All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayaction jacksongrocery storejunior suitescreened in porchisland viewbeautiful beachwasher and dryerthird floorsister propertyplenty of beach chairsgraceway gourmet
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We just got back from our trip to the Ocean Club Resort. It was a nice place. It was clean, comfortable, nicer than I expected. I was surprised it wasn't crowded, at all.
We ate at their grill, a few times. It wasn't bad.
The Opus is expensive. It was good, but over priced. A example, I was asked what kind of water I wanted to drink there. I was offered, sparkley or flat. I said the sparkley. It is a bottle of fizzy water, they charged me $8 for it. I had the same bottle of water in Italy for only $2. It is a romantic atmosphere. Party lights, two men who perform and sing.
The restaurants there are not air conditioned. I was surprised. So expect some flying bugs.

Room Tip: We were a ways from the ocean. You might ask to be a little closer.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amynshelby
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just got back from OC MAy 26-june 2 this time around I went with my wife -our 4 month year old baby. It was great as if you are looking for nothing to do and sit in the sun, go to the best beach or just sit by pool side. This resort is for mainly families or couples that's all...if you are coming to party = wrong place to go - this resort is all about R & R i dont think i would go anywhere else... if you can really deal with doing nothing all day everyday... not many changes from the last time i was here but they did add a few things that i would like to share-

1. Grocery Shopping- First time i went there i came back with 10-15 bags of food and drinks from the Graceway IGA/ and that was a painful since it was a nice distance from Gracebay to OC west for shuttle bus back to OC. Walking in HOT sun and carrying bags of groceries not ideal-- but they have helped the guests by adding groceries cart. just a little fold up basket cart you can fit about 150 dollars worth of groceries and walk around with ease. just makes it easy to carry everything back to your room.

2. New shops around the area- if you are looking for more food around the Gracebay they got the patty shop and the Up stairs grill which are very good places to eat and not break the bank. Down the street from the supermarket they have strip malls and bars where most people would enjoy night life.

3. Convenienent store has more to offer this time around. If you need some more food check out the convenienent store they actually might have it and cheaper than the supermarket.

Overall - -i would come again and again...knowing that i'm coming to this hotel resort to DO NOTHING....sit on a chair in the sun.... that's it...the resort is built that way... they even advertise the resort "what to do nothing come to ocean club" - to make this easy if you want to go relax and do nothing come here if you want to go party go elsewhere... done...

Room Tip: Main floors condos have 2 doors - main door and back door which makes it easier to get to the pool or beach instead walking down the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank vacation83
Reviewed June 1, 2012

On the way back to the US after a week on Grand Turk, we stayed over at the Ocean Club Resort. It is a beautiful property located about 15 minutes from the airport. We arrived about 11;30 and the room wasn't ready but would be at 1, or so we were told. So we went to lunch and hung out on the property awaiting our room to change and hit the beach. Well, 1 turned into 2, and finally just before 3 we were able to enter the room. It was fantastically equiped and designed, and was just beautful. The property even has a store on site for anything you might need but didn't bring. I almost didn't want to leave the room it was so spacious, well-equiped and perfect.

I did leave the room to go pick up one of their famous pizzas at the bar...and I must say it was deserving of the reputation. Awesome!

We had an early flight back to the US the following morning, so i inquired as to the best way to get from the resort to the airport so early. I wanted to arrive the airport in PLENTY of time because the lines I saw when stopping there on the way to Grand Turk were incredibly long! The front desk advised me to take the hotel shuttle to the airport departing at 6:30 am, to which I agreed. Well, 6:30 came, 6:45 came, and even for island time, this seemed excessive. So I inquired with the front desk, who made some calls and found out that there had been a funeral scheduled that day for a relative of the driver and the shuttle might not run that day. What? This is not something that was known the night before? After much frustration, the hotel finally called a taxi from the other side of the island to take us to the airport (with no additional charge, of course). So much for the plan to get to the airport early, but the workers at the airport were accomodating, and even with added searches, we still make the flight.

I'm rating the hotel very good simply because I like to emphasize the positives. The property and rooms are incredibly perfect. Problems happen, but I did believe the problems we encountered could have been avoided with just the slightest bit of planning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ioumore
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was our first trip to TCI and we had the pleasure of staying at Ocean Club East Resort. I was pleasantly surprised at how everything turned out, the room was bigger than i expected and it was a beautiful view of the garden and ocean. I really liked the veranda with the screen so that you had the option of leaving your balcony doors open. I also loved that the room had a washer and dryer in it, really helps going home with clean clothes.

We really liked eating at the cabana bar and grill for the food and service that we received. The staff overall were amazing, always polite and fun to be around.

Beach was breath taking, never really crowded and always somewhere to hang out without really bumping into anyone.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mdp266
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon to Providenciales and stayed at Ocean Club East. We had a truly relaxing time staying in a one bedroom apartment with a spectacular view of one of the world's most beautiful beaches...Grace Bay. Right from our arrival the staff was extremely pleasant, including a fun golf cart ride to our room with Andrew Jackson. Since it was low season it was always easy to get an umbrella, loungers and chairs right in the first row on the beach. This property has two pools and typically we used the one at the front since it was perfect for a dip right after the ocean. On the Monday night there was a rum punch party where there were free appetizers and a chance to mingle with other hotel guests if you wanted. We did not participate in any of the water sports, but if you wanted to you could choose to rent a Hobie cat, kayaks or paddle board right from "Abuv-it all". We took our own snorkeling gear and enjoyed snorkeling right off the resort's shore. In fact, on our last morning in Provo we saw three starfishes not too far out and snorkeled all the way down to the end of the beach (more deserted) where there was a fabulous collection of fish.
In order to keep to our budget we made a few trips to Graceway Gourmet (grocery store). The hotel shuttle can drop you off at OC West and it's a 5 minute walk (or bike). We bought things for breakfast and lunch and a bottle of wine (reasonably priced $11). We did not buy any beer as a six pack is $59+. We really enjoyed the Turks Head Lager (local beer) a few of our dinners.
Beaches/Places to check out:
We used the complimentary bikes to go to the HOLE (naturally formed limestone 40 foot hole). It was about a 5 mile round trip bike trip, but the bikes were very basic, so you must be fairly fit as there are a few hill climbs.
We rented a car for one of the days and made our way down to Malcolm's beach, the first landing place of Christopher Columbus. The road is not paved, but it is worth the drive and once you arrive you will feel as if you are the only ones there. So unspoiled! Way down to the left is the exclusive Amanyara Resort. We took our snorkeling gear, but it was very rocky and didn't have rock shoes so didn't want to risk it.
After Malcolm's Beach we headed to the Chalk Sound. We didn't make it down to the sound, but just by driving down and pulling off on the side of the road you could see the sparkling aqua waters. Also stunning some of the mansions along that road!
Also worth venturing to Taylor Bay as you can walk way out into the bay without getting deep very quickly...a unique experience!
Restaurants: We ate at the beach cabana & grill right on the property a few of the nights because our server (Jamana-spelling?) was such a friendly lady and the food was excellent.
Opus: Fine dining at OC east. Probably our most expensive dinners, but definitely worth every penny and an unforgettable dinner, with live band under the stars and trees.
Seaside Cafe: One can take the hotel shuttle (free) to this restaurant at OC West. Also right on the beach with a beautiful view of the setting sun! Also excellent service and I enjoyed a tasty grilled snapper with jasmine rice.
Upstairs: Deliciously grilled vegetable salads and pizzas, reasonably priced (compared to other restaurants on the island) and easy to get to. Just across the road from the OC West, so you can take the shuttle and if you get there at a decent time in the evening some of the shops in the plaza might be open (mostly expensive souvenirs). I bought some postcards, but that was all since everything was so $$$$.
Horse-Eye Jack's: On the day that we rented the car we stopped here for lunch along the beach. Refreshing Caribbean breeze and freshly grilled chicken sandwich. Again beware: rum punch=$15!
What we most liked about OC was that it was not a pretentious resort and we were able to do our own thing without being pestered on the beach by vendors (which can sometimes be the case at some Caribbean islands). We saw a few families with kids and would not recommend it to be a family destination, as it does not really cater to kids. Definitely more for the couple that just wants to relax and get away from it all!

Room Tip: The one bedroom on the third floor (middle) in Dracena has a beautiful view of the beach and the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple