All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayaction jacksongrocery storejunior suitescreened in porchisland viewbeautiful beachwasher and dryerthird floorsister propertyplenty of beach chairsgraceway gourmet
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The resort has a good pool. They offer tennis and had a nice little welcome type party the day after we got there. Tour picked us up from the beach. The resort had a gym, extremely basic and a spa which I did not use. I would have liked maybe a playground or something for my kids to do since the island is VERY relaxed. Having the kitchenette was GOOD because food here is extremely pricey. Beautiful beaches!!!!! We went to some other resorts to eat and saw a difference in where we stayed. Extremely clean and room cleaning is AWESOME!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JUANITA D
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ocean Club was amazing. The bartender at the Ocean Cafe, Olive at the day spa and all of the front desk staff were wonderful. The beach is beautiful with crystal clear water and warm ocean temps. The rooms were lovely even with an island view. I would suggest going to the small general store for sodas, waters etc as opposed to buying them at the cafe. They are MUCH cheaper there and it is a 2 minute walk to the store. The shuttle will take you to Ocean Club West where you can walk a short distance to the Salt Mills or into town for the day. Provo is defintely the spot to go if you are looking for a vacation to do nothing but sit on the beach, eat and drink. They have some boat and island tours but other than that all you can do is relax. Hemmingways on the beach is great for breakfast but is quite a distance from the hotel. Overall wonderful trip for some R&R!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are worth the extra $$$ if you need the view. Otherwise all the rooms are the same minus the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MariaP123
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I read tons of reviews and I have to say I agree with all the great reviews! We just got back today from a 6 day stay... It was amazing, it's definitely a do nothing but relax resort. We had a studio suite with two double beds - we were a party of five (one infant) very comfortable accommodations. Room was equipped with everything you need during your stay.
The beaches are glorious !!! My husband and I aren't too keen on beaches but this one totally different crystal clear water..white sand.. Plenty of seating I can't say enough. My kids made friends there too ! They played with two boys around their same age and had tons of fun.... This is definitely a kid friendly hotel...we loved it and Highly recommend it.
As for food - we ate twice on the cabana bar - food was delicious and fresh.. Service was great.. But because we are a bigger family we decided to eat in most of our stay... So if you are coming from the states and are a bargain shopper like myself, bring in dry foods from home.. Food at the market is expensive, as expected.. Plan your meals so you don't have to go back too many times.. There are grills for your use so keep that in mind.
What I would like to advise folks yes take repellent but that is for any country.... It's part of nature..
I wish I had a room on the first floor it's easier when you are traveling with infants because I got a room on the third floor so going up and down the stairs was a little hard bit not impossible. So if you are a stickler about location be specific - don't get me wrong I was happy with our room, but would have been estatic with a room first floor with access to the pool..
Also forgot to mention to the folks at the front desk perhaps they should have the cleaning crew clean the pool a little bit more often, the winds kick up tree debris and it falls in the pools.
We will definitely plan on returning!

Room Tip: Be specific on location and what your preferences are
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Acer898
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just returned from Ocean Club a couple days ago and had to share my experience. The place is very clean and the weather perfect. We had a jr suite and absolutely loved it. This provide says it provides all the comforts of home and they definitely mean it. They left plenty of stock for all your needs in the room. What I could not believe was we left a couple of glasses out and housekeeping staff cleaned them and put them away. Also the dishes that we washed they had put them all away. The staff was very helpful. The bellman, Action Jackson, was the happiest guy I have every encountered. The place is very relaxing. Not overly busy and we loved it. Can't wait to go back and will definitely recommend this resort as a must stay when visiting the island.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank menefeemama
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just left yesterday and was extremely pleased with this resort!
At first, we received room 9108 and hated this room two double beds and no pull out sofa like orbitz advertised. We spoke to manager Sonia and she was very very helpful. She gave us room 8102 and it was Wonderful. The resort is super clean. The cabana grill is delicious! Excellent food...and good service. The beach is amazing! Please bring bug repellent spray though ...these bugs are brutal.

We ate at fresh and the patty place as well( food was great And super affordable.

We went to chalk sound (la brissa ) restaurant and it was awesome! View reminded me of Bora bora and up the street is Taylor bay beach with powder white sand AMAZING!
coral gardens beach is super clear and you see many fish ... Snorkeling was great here!

We were 15 of us and each and everyone of us enjoyed it to the fullest. Can't wait to return to this paradise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bmissyou77
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for the great review! The Studio Deluxe has 2 double beds (no additioinal bedding). I went to Orbitz and did not see pull-out sofa indicated and will follow up to make certain all information is correct. Suite#8102 is a Junior Suite with a king bed and pull-out sofa. I am glad you were happy with the suite and enjoyed the food, service and beach.

We are delighted you will be returning! There is nothing we like to hear more.

Our Best,