very quiet, at the far end of Grace Bay Beach”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here twice. A great resort for the price. I really liked having a kitchen and laundry in the room. I also preferred being on the ground level facing the pools, just easier to get outside versus when we stayed on an upper level. The Ocean Club West is perhaps a little bigger and closer to shopping. But, I preferred the quiet end of the beach location of this Ocean Club and also the retaurant here has an amazing view right on the beach. When we were there Ocean Club West did not have the same beach views at their outdoor restaurant. Since we sat at this restaurant every day, that meant a lot to us. I recommend you rent a car for one or two days to get your groceries and sight see a little. Otherwise you do not need to leave this resort. Also, we did not have a bad meal anywhere n this island.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MoxieStuart
OceanClubResorts, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to have the opportunity to have you return soon!

Warmest,
OCR Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2014

One of the gems in Provenciales is Ocean Club Resort. The units are individually owned and the property is expertly maintained by a great staff. With one tour of the property, you can tell the units are well cared for and have all the needed ammenities. My wife and I also had the opportunity to visit Club Med next door and it was dated and over-rated.

Viva la difference! For our money, we vote for Ocean Club, even over Ocean Club West. The mood was much more leasurely and comfortable. Food at both Ocean Clubs was wonderful and reasonable. Whether it's a couples getaway or families with children, Ocean Club will not disappoint you.

4 Thank TheKrajnyks
Dear Guest,

Warmest,
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed to the ocean club resorts last week with a good friend its not our first time to the islands but our first time to Ocean Club East the place is beautiful the beach is wonderful and the hotel grounds is so pretty and our room was amazing the front desk staff always greets you with a smile, there was this girl at the front desk laprina she was so helpful to us with dinner reservations and all of our other bookings she was great the resort has two restaurants opus and cabana bar the food at both restaurants was great. I loved my stay in (PARADISE) I will be back very soon so amazing!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Monica H,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We are delighted to hear! The review has been shared with our team, and nothing makes us happier to hear than job well done. We look forward to having you back in Paradise soon!

Warmest Regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ocean Club Resort and Providenciales are AMAZING! My wife and I just got back from a Friday to Monday stay for our anniversary. Both of us have traveled around the world from the US to Greenland to Antarctica, Thailand to Egypt and the Turks and Caicos are amazing!! This is a must see location in the world!

Overall--This is the place to stay. Large beautiful suite--5204 with everything you need to cook in a full kitchen--fantastic view of the water from the screened in patio, beautiful beach, great swimming and Cabana grill on the beach was very good! Our check in was smooth and the suite was huge/clean and perfect! Housekeeping is friendly and very good!

Staff--Ervin, Ian and Clifton (shuttle driver) were amazing, helpful and ALWAYS smiling! They are the real jewel of this property!! I feel people can be too critical at times when rating staff. I think reviewing anyone in the internet age means we should first understand that anyone working at a property is just like us-they have good days and bad. If their name isnt mentioned maybe it wasn't their day but others shined EVERY DAY and thats impressive!!

Free rental bicycles and shuttle to Ocean's Club West make this THE hotel to stay at as you can get anywhere most people want to go. I will agree with a recent reviewer that being a NON-Smoker it is always annoying when people are lighting up near you. But, outside the US it appears that is common so while I wish they had non-smoking areas it wasn't any different at other hotels.

Bottom line--if we went back we would return and ask for the same suite--we don't always feel that way!

2 Thank MaxDugan
Dear Max Dugan,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Anniversary stay! A review from a world traveler speaks volumes. Thank you for pointing out the members of our team that most impressed as it will put bigger smiles on their faces. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Our Best,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is my second stay at OC - and it was as great as the first time. We checked in early, and our room was ready, which was great. I booked a studio, as we were not planning on spending alot of time in the room. If you have a family, the studio would not work. But for 2 people, it was perfect. I recommend Ocean Club, they are a great place to stay - and right in the middle of it all on some of the best beach in TCI!

Room Tip: Garden view does not always mean garden, if you are big on what you look at.
2 Thank Sarah C
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I decided to head to TCI because it has been my dream since turning 20. 20 years later the waters and beaches called me and my check book could afford to part with money! BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!!

The island is small! But perfect! The crime is low! I walked about 2 miles from the center of town to the hotel in the middle of the night! Never felt unsafe!

I'm a people person but I love privacy when vacationing. The ocean club was the absolute perfect spot! It's virtually the last resort at the end of the beach before private residences. It's set back off the road so you hardly know there are people outside of the resort! The property is wide and the beach is spread out! I never fought for a spot and there was alway a chair! The water is amazing!! The most breath taking thing I've ever seen! The beach is white and clean the property is lovely! The one comment I heard around town is the resort is older but honestly you can't really tell! It's the price it is because it's older but classy!! Clean, perfectly manicured, and the staff of wonderful! The beach is literally steps away from the condos. Even the furthest building isn't that far! The place sits back off the street which makes it so close! The cafe bar on site was probably some of the best food I had and the room was lovely! Huge in fact!! More space then needed!

I visited ocean club west and it was fine but close to road and didn't have that far away feel that I like on vacation! I felt on top of everyone else and I didn't like that! I would stay there but love he original the best!

You won't be disappointed and those ya rate this place poorly are just not right!! Regardless of your view whether it's the parking lot or the pool... The beach is literally steps away! I plan on buying a place here soon!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear NEpony,

Thank you for the excellent review! We could not be more thrilled to hear you loved Ocean Club and plan to buy. Look forward to your return!

Our best,
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife had been looking to go to Turks & Caicos for some time. We got a great deal on airfare and wanted to find a strong value on a resort as well. Based on TripAdvisor reviews and the rate, she chose this property. It's older than their Ocean Club West property, but the upkeep is phenomenal and there is an awesome free shuttle that runs between the two properties that is literally on call if you need it until 10:45pm. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Made getting around so much easier since OCW is closer to restaurants/shopping (plus you could just hang at OCW too if you wanted). That said, OCR's location was great, nice and quiet.

What really made the resort was the staff which could not have been more friendly and helpful. The front desk was amazing, quickly and cheerfully addressing literally anything you needed. We chatted with one member of the front desk, Ian, for quite some time -- he gave us a lot of info about the island -- and then a couple days later we saw him out at a local pub and he was just as happy to talk to us and hang out. We even sang some karaoke together. Good stuff!

Housekeeping was just as good. Anytime we put the sign out of our room that it needed cleaning, even if it was just for a pop down to the beach, it was finished by the time we got back. And even the housekeeping was surprisingly chatty, telling us about spots to check out in Turks & Caicos.

What more can I say? There was an on-site store that had better prices on local beers than the grocery store! The tennis court was in excellent condition and their free equipment did the trick. The oceanside restaurant (though not the best on the island) served up solid food with a smile (and they even fixed my order after I SCREWED IT UP). The free bikes they loaned us made for a quick trip to the conch farm.

Overall, a tremendous value and a great way to both relax and see Turks & Caicos. We're hoping to go back and, hopefully, see the same staff!

Room Tip: If you can, definitely go for the 3rd floor. The vaulted ceilings make the space feel so much bigge...
1 Thank Mike P
Dear Mike P,

Thank you for the excellent review and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We very much look forward to having you return!

Our Best,