All reviews cabana bar free shuttle full kitchen opus restaurant oc west grace bay action jackson grocery store junior suite screened in porch beautiful beach washer and dryer third floor sister property plenty of beach chairs garden view graceway gourmet
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Okay… Jet Blue had a fare sale and Turks and Caicos was a place I have wanted to visit since I saw my first Club Med book when I was in high school.. We didn't choose Club Med we chose The Ocean Club…. Set on Grace Bay and an absolutely stunning beach what more could you want?!? Well first off this really isn't a resort… They are condos that people actually own for the most part. So it was kinda a completely different vibe…. When I booked they didn't offer ocean view rooms my choices were resort view or island view.. I opted for the island view… Well that was a parking lot view. It was cool, we could live with that we were only one unit away from the ocean. We had a very small screed in porch that we never used, i guess if we were looking at the ocean it might have been used but the parking lot was just not inviting… Our room was cleaned daily and we had everything we needed never having to ask for anything… Each morning we would use the resorts bicycles to explore the island… They weren't the best bikes kinda old n rusting but they did the job… The restaurant/beach bar spot had great food and great service specials each night.. This island is very laid back so it was an adjustment for us.. Plus everything on the island is crazy expensive…I am glad we chose to stay at the Ocean Club at Turks but i can't say we would ever go back…

Room tip: Resort overall is quiet.. Resort view wasn't great perhaps garden view is better?
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank genntonik
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Sitting in my screened porch on the ground floor of the Sea Fan Building enjoying a coffee before hitting the beach. Super clean rooms, grounds well tended, fantastic food, amazing beach. Great place to stay

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank emptynesteralmost
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked the Ocean Club only a week before leaving for vacation and chose it based on price and guest reviews. It turned out to be the perfect choice for me and my friend! It is a laid back resort with a seaside cafe that serves great food at what are reasonable prices (for Grace Beach anyway). The beach is flawless and there was never a problem with finding an open chair and umbrella. I walked up and down the beach which only cemented my opnion that I picked the right place. It's near the east end of the beach with only two buildings past it and then beautiful undeveloped beach. Ocean Club Resort is not close to a shopping/restaurant area but there is a free shuttle from it to the Ocean Club West that runs all day whenever you need it. We never waited more than 5 minutes. Very convenient!

We had a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen and it was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Two TVs with cable and Miami stations, as well as excellent wi-fi connection. I loved the peace and quiet and left TCI very relaxed and rested. If you are looking for high luxury and over-the-top service, this is not the hotel for you. However, if you are looking for a place that feels like your own beach condo but any service you want when you want/need it, I recommend you give the Ocean Club a try.

Room tip: If you don't want to splurge on an oceanfront room (I didn't), at least get a garden/pool view room. The porches are great places to have breakfast in the morning while looking at the greenery and water.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank KerriB827
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 4 days, went fishing, not very good this time, but on previous trips it has been! The seafood was great at the restaurants we ate at, although cant remember the names now. Shopping is ok, you can walk to a lot of the stores!
All in all, a great travel spot!

Date of stay: November 2012
4  Thank Jean W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had trouble making up our minds on where to go for vacation this year. We've been to several islands but this was our first trip to Turks and Caicos. I know others have said this before & we'll say it too - it will NOT be our last. It was wonderful from beginning to end. I loved that fact that the island itself (Providenciales) was not severely built up & commericalized like many other islands have become. We wanted a quiet, peaceful vacation & that's what we got.
We went from 7/31/13 to 8/07/13 and had the most perfect weather with a light trade winds breeze everyday.
Ocean Club was the best choice for us for many factors. We usually stay at all inclusive resorts but for the amount of money you pay for the amount of food & drink you can consume it can be outrageous although convenient. So we tried the condo route this time. It was perfect. The condo had everything we could have needed or ever wanted, just like home. Although we didn't have a need to use the dishwasher or washer / dryer, had we stayed longer it would have come in handy.
Our condo overlooked the freeform pool & we still never heard much noise from that area. It was a short walk to the other pool & huge beach. Miles & miles of the most perfect beach - Grace Beach!! We always found lounge chairs / umbrellas every day without scoping one out at the crack of dawn. The resort & grounds was well kept & the staff was always friendly.
We ate breakfast & lunch every day at the condo in the screened porch. We were able to purchase all our needs at Graceway the local grocery store. Ate all our dinners out. We ate at the Cabana Bar & Grill a few times, Opus twice, Sunset Grill (at the sister resort) & Caicos Cafe. They each had great menus with plenty to choose from. The service was a little slow at each BUT get over it, you're on island time. Relax!
If you choose to rent a hobie cat, SUP or sea kayak it's located right there on the beach.
The resorts shuttle was a plus which was at your disposal to bring you back & forth to the sister resort Ocean West.
I could go on & on about how much we loved the place but if you have any specific questions you can always ask me.
Again, if you're looking for a low key, peaceful, relaxing vacation you're crazy if you don't stay here!

Date of stay: August 2013