Our first trip to Provo and Ocean Club looked like a good balance between price and value. The resort, the units and the staff are very nice, like the other reviews say, no complaints there. My only gripe is that we paid extra for an Ocean View room and certainly did not get it in 6201. A view of gardens on one side and the service road next to the public beach access road on the other, were the views. See the attached pictures. I inquired and was told all rooms in building 6 were Ocean View. They are not. I saw an ad for the unit next to ours, 6202, and even the real estate ad said it was a pool view. Really only building 1 and 2 have ocean views, the rest of the buildings are really mit and miss for the views, no matter what category the front desk has them in. When booking, skip all even numbered buildings to avoid the two roads..
There was wifi in our condo. Somehow they bought routers that are also on island time. "Dat page soon load mon..."
My only other warning is the new Value Added Tax. Despite the tax free claims you can read about in the tourism literature, in an effort to squelch tourism just a bit, the island has a new 10% VAT attached to almost everything. Everything is expensive, as most tropical paradises are, now just 10% more expensive.
Don't get me wrong, by and large the trip was great and the diving even better :) Ocean Club just needs to call a spade a spade and not mislead guests about room categories. With so many places on Grace Bay, I'd probably reccommend another resort, but have no qualms saying Ocena Club is just fine. Bon Voyage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales