“Good resort nancy fancy for the price -well worth it!”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and 2 kids ages 6 and 2 1/2 were scheduled to stay at Ocean Club resort from Aug 17-23. However, because of Hurrican Irene we stayed an extra 4 days due to cancelled flights, etc.... The resort is good, nothing elegant or fancy but serves its purpose well. Sonia, Angelique and another lady forgot her name? at the front desk did their best and were very helpful. The day after the storm, 24th; Tom who manages the property / owner? helped several of us by driving us to the supermarket for food and necesities. Wonderful man who was truly helpful. The beach- the reason you come here! Voted one of the top ten in the world! Breath taking crystal clear water- amazing. The restaurant-cabana very good with excellent staff. The pool area beautiful. We met other families with children and had a wonderful time. I recommend this place to anyone. My biggest disappointment in Turks was dealing w/ Jet blue how they let my family down. Jet blue representative in PLS horrible! Another story in itself.

Room Tip: Chose the 3rd floor. Rooms appear spacious and more comftable compared with the first floor rooms.
2  Thank nickolasNewYork
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for the positive review. I am glad you found the staff helpful and enjoyed the restaurants, pool and beach. Tom is our Managing Director and was happy to take you and other guests to the grocery..... think we may have this hurricane preperation down:) We look forward to your return stay with us at Ocean Club.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Ocean Club Resort. I went with my sisters and 5 yr. old niece. When you walk in the lobby it does not look all that great. We took advantage of the free internet access. The room we got was beautiful. Very spacious and comfortable. We brought snacks with us and used the small kitchen a lot for breakfast (There's a convenience store across the street where you could buy food as well) . The pools at the resort looked gross and therefore we did not step foot in them but then again why would you if your on a Caribbean island? The beach was very clean and the ocean was crystal clear and warm. What we miss most from the trip is being at the beach. Chairs and umbrellas were provided and moved to wherever you wanted by the helpful staff at the beach. We ate at Cabana Cafe pretty much everyday. Their wraps, pizzas, and entrees are delicious. We were very satisfied with everything there and it was very affordable. Take advantage of the free shuttles to the other resort. It leaves you a short walk from downtown where we did souvenir shopping. The other resort looked a bit more remodeled. Those pools looked nice but we still didn't get in. Everything at the resort starts shutting down by like 8 so plan accordingly. We ended up eating snacks one night for dinner because we were not mindful of that. There's a fine dining restaurant right across the street that is open till 10 with great food but a bit more expensive. We planned an excursion. Definitely suggest to plan one. We did a morning tour with Caicos Dream Tours. We went conch diving, snorkeling, and visited a small island with iguanas. We even saw a baby reef shark! It stayed far away from us though and the captain was keeping a close eye on everything. It was a wonderful experience and we kept our conch shell as a souvenir. Overall very quiet resort. We were very disappointed that there were no activities. I don't think I would go back to this resort but I would try out another one on the same beach.

1  Thank queeny07
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at the Ocean Club on Grace Bay in condo # 3204 on the second floor. We found it to be very roomy with lots of storage and a well stocked kitchen. The down side was keeping the small ants under control, the musty smell & the uncomfortable king bed & wicker furniture. I've come to accept the musty smell after experiencing it at many Island resorts.

We thought the location was good, quiet with a beautiful beach. I found the staff to be reserved and guarded. Once they understood we weren't going to give them a hard time and treated them with respect they warmed up and were kind and helpful.

We were there only a week after hurricane Irene and found the mosquitoes to be very bad. The Opus resturant was closed along with the gym and the OCW.

The food and drinks at the Cabana Bar & Grill were good, drinks very good, service with a smile and friendly. Be sure to try the french fries, yum.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Ocean Club! The pools are great! The staff can't do enough to make visitors happy. The resort is on a beautiful beach. Need I say more? There were several families with small children visiting at the same time. A good time was had by all. The food & drinks at the Cabana Cafe were delicious! We landed the day before Hurricane Irene. It was a beautiful beginning, and then Irene arrived. The staff could not have been more helpful. They provided water, coffee, flashlights, and candles. They offered to move us to a room on a higher floor. They checked on us not only by phone, but in person throughout the night of the storm. Our original plan of staying for 5 days increased to 8 as a result of no returning flights to Newark, NJ. The resort even provided a 25 percent discount for the extra days that we stayed with them. I would definately recommend the Ocean Club Resort.

