“Outstanding training and professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dive Provo

Dive Provo
More attraction details
Owner description: Still relatively undiscovered; with warm weather, clear water, white sand beaches, miles of barely explored reefs, direct flights from many North American cities and easy access from Europe and South America; Providenciales is the perfect choice for a tropical diving vacation. Dive Provo’s experienced, fun professionals show you the best of Turks and Caicos scuba diving.
Derby, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding training and professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

My granddaughter took an intro dive two years ago and could not wait until she turned twelve so she could get certified. (Thx to John for a great intro experience). Problem with training referral documentation (my fault) but they were flexible with reschedule. Great diving equipment and boat. Outstanding shop support and instruction. Small certification class with plenty of personalized attention (Thx to Nevis) with emphasis on safety and understanding procedures. Instructors were great in attending to casual divers who don't dive regularly. Great selection of dive sites. Best dive operation I have experienced. Will definitely return

1 Thank Skip M

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A great dive operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just completed a weeks diving in Provo and these guys do a great job of making your trip enjoyable. There are many shops that will take you out to the closest dive site, haul you back and collect their fee. I was really impressed with their concern for where you have already been and then finding a new site sometimes a considerable distance, to make your experience better. One day, because of their eagerness to provide an excellent experience, we happened to come across a humpback whale that put on a 20 minute "performance".

Visited February 2013
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dream Comes True”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

When I was a little boy I dreamed of scuba diving, last week at age 54 i finally got the chance to do it! My friend Sue asked me to go diving with her, it was her first time too, and I jumped at the chance. It started with 1.5 hrs of pool training with Justin who was fantastic. He was calm and clear with his instructions that left us both with the confidence we needed. We had two dives to 40 ft with Deb in the deepest blue water I have ever seen. It was amazing. On the last dive, two of the four people diving dropped out ( one man was dealing with his fear of water, made it through training but backed out of the dive and his girlfriend who got sea sick after the first dive) that left Deb for Sue and I . Our instructor Deb took us both by the hand and showed us all the best stuff and even gave us a peak at the WALL that dropped 6000 ft straight down, she was outstanding, we both went back to tip her because she was so good( never done that before either). Ever since this experience when I close my eyes I am right back down at the bottom of the sea loving every minute and not wanting it to end. i am still dreaming but now its real. Cant wait to do it again

1 Thank Steve M
Kelowna, BC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“First rate staff and operation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We dove with Dive Provo January 22nd to 25th, 2013 and did the specialty 3 tank dive as well (9 dives in 4 days) The dive shop is top notch, everything you'd expect in a top dive company. Despite the high prices in Provo, we found their item's at the shop reasonable (T-Shirts etc)

We have dove in many Caribbean places and the South Pacific and found this location to be quite good. Only downside is the hour boat ride out to the dive sites. Makes for a pretty long day. Plan on 8am to 3pm for a 2 tank and 8am to 5pm for the 3 tank..not much time to do much of anything else. Good thing we went for the diving..lol

First off, there are no Dive Masters. They are higher trained Instructors and they are great! Very safety minded but fun. They let you do your own thing and don't hover over you which is appreciated. Did a dive from hell in Hawaii where the dive company was beyond annoying. These guys gave you the option of following along or going your own way, which i prefer for the most part. I do a lot of filming and don't always want to be in a pack of divers, though i'm near by.

The walls were my favorite, lots of life. Amazed at only seeing about 6-8 Lion Fish the whole time. Where as other destinations you see piles of them. The ones that were here were some of the biggest i've seen though, would make a great meal..lol. The highlight was the sharks that came to visit and then the dolphins..about 40 of them..babies and all..so sweet!

I'd dive with these guys again and i'd trust them with my children..that's how much confidence i have in them! Great people, nice boats, good dive sites, good snacks..all around great experience!!

1 Thank KoiLady
Reading, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“great dive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

we went out for 4 days of diving with dive provo. It was great. The dives were fabulous and the staff were great. It was nice to leave our gear on the boat each day. They run a great outfit. Experienced and helpful dive masters & captains. Love Bill & Steph!