All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayaction jacksongrocery storejunior suitescreened in porchisland viewbeautiful beachwasher and dryerthird floorsister propertyplenty of beach chairsgraceway gourmet
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Well folks this was our Summer trip to the Ocean Club TCI and it was great. The resort was picture perfect ,no lies it is just as it is seen on the Ocean Club web site. Once you arrive there you are treated as family. You will talk to all the staff, guests and owners. The beach is to die for! There is only one Grace Bay Beach in the world and in our opionion the Ocean Club is the only place to stay

Room Tip: try for a Ocean View 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ggjuiceman
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Incredible value on a beautiful island. Phenomenal friendly staff that greeted us with a smile everyday. Would also recommend a perfect family destination as there are lots of kids and a calm ocean. Also, was able to get a good deal via travel offers at: http://corporateshopping.com and http://retailcodes.com Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank clint j
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This small, unpretentious resort has the friendliest/helpful staff, beautiful grounds, lovely pools and the best beachfront on Grace Bay. There are two new hotels next door and then the beachfront is deserted. I loved walking along the beach to the Leeward side of the island. The water is spectacular and the shelling is better than I remembered.(my 5th time to Turks and Caicos Islands) My daughter and I were going to take a snorkeling trip, but ended up renting snorkels at the Ocean Club ($5 per day) and found conch shell "cemeteries" w/ purple, green and yellow sea anemones, sea urchins and a plethora of colorful fish right off the deserted beach by Ocean Club!
The owner of the 1BR oceanview (4201) needs to update their 80's decor. Plastic on the outdoor patio chairs is not comfy one's bottom!
Otherwise, Ocean Club management staff, food, etc. get a 5+ rating from me!

Room Tip: Every vacationer I came in contact with at the Ocean Club were very pleased with their rooms and commented on the great staff. Staff went above and beyond helping me with my transportation situation. Do NOT use TCI Escapes for transportation purposes. we paid thru Delta Vacations and TCI did not show up to pick us up, nor after numerous phone calls, did they reimburse me for the taxi we had to use. I thank the staff at Ocean Club for going out of their way to help us with this situation. Bring cash $$$ to the island. Many business will charge 5% upcharge on credit card sales, plus many credit card companies charge a % as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cmck
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Compared to some of the distances we've traveled to escape, this was one of the easiest little getaways to get to from the states. Upon arrival, we had a speedy check-in and were shown to our modest, but comfortable room. We booked a studio a bit last minute, and figured we'd spend the majority of the time outside the room itself.

Many of the units are owned and rented out, so they may vary in terms of quality of the amenities and updates. Our room was not modern, but it was clean. We stayed in a garden view room in building E. our balcony was completely screened in, which was great, but our morning view with our coffee tended to be of staff arriving or taking out garbage. Next time we'll spring for an ocean view, if we manage to book further in advance.

The grounds were very clean and well kept. There were two pools, one of which had to be serviced while we were there, but it was completely full by the next day. There were pool -side grills and eat-in kitchenettes, which we used for one meal. We took the complimentary shuttle to Ocean Club West to grocery shop at the Safeway. Of course things were more expensive than on mainland, but nothing unexpected. Our kitchen had plenty of utensils to cook some basic meals.

Food at the beachside grill was casual and a little better than average. The mango margarita was delicious (not too sweet). The on-site restaurant, Opus, has a simple and expected up-scale menu. Their wine list was impressive for its size. We returned a second night for a glass of wine and dessert at the bar. Classy, but Relaxing atmosphere.

Overall, The service was polite but not overly friendly. We appreciated the privacy and prompt attention.

The beach was lovely, the water calm, and there was never a wait for seats or umbrellas. It's a great beach for children, and many families brought theirs, but there was very little noise. Non-motorized water gear was available through the resort, and we booked a snorkeling excursion with Provo Turtle Divers to check out some of the reefs and Iguana Island. Unfortunately, our boat ride never showed up. We waited at the appointed spot on the beach for over an hour. Ultimately, The crew from Beaches tried to contact the appointed boat for us, but were unable to make contact. We don't know what happened. At least we weren't charged for the excursion.

We plan to return to Provo with our young daughter in the fall and have even begun looking into the real estate available for purchase. The beach is lovely, the accommodations were clean but certainly not luxurious. Good value, great location.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms had high vaulted ceilings, making even a studio seem roomier.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CelinaDM
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear CelinaDM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted you plan to return with your daughter!

I am glad you shared the ease of travel to Providenciales, only a short flight from the states, even Canada, with many direct & non-stop flights. Most guests are pleasantly surprised some beach time can be enjoyed the day of travel.

Most hotels on Grace Bay Beach are condominium style, including Ocean Club Resorts that has the most established Management Company in Turks & Caicos. Each suite, for the most part, is decorated slightly different and has to meet our OCR standard. There are several options for suite types and views that can be reserved including Island, Garden/Pool, Ocean and Beachfront. We can certainly note any request one may have such as floor, or anything specific.

I am sorry and concerned to hear about the excursion company not showing, and am happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to email or call me as I will need to get a few more details.

I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back, with daughter. I am happy to discuss the many amenities we have for children.

My Best,
Julia Maximo
Julia@oceanclubresorts.com
800 457 8787

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Club East for my wife's 40th birthday June 8 - 15 2013. We had the junior suite ocean view room D4202. No compaints, nice ocean view along with views of the small pool, grounds and Cabana Grill. What else do you really need but a comfortable bed, large room, ocean view and a beautiful beach. Nothing really to complain about, all was good. Would definitely recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to come back. Other reviewers mention that it is at the end of the beach and far from everything, remeber though that far is only 1 mile, so not really that far.

We had an SUV for the week and this is the way to go. Freedom to explore without the worries of high cab prices. We ventured to every point, secluded beach, and beach bar and restaurant we could fit in. Saw the whole island, even took the 7 mile unpaced road to Pirates Cove. Beautiful spot to see but lots of mosquitos (we left the bug spray in the room...duh).

Recommended spots to see and travel too, remeber everything is pretty much within 15 minutes of Ocean Club, the island is small. Da Conch Shack and Bugaloos were by far the chillest and best places to go to. Meals and drinks right on the beach. Pirates cove, Sappodilla Bay, Taylor Bay for out of the way beaches. The HOLE is a 5 minute drive and worth a stop, hang out, smoke a cigarette, snap a few pics and then your off.

I've travelled the Caribbean a little (9 islands all together). And I've been trying to find an old school, Caribbean island like they used to be, and I found it in Turks and Caicos. If you're looking for touristy things and mega nightlife, go elsewhere, this place was 'da bomb for what Ihave been seeking out.

Ocean club is also good because it is less expensive than the other places and also way less pretentious. Our last night we went to Hemmingway's and snooooze, almost left because of the atmosphere but we were there and the view was pretty. Like the local joints better. Also, Somewhere's was nice on Grace Bay at the Coral Gardens. The Cabana Grill at Ocean Club is actually a really nice beach bar and restaurant and only steps away.

Go to Turks and Caicos.

Room Tip: If you selected and ocean view confirm prior to your stay to make sure you get one. Building A,B,C,D aks 1,2,3,4 are your best bets. Anything further than that the ocean view would be a stretch.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple