2,138 results
All reviews personal concierge estate section cell phone grace bay infiniti restaurant ruth marie the grill family pool adult pool coco bistro our honeymoon rum punch bottle of champagne junior suite red flag tour of the property turks caicos
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2019

As I write this, I realize my issues with Grace Bay Club are all first world problems, but I have been to my fair share of luxury Caribbean resorts, and for the price you pay, I don't think I'd come back to Grace Bay Club.

I love that it is close to the airport, you are at the hotel within 20 minutes of leaving the airport. They greet you with water, rum punch, and cool towels. As the week goes on however, you start to plan your next vacation, and it isn't coming back here.

The staff clearly does not receive the same training as employees at other 5-star resorts. Getting towels, whether on the beach or poolside, almost always required me getting up to get them myself. Is that difficult? No, but at other similar priced resorts, When someone sees my family approaching a set of chairs, they have met me there with an over abundance of beach towels.

There is no phone rule for the employees. Over half of the people I did approach for help, were on his or her mobile phones. One of the guys at the pool even carried on his phone conversation while servicing those at the pool.

Noise pollution was everywhere. Apparently the hotel has no policy against drones. We spent our first morning on the beach with one hovering over our heads for over an hour. Several afternoons, different groups would come from the hotel and blast music on the beach. I don't know that there is an answer to this, we just found it extremely annoying. (It isn't spring break, after all). I am also completely aware that my children are annoying and can be loud, and I would like to ban them on occasion. Fortunately for people who don't want to listen to my children, there is an adult's only pool ample distance from the children's pool. Sadly, I can't leave my children alone and go there. Having the pool bar in the children's pool was a brilliant (though I'm not sure planned) move.

They do have a kids club and a game room. Maxine, who runs the game room is delightful and welcoming. She keeps the room clean and stocked with video games that pre-teens and teens want to play. I let my daughter stay here more than I probably should have.

The food experience left much to be desired. The menu was only ok. There weren't a ton of appealing options. It would be nice if they had a few appetizers on the grill menu so that people could order an afternoon snack while having a drink at the pool. They do have a wonderful children's menu for picky eaters and the Pop Up Taco Shop is great. Infiniti had more options for dinner, but this menu was not available during the day. Once again they fall short on service in dining. Breakfast is complementary and is mostly self serve, so you can get on ok. Lunch at The Grill is another story. I had to track down various servers to bring me a water and a salad. I noticed that everyone around me was getting focaccia and olive oil, yet this never came to my table. Requests for anything extra (butter, a spoon, a coke) were either forgotten or ignored.

The rooms are nice, they have been painted and have updated furniture since our last visit, though they are visibly worn in some places. (Again, I realize I am being massively picky, but you have choices when paying this much for a family vacation). The first night we had no air conditioning and temperatures reached 80 in our room. That combined with a horridly loud beeping coming from the hallway right outside our room made sure no one slept the first night. They fixed the ac the next day, however the horrible beeping once again woke the entire family. Not a great way to start a vacation. They did get it fixed by night 3.

One further questions management of this resort when the grounds crew decides to mow the lawn on a Friday afternoon at prime pool time and then fertilize Saturday morning (kicking up all sorts of insects). There was also trash almost everywhere: around the pool (first thing in the morning), the beach, and the restaurants.

There were positives. Kadejah and Adam, our concierge team, were both helpful and very attentive. They made any reservation we needed and checked in regularly (though it was easier just to find them than to use the phones they provided). They also found us a fabulous babysitter so that we could enjoy some time away from the kids.

My daughter lost her bunny in the bed linens when they were changed and Bertha came to the rescue hand delivering bunny back to us.

The beach is one of the prettiest anywhere I have been and it is excellent for the kids.

They are currently building a Ritz not too far from here and it will be interesting to see what happens to Grace Bay Club when that opens. If the service is what it is at other Ritz locations, GBC will need to make some serious revisions to keep up. I know I am eagerly awaiting the Ritz's opening for our next trip to Turks.

Room tip: If traveling with kids, a ground floor room allows easy access to the pool.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank randmtraveller
Christine D, Director of Marketing at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It saddens us to read of your unfortunate issues with the A/C, as well as, the alarm beeping outside your door. We are truly sorry that you had to deal with this on your first few nights. This is certainly not the normal experience our guests encounter at Grace Bay Club. We take all guest feedback very seriously and your comments regarding certain staff behaviors have been addressed with management. We are extremely happy to hear that your children enjoyed the Kids Club, and your family enjoyed your spacious suite and our amazing location on Grace Bay Beach. Thank you for your kind words regarding Kadijah, Adam, Maxine, and Bertha. We do hope you will visit us again to enjoy the true Grace Bay Club experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

We just returned from GBC, and it was a very enjoyable visit. Of course, it is one of the more high end places to stay on the island, and in that regard, it didn't disappoint.

However, where the hotel really went above and beyond was in handling an arrival that was delayed by a full day due to weather. After spending hours on the phone with American Airlines trying desperately to even get in the day following our initial reservation, it was a breath of fresh air to get on the phone with Tiffany at GBC. She could not have been more accommodating with making changes to our reservation on both ends. Even where changes needed to be confirmed through a 3rd party reservations agent, Tiffany held things for us in the interim, and assured me that we were taken care of in their system. Honestly, it was a relief after so much aggravation / stress, and it was very much appreciated.

Otherwise, it seems that there were several individuals that worked behind the scenes in an effort to ensure guests enjoyed their stay. In that regard, both Krystal and Tracey handled advance emails with me, and were quite helpful.

As such, in addition to thanking all the staff at the resort, I did want to make special mention of the ladies above. They are an attribute to the hotel, and their assistance not only made sure we were able to stay at the hotel, but that we enjoyed it to the fullest on top of it.

And, finally, thank you Garth at Just Tacos. You were a wonderful host, and to anyone looking for a great drink and in an environment that is unbeatable (the beach of Grace Bay)....you owe yourself a visit.

Thank you GBC for a wonderful trip. We look forward to another visit soon.

Room tip: Higher floors offer better views, but with potential tree obstructions on floor 2.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler1chicago
Christine D, Director of Marketing at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. At Grace Bay Club, it is our pleasure to offer outstanding service and provide the best experience for all our guests. I will be sure to pass along your very kind words to Tiffany, Krystal, and Tracey. They are all excellent at what they do and we are just delighted you were able to adjust your flights and enjoy your vacation. On behalf of the team at Grace Bay Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

This is a trip that leaves nothing to be desired, with proper planning, this is a vacation of a lifetime. I would highly recommend paying for the expedited service through the airport, definitely worth the extra money to not wait in line. From there be sure to set up the SUV service to and from the airport offered by the hotel. Once you arrive at the resort, You are in pure heaven And treated like royalty. If you stay in the villas you have your personal concierge who you can reach by cell phone from 8 AM to 10 PM. But our stay was so well planned and executed by the staff, we really only had to call upon then when we lost our keys. Lol. Grace Bay Club is top notch all the way from Resort, to the excursions, to every staff member we came across. The resort itself could not be any more beautiful, As well as the most gorgeous water I have ever seen. Even planning the trip from another country was so simple with our constant contact at the resort to help us every step of the way. Once we arrive the trip was seamless and perfect.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Grace Bay Club. It is our pleasure to provide all of our guests' outstanding service and we are so glad that the team exceeded all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend & I arrived on a Friday and we were greeted at the airport by a nice man who had our names on a list ready to take us to the resort. This was such a nice surprise since we had just realized neither one of us had made arrangements for us to get to the hotel from the airport but it looked like the hotel did it for us:) Once we arrived we were told we could sit down & someone would come over to check us in. They brought us cool towels & fruit punch which was nice since it’s humid here.
Rooms are very clean & have everything one would need during a vacation stay. Huge bathtubs, fridge, cable & beautiful ocean view♥️ The resort is well maintained & is on a truly breathtaking beach.
We ate at the Grill for breakfast and lunch a couple of times. Our favorite waiter was Watson. Great service , great attitude & with a great smile! Good job Watson. At the Infinity restaurant we had several really good meals but our favorite experience was when we had Deon as our waitress. She was fun, attentive & made us laugh a few times. We really liked her!
As far as activities, there are paddle boarding, hobie sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, jet skiing & a few others. And what was really nice most of it is included in your stay price, so they don’t nickel & dime you for every activity.
Our time here was amazing & we can’t wait to come back! Thank you Grace bay club for taking good care of us!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Christine D, Director of Marketing at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at Grace Bay Club. We are happy to hear you were impressed with our amazing staff, service and enjoyed the complimentary watersports, dining options, and your suite. It is our pleasure to arrange your arrival and departure transport so our guests can relax and enjoy their vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

My husband is terminally ill and wanted one more trip to somewhere he has never been before with a beautiful beach. I called ahead and told concierge of our situation and upon arrival were told we are on the 4th floor across from an elevator that would not be working from 10-4. The story is two long but due to a lack of communication we remained in the room. No upgrade, a personal concierge made two different dinner reservations that upon arrival had not been made. They suggested a great place for a nice lunch which was a restaurant by a kiddie pool with people in wet bathing suits. We were dressed up a bit and after calling our driver that had been called for us....Cedrick, spent 135.00 in car service alone for lunch!!!! Heads up....if they arrange a driver for you from airport it is 220 round trip for 2 vs. 70 round trip with a van. It took us coming home and complaining and they opted to give us two nights free on our next trip still NOT understanding the magnitude of this emotional trip. They did credit us back two nights which was appreciated but a little to late. Incredible disappointed and we insisted on going here and my brother and his wife joined us which was embarrassing. One more note, the swim up bar is in the kids pool which was continually cloudy :(

2  Thank Mitchellsmom
Christine D, Director of Marketing at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It saddens us to read about your experience, and please know this is not the usual stellar service for which Grace Bay Club is known. In regards to the room switch, I did speak to the team and it does seem there was a communication issue as we offered to change your room to the first floor. We are truly sorry this was not rectified and appreciate you accepting the offer of two nights credit, however, we know this does not make up for your disappointment. We wish your husband and your family our sincere apologies.