“Hard to beat! Great experience.”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
SF Bay Area
“Hard to beat! Great experience.”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Just returned from Provo and had an unforgettable time at the Grace Bay Club. Accomodations are top rate, staff is super friendly and food is good. The beach is out of this world and
the pool area lovely. One has to be relaxed, as the service
is efficient in an island sort of way - which is part of the fun!
Food was good, but expensive. They do charge a $50/day
service charge on top of room rate and taxes (10%), which brought our junior suite from $500/day (october rates) to $600.
I must admit to being confused about tipping at this place, given the added service charge, perhaps someone can set me straight. It's a great place to unwind and float around.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
UK
Reviewed October 25, 2008

It is difficult to describe our stay in Grace Bay Club, in a few words, it was perfect. We stayed in "The Villas" in a Junior Suite and we are sure that this size of room is enough to have a great stay. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were great, Drinks and Cocktails always nicely done. And obviously the beach and the water are amazing, we ve been in Thailand, Sansibar, Maldives but the beach is unbeaten..We had great eight nights at Grace Bay Club....

• Liked — Beach/Water
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Levittown, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2008

There aren't too many times that I've walked away from an experience feeling absolutely, completely, entirely happy and satisfied. Not the case here.

We booked a 6-night honeymoon at the Grace Bay Club in TCI Aug 18-Aug 24 after much research. I was really excited to show my new husband a great snorkeling experience - it went above and beyond what we could have imagined.

It was Jim's first everything - first snorkel, first sail, first time losing his wedding band (yup, 2 days after getting there and 4 days after wedding - GONE!). In any case, not so bad that the ocean took a little token as payment for letting us enter her world.

First off, the greeting at the airport was such a nice touch. There's always a little anxiety when you get to a foreign city, state, country and we didn't have time to feel that at TCI airport. We were greeted immediately, were on a shuttle in less than 5 minutes and at Grace Bay in 20 (after dropping another couple off). We were greeted at GBC by several smiling faces, towels, and rum punches. We were guided around the property, shown our rooms, and given a cell phone to access our personal concierge. We used the phone several times throughout the week to ask for shuttle to pick us up at other local restaurants or to verify dinner reservations.

Our room in the adult-only hotel was incredibly spacious with unimagineable ocean views. We had a living room, bedroom, HUGE bathroom with tub and separate shower (both for two?!). We made use of the in-room DVD player and selected movies from GBC's extensive list. A little kitchenette came replete with free bottled water and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Pillows on the bed were a bit too hard and fluffy - I stuck it out though; I probably should've inquired whether they had different ones.

Although there was construction going on (and really, going on everywhere in TCI), you barely noticed it.

Weather was perfect: hot but definitely possible to find breeze and shade. For you fair-skinned folks out there (like me) make sure you bring and regularly apply sunscreen. We wore 45 but could've even gone higher SPF - like 70. I was OK until last day when I got the worst burn - IN THE SHADE!! Reflects off that beautiful white sand and crystal clear water.

Beach was pristine. Views great; I suggest getting down there very early (before 9) to grab the palapa on the beach. Beach service was very strong first couple of days but fell off the last two. Only other comment/critique we have for beach services in general, is that there was not ample snorkel equipment and floats. We didn't get our hands on mask and snorkel until Wednesday afternoon. One of the masks leaked like a sieve. All may be a result of our trip coming very late in season (and a week or two away from resort closing for a month), at which point equipment has been lost, forgotten or damaged. So, bring your own equipment if you have it, or check out Silver Deep dive shop about 6 minute walk from GBC.

The Anani Spa staff were pleasant and comforting. The environment is extremely relaxing and our facials were wonderful. Recommend their services HIGHLY!

Now - onto the adventure: First day on beach brought an unexpected visitor to all - a Manta Ray with a 5-6 ft wingspan. Truly a sight to behold, and swim with - it's been a goal of mine for a while, but looked to be impossible as I don't dive. What a truly spectacular treat!

Day two was a sail on the Beluga. Can't say enough nice things about Captain Tim Ainley. Master story-teller, history buff and sailing encyclopedia, he gave us a very, VERY memorable trip - from a lovely sail out into the blue, to two spectacular snorkel sites. Elegant drinks, eats and conversation all while taking in a beautiful sail. He knows the island and her history like the back of his hand. I have never ever had a more enjoyable experience since sailing off of Long Island as a kid. That day brought me back and I am forever thankful for the experience; I know Jim was wowed as well.

Though the water right at BC's beach isn't typically "hopping" with aqautic life, there's still opportunity to catch a glimpse of a fish or two. Last day there we saw 4 different types of rays. Pipe fish. Baby flounder (really small). I recommend "hovering" and you'll see something for sure. Also, we heard that Coral Gardens is a must see - GBC's shuttle will take you there for a snorkel right off beach. Take advantage of the beach-side adventures like kayaking, banana boats, parasailing, Hobie cats - many are presented to GBC guests at no charge. Other companies will pick/up and drop-off right at GBC's beach.

We also had a staff member offer to get us out in the skiff to a snorkel spot a little further off beach. We spied a barracuda and other critters.

All in all, snorkelling that week brought us to Manta, other rays, barracuda, 1 small reef shark, 4 squid, sea turtle, JoJo the dolphin, a wahoo (I think), adult and baby flounder and countless other fish.

Eats: We didn't go crazy on gourmet dinners (we're simple folks, honestly) but we heard rave reviews for Coyaba, Magnolias and Caicos Cafe. We stayed in that area and hit Jimmy's Dive Bar, Calico Jack's (say hi to new proprietors Kay and Steve) - both of these restaurant/bars are in the Ports of Call plaza), Mango Reef (at Royal West Indies) and Hemingway's (at the Sands Resprt).

We hit the Casablanca Casino - very small. But, fun. I'm sure had we not been there so early (12 p.m.) we would have witnessed way more activity!

I can also recommend the complimentary American breakfast at GBC's The Grill. Lunch at this restaurant (and evening room service) was great as well.

The Captain's and Infinity Bars are phenomenal. Staff was so nice to be around - have to give a shout out to Faye and Mario who made us feel at home (not that we live at a bar or anything, we just felt really comfortable and relaxed!).

Lastly, Anacaona is a beautiful restaurant with great views. The food is excellent; service, though polite, could've been a bit more timely (my husband's dessert came but not mine nor coffee). We hadn