Room Tip: Loved our studio deluxe on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine B
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you for your outstanding review! We are delighted you enjoyed Ocean Club! We do our very best to keep guests comfortable and safe during a tropical storm or hurricane. Thank you the helpful information provided, kind comments on the staff, and being such a good sport. We hope to have you and your family return, minus Irene. My very best.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Myself, my wife and two children (7&11) all had a very nice time at the resort. The staff was friendly and the place was clean. The unit we stayed in was well appointed with granite counter tops in the full kitchen. The bathroom was nice as well. There was a dishwasher and washer/dryer as well. We had no problems with ants and bugs. The beach was beautiful. We walked to the other resort "West" and found it comparable. Ocean Club has a nice little convenience store that sells everything from eggs and butter to sunblock and alcohol. We also went to the local grocery store, not far from "West" and stocked up on supplies. We cooked steaks on the outdoor grills and met some other guests. We snorkeled at Coral Gardens with gear rented at Ocean Club. Overall a wonderful trip, we will go back.

3  Thank Bengt_Erik

Thank you for the very positive posting. It sounds like you and your family did it right – enjoyed the beach, met other guests, grilled out and snorkeled the offshore reef. I am glad you had a wonderful family vacation and look forward to your return stay!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The reviews were great until we arrived. The hotel obviously is in need of a sprucing up. The rooms are dated. What is worse is that we booked a studio suite and were given a suite full of "sweet ants" as the manager tells us. The next room they gave us was infested with ants climbing on walls. The bathroom was clearly not cleaned because the bathroom walls and floor was full of hair from the prior guests. The mattress and box springs were dusty. The spa is a joke, there isn't one. The health club, however, looked fine. The pools, beach and restaurants and staff were all outstanding, the hotel itself is awful. I wouldn't be surprised if it were to close down. We checked out the next day and salvaged the rest of our time in the beautiful island of Turks.

Room Tip: Room is below average but affordable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Gemini1460

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have personally been in touch with you as I was most concerned about your issues. I appreciate the time you gave and hope you will return, if not to Ocean Club Resorts to another of the wonderful hotels in Turks & Caicos. I do want to take the opportunity to clarify the spa is a “spa room”; however, offers a full range of treatments by one of the very top spas on island, Spa Tropique. We are delighted to have them service both Ocean Club and Ocean Club West. I am glad you enjoyed some aspects of the resort and will work to improve. And again, look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back. My very best.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

the reviews that I found for this hotel were pretty good and when we got here I was quite disappointed in the ammenities and facilities. The beach is absolutely beautiful but the hotel has only 2 restaurants and many of the other restaurants on the Island are a ways away. The Opus is very expensive and not particulary good for young children. The 2nd restaurant which is on the water front is fine but 1 week in a hotel with the same food gets a bit boring. I almost feel like the hotel, is not kid friendly. They have no activities or ammenties for children. My travel agent recommended Beaches....(honestly, I didn't want to take a 2nd mortgage on my house to pay for a vacation). The hotel room we stayed in is very dated and faced the back of the lobbey of the hotel. I would say the best part of the trip was the BEACH......BEAUTIFUL and we meet a few families and had a lovely time with them and their children.

1  Thank moraas

Thank you for posting a review. As you know I was first in touch with your travel agent and then you as I am most concerned when a guest believes we have amenities we don’t. We have 2 restaurants onsite at Ocean Club, the beachfront Cabana Bar & Grille and the fine dining Opus Restaurant (children menus offered). Guests can take the complimentary shuttle to Ocean Club West, where there are about a dozen restaurants (and grocery) within walking distance. We also offer a nightly dining shuttle for a discounted fee. Ocean Club Resorts are intimate resorts and although family friendly, do not offer organized children’s activities. Besides the gigantic sand box of Grace Bay (beach toys available) we offer 3 pools, complimentary bikes (adult-size), complimentary tennis and equipment, babysitting, dvds, games, watersports, and dive shop that can arrange snorkel and a number of other activities. Many guests with children enjoy the poolside grills. I regret we may not have been the right property for you. I am glad you enjoyed the beach and met other families with children – this is the norm. And I am in full agreement the beach is BEAUTIFUL, wide as the eye can see with 500 some-odd shades of blue – breathtaking, spectacular and exhilarating! If you ever change your mind as to what your family wants from a vacation, we would love to have you return. No sesame street here though..lol. My best to you.