All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayaction jacksongrocery storejunior suitescreened in porchisland viewbeautiful beachwasher and dryerthird floorsister propertyplenty of beach chairsgraceway gourmet
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We're so glad we picked the Ocean Club because it met all of our needs and then some.
The grounds are beautiful, and our Jr. Suite was perfect for the four of us. It was clean, the staff (by and large) were friendly, and the suite was the most well-equipped I have ever seen. (A blender? Got that. A sturdy, sharp knife? Yup. You get the idea.)
In my opinion, this resort is located on the most beautful stretch of Grace Bay, and Ocean Club is one of the last couple of resorts at the end of the beach. The beach is yours to enjoy and luxuriate in, as there never seemed to be more than 15 or so people on the beach at one time. Crystal clear water and soft, white sand. Plenty of lounge chairs, and the staff even sets out a large jug of ice water and cups.
We are a family of four, including two teenagers, and everyone loved this place. It's not much for night life, but neither is the rest of the island. That's OK with us - it's not what we came to Provo for. We rented a car for a couple of days to hit snorkeling spots, but the rest of the week we got by fine with the shuttle to Ocean Club West, which is central to stores and restaurants.
We found Ocean Club to be an outstanding and unforgettable place to stay. I can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The resort has a good pool. They offer tennis and had a nice little welcome type party the day after we got there. Tour picked us up from the beach. The resort had a gym, extremely basic and a spa which I did not use. I would have liked maybe a playground or something for my kids to do since the island is VERY relaxed. Having the kitchenette was GOOD because food here is extremely pricey. Beautiful beaches!!!!! We went to some other resorts to eat and saw a difference in where we stayed. Extremely clean and room cleaning is AWESOME!

2  Thank JUANITA D
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ocean Club was amazing. The bartender at the Ocean Cafe, Olive at the day spa and all of the front desk staff were wonderful. The beach is beautiful with crystal clear water and warm ocean temps. The rooms were lovely even with an island view. I would suggest going to the small general store for sodas, waters etc as opposed to buying them at the cafe. They are MUCH cheaper there and it is a 2 minute walk to the store. The shuttle will take you to Ocean Club West where you can walk a short distance to the Salt Mills or into town for the day. Provo is defintely the spot to go if you are looking for a vacation to do nothing but sit on the beach, eat and drink. They have some boat and island tours but other than that all you can do is relax. Hemmingways on the beach is great for breakfast but is quite a distance from the hotel. Overall wonderful trip for some R&R!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are worth the extra $$$ if you need the view. Otherwise all the rooms are the same minus the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MariaP123
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I read tons of reviews and I have to say I agree with all the great reviews! We just got back today from a 6 day stay... It was amazing, it's definitely a do nothing but relax resort. We had a studio suite with two double beds - we were a party of five (one infant) very comfortable accommodations. Room was equipped with everything you need during your stay.
The beaches are glorious !!! My husband and I aren't too keen on beaches but this one totally different crystal clear water..white sand.. Plenty of seating I can't say enough. My kids made friends there too ! They played with two boys around their same age and had tons of fun.... This is definitely a kid friendly hotel...we loved it and Highly recommend it.
As for food - we ate twice on the cabana bar - food was delicious and fresh.. Service was great.. But because we are a bigger family we decided to eat in most of our stay... So if you are coming from the states and are a bargain shopper like myself, bring in dry foods from home.. Food at the market is expensive, as expected.. Plan your meals so you don't have to go back too many times.. There are grills for your use so keep that in mind.
What I would like to advise folks yes take repellent but that is for any country.... It's part of nature..
I wish I had a room on the first floor it's easier when you are traveling with infants because I got a room on the third floor so going up and down the stairs was a little hard bit not impossible. So if you are a stickler about location be specific - don't get me wrong I was happy with our room, but would have been estatic with a room first floor with access to the pool..
Also forgot to mention to the folks at the front desk perhaps they should have the cleaning crew clean the pool a little bit more often, the winds kick up tree debris and it falls in the pools.
We will definitely plan on returning!

Room Tip: Be specific on location and what your preferences are
4  Thank Acer898
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just returned from Ocean Club a couple days ago and had to share my experience. The place is very clean and the weather perfect. We had a jr suite and absolutely loved it. This provide says it provides all the comforts of home and they definitely mean it. They left plenty of stock for all your needs in the room. What I could not believe was we left a couple of glasses out and housekeeping staff cleaned them and put them away. Also the dishes that we washed they had put them all away. The staff was very helpful. The bellman, Action Jackson, was the happiest guy I have every encountered. The place is very relaxing. Not overly busy and we loved it. Can't wait to go back and will definitely recommend this resort as a must stay when visiting the island.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple