“It's all about Bob”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My wife and I recently went down for a long weekend. Overall, it exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend staying at the Estate portion of the resort. It is the newer part of the resort and the rooms were updated, clean and good size. The Estate is for Estate guests only and has its own pool and restaurant. The poolside restaurant at the Estate was an awesome spot for lunch... everything on the menu was phenomenal (the best chicken wings, nicoise salad, and pina coladas! The beaches were amazing as well. I admit the service across the entire resort was spotty at times as "island time" is a reality; however, that was not the case with the service we received at the Estate from Bob. Bob made sure we were well taken care of throughout our entire stay. Upon arrival, he provided you with a personal cell phone and whenever you needed something all you had to do was hit the speed dial for Bob. Within minutes he had met your request. If you make it Grace Bay Club, make sure to ask for Bob. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at this resort in May for my honeymoon. After reading reviews on trip advisor and visiting the resorts website, I was sold on Grace Bay Club. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to travel to the Turks and Caicos islands. Compared to other resorts in Turks and Caicos, here's how I arrived at my decision:

Hotel is organized into 3 separate parts and I stayed in the ESTATE section. Each section has its own amenities etc. The estates section the the best, newest and private part to the resort. You can only visit within this part of the resort if you're staying there and I believe there are only 22 rooms in this section. The Estate section included a free airport transfer in a private Suburban, cold cloth and rum punch on arrival, tour of the resort's premises and escort to our room.

In the room, we were given a cell phone to contact either of our concierge, Bob and Gifford at anytime. I have never been to a resort where they were so helpful and gave us a cell phone to use! All rooms are ocean front and we had free water, free local and long distance calling in our room. The beds very comfortable and bathroom had all the luxury amenities one could ask for. Views from the balcony were surreal.

The resort had several pools with a private pool for estates only guest. We also had unlimited use of water sports- kayaking, hobie cat sailing, snorkeling etc.

Food was great and another reason I chose this resort. They featured 3 food options for Estate guests. Krave (estate only), The Grill and Anacoana (beach front dining). I have to admit prices for food with tax, tip etc can get very expensive, but this was standard around the island as well. Food was outstanding and my wife and I rarely wanted to leave the resort to dine anywhere else.

Service at the hotel was worth every penny. Everyone is always smiling and making sure you have everything you need to be comfortable. Some reviews complained of slow service, but I did not find this to be the case. Bob and Gifford went out of their way for us... from making reservations and offering recommendations, to loading a cooler for us to take on a boating adventure and the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries the left for us in the room, they offered 5 star concierge service unparalleled by any other resort I've stayed at, and I've stayed at some of the nicest in the world.

In summary, this resort doesn't get the rating it deserves. I'm one of the pickiest, high maintenance travelers out there. My expectations are always high and I expect nothing but the best. This resort went above and beyond my expectations. Please feel free to private message me if you have any questions I can answer about my experience here.... it's the least I can do for a resort that bent over backwards to make my honeymoon amazing.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Booked this hotel for a wkend trip w my mom. The website looks great and its rated on the Gold List, not to mention that my black amex concierge also rec'd it. BIG DISSPOINTMENT!! First of all the hotel complex looks rundown, the pools are all old and lounge chairs by them look beat up. The landscaping is not kept up and it looked like no one had done any trimming of weeds/trees in months. I had gotten upgraded to a one bedroon luxury suite due to my black amex card, nut when I go to the room, th living room furniture was so old and tired and there was this rug on the floor that you would be afraid to steo on it (we didnt!) I was shocked bc it looked NOTHING like the website promised. We went down to get a drink and its "INFINITY" bar and lounge and every white lounge chair was so filthy and brown that you couldnt sit anywhere but a barstool. The waitresses were all talking at the bar (no other guest was there) and they proceeded to ignore us untilI finally said "EXCUSE ME?" Bizarre. I checked out the next morning, after I worked out at their unkept and old fitness center, and the management was very apologetic, they offered me an better room and admitted that wasnt the nicest of the rooms there, but it makes me wonder that for a guest who had a centurion credit card why they wouldnt give a good room in the first place? Obviously with that card I travel extensively as any other card holder. The place is awful, I was told it will get renovations done this summer so maybe after it can be an option BUT NOT NOW

1  Thank jadednewyorker
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

Thank you for your comments on how we can improve our guest experience. I am sorry you were disappointed with yours. You might be interested to know that we shut down every September for renovations, and this year we will be revitalizing the spa, the fitness center, the area around the adults’ only pool, the boutique and the business center.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

We had stopped in at the hotel during our last stay on the island hearing good things about this hotel. Got there and wanted to dine at the Anocondo restaurant. We were told that we couldn't dine there because my husband had a shirt with no sleaves. Here we are on an caribbean island on vacation from california and we were willing and able to drop from $200 to $250 and we were turned away. We were dumbstruck We were offered to sit in their "casual bar" but there were no decent tables to sit at. There was absolutely no one around nor woudl, in my opinion, anyone who would had cared. We went to the front desk. They apologized and stated that he needed a full shirt. Well, if that is the case why doesn't that hotel have handy a shirt for gentleman to throw on if that is their policy. Most people who are on vacation will stop by for the beach view and a nice dinner. We went to the front desk, asked for a cab, waited 15 minutes. A really nice gentleman came by and offered us a ride down to hemingways, but was shooes away by manager there because we were not staying there. How embarrassing and I would say more embarrassing for the. I woudl not ever think to stay there in the future. They blew a really good chance to have patrons who have stayed at the Regent Palms the last three years never think about staying at this place and I will never visit their restaurants or bars in the future. What a bunch of snobs.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our fine dining restaurant, Anacaona. It must have been frustrating to be turned away by the dress code, especially when you are hungry. I have had the restaurant remedy this situation by having a shirt available for our diners. Unfortunately, you were not directed to our other restaurant, The Grill Rouge, which is equally excellent without the dress code. Resort drivers are regrettably for the exclusive use of our guests; however I have spoken with the front desk about handling this kind of situation more graciously. I hope you would consider giving our resort a chance in the future as we provide a luxurious, tailor-made vacation experience.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We just got back from The Grace Bay Club on Providenciales on Turks & Caicos. It was fabulous and we are happy we stayed here instead of Somerset or Regent Palms, two other resorts we had seriously considered that are on the same beach not far away from Grace Bay. GB is the right size, not too big nor too small and it has the best location on the beach and is not surrounded by busy hotels, has a great bar area at night with many separate spots to hang out, and Adults Only pool that is great as well as a beautiful Family Pool and the restaurants are on the water unlike the other 2 hotels. Didnt get to check out Gansevoort or Amanyara though, nor Parrot Cay on Grand Turks. Great service too.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My family and I just got back from a week's stay at the Grace Bay Club. This was our second visit and it was even better than the first. We loved the villa and the kids loved the new addition of the foosball and pool tables by the family pool. But the best part of the trip was Franklin, Godfrey and Pauline. Franklin and Godfrey, our personal concierges, took care of everything for us. The resort provided us with a phone with direct service to them. When my son needed a doctor, Godfrey was right on it! Every restaurant suggestion was just perfect for us. When they made a reservation for us, they always called us to confirm. They even left cookies and milk for the kids in our room one day. We ate lunch with Pauline every day and she served us drinks all afternoon. She was "mom" to all the kids! Everyone at the resort was wonderful! We hated to leave and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Our 3rd visit to GBC and it keeps getting better. From our great reservation service by Angella, to the warm welcome from Rochelle at the front desk, to our final farewell by the smiling staff, it could not get better. During the stay you are pampered, catered to and exposed to the beauty of TCI while staying at a luxurious resort. (amazingly clean) To name a few stars, our personal concierge, this time mostly Marvin, couldn't do enough to make our trip wonderful. Prasad is the "fix it" man. Minor problem, in seconds he jumps to make it better. Just ask, he can arrange it. Junie is the #1 waittress, having our choices on the table BEFORE we arrive. Louis knew our beach chair preferences....and was there with a smile. Even when full, the beach and pool areas (in the adult section) were so quiet, as if we were the only guest there. Anthony is a 6 Star Resident Manager....making us feel at home with his warm hospitality and friendship. And, how comforting to see Thiery and management staff walk the grounds all day, making sure guests have what they need to ensure a perfect vacation. Darren and others who cheerfully drove us around Grace Bay were also terrific. We joyfully count the days until our next stay in paradise......

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple