“Favorite Caribbean Resort”

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Favorite Caribbean Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

I just returned from a second stay at Grace Bay Club. My wife and I were there about a year ago and returned with our best friends this time. We are extremely well traveled and have spend the last 24 years going to the caribbean. As a somewhat expert on the caribbean, let me state that this is one of the best, if not THE best resort. Our second favorite is Peter Island but that is a different style. Grace Bay Club has everything going for it. Of course, it helps to be on the top rated beach. If you are going to the Turks and Caicos, I would strongly suggest that you stay here, if you have the funds. It is not cheap and you can certainly get less expensive alternatives. However, if you are like us and want the best, than this is it. After looking at some of the other reviews, I was shaking my head at some of the comments. Usually, the negative comments are from people who have not traveled in the caribbean. Service is slower than Manhattan--but the idea is to slow down, right? The island people are not surly, slovenly, or non-caring. In fact, if you actually have a conversation with them, you will become friends quickly. The Grace Bay Club has a great staff, not perfect, but great for the area and professional. The rooms are exquisite for the caribbean. One of the best things about Grace Bay Club is that it is very close to a large number of fine dining restaurants. It is incredible how many unbelievable restaurants there are within walking distance of the resort. Our daily plan was to have the included breakfast at the resort (very well done) and then have a great early dinner. We skipped lunch and had a pre-dinner drink at the Infinity Bar. You will not need a car unless you are really into exploring the entire island. The resort shuttle can take you to most everything. Indeed, use the concierge (they give you a phone) to schedule dinner, etc. I used the concierge repeatedly without incident. The beach and pool service was better than any that I have encountered. We were given water bottles, fruit, fruit slushee, etc. Wonderful service with a smile. A last piece of advice for everyone is to get out onto or into the water. The Turks and Caicos are extremely beautiful and you need to see more than just the resort.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wifeandthreekids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

We came here 4 years ago and loved it. Since then, they have upgraded the spa, the adult pool and the amenities. Everything is top notch. The wifi covers the whole property - I'm writing this by the pool :) The staff is very helpful and friendly. it is on one of the most beautiful beaches. The only reason I knocked it down for value is that it is very expensive - and I'm cheap - but it really is a great place. We're only half way through our stay, and am looking forward to a very relaxing time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dicksan
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Grace Bay's attention to detail and service are what sets this resort apart from many other places I have visited. Having worked in the travel industry for 11 years, there are not many places I would revisit because I feel there is much more to see. Grace Bay is a place I will definitely visit again.

The location, soft sanded beach, and residential feel of the accommodations are added bonuses.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

We just returned from our first visit to Grace Bay and have only the nicest things to say. The property is lovely and our room in the Estates section was luxurious and very comfortable. Aside from the beautiful beaches and convenient location, the defining feature of Grace Bay is the service and staff. From the moment we arrived, we felt well looked after. Our concierges, Gifford and Vernon were always there anticipating our every need, Chef "Tiny" happily whipped up some delicious, "special" dinner requests and Garth at the pool bar kept our thirst quenched with his terrific cocktails. We have only the fondest memories of our stay here.

1 Thank zibablue
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon to Turks & Caicos. We spent 5 nights at Grace Bay Club and couldn't have been happier with our decision to stay here. Upon arrival to the resort, we were kindly greeted with a cold wash cloth and rum drink as we checked in. We were then introduced to our personal concierge, Marvin who gave us a tour of the property and to our room. We were actually pretty disappointed with our room because it was on a lower level and didn't give us a view of the pretty water. Thierry and Marvin worked us around so that we were moved to a second level suite with a wonderful view of the beach and water. Our room was very clean, nicely decorated and had everything we wanted. The service at Grace Bay really is over the top. The personal conierge allows you to reach out to them for any questions, requests, dinner suggestions or excursion help. Having Marvin at our requests for anything was wonderful. GBC also provides transportation in brand new Chevy Suburbans to restaurants and shops in the surrounding Grace Bay area. The poolside attendants were very friendly. The beach staff were also very quick to set up our chair or move our chair towards the sun. One evening around sunset my wife wanted some pictures of us on the beach but we didn't know who could take a few pictures for us. We reluctantly asked one of the beach attendants if he could take a picture for us. His reply, 'Don't be afraid to ask man, I am here for you. However many pictures you want, I can take for you". That sort of sums up the level of service. Having ventured over and staying at Parrot Cay, I would say the customer service we recieved at Grace Bay was superior.

2 Thank bmbrewe1
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

Just got back from a wonderful vacation at Grace Bay Club. My room (in the Estate section) was absolutely lovely, and the location is nearly perfect. I know others have complained about the service. I can't speak to others' experiences, but I can say that I'm a very picky traveler, and a stickler for service, and I found the service at GBC almost universally excellent. I'd single out the concierges in particular, who fulfilled every request quickly and with no fuss. Reservations were made promptly, cars arrived exactly when promised, and everything went off without a hitch. I actually found the highly-rated restaurant Anacaona a but disappointing, but I'm a New York "foodie" and have tough standards. I preferred some other hotel restaurants including Bagatelle (at Gansevoort) and Parallel23 (at Regent Palms). Obviously, that's highly subjective. A quick note on safety. I've read a lot of comments here on safety at the resort and Provo in general. Again, I can't speak to others' experiences, but can only say that at no point in my trip did I feel even remotely unsafe, either in my person or my property. The place felt about as safe as DisneyWorld to me, but again, that's s subjective experience.

3 Thank NycWinston
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi to the time we left, the staff was always available to offer their help. Sitting at the beach or by the pool, the staff would come by with cold water, cups of sorbet, fruit kabobs, etc. - all unsolicited. The suites are lovely and the views of the beach and gorgeous water are unbeatable! Our personal concierge made great recommendations for dinners in local restaurants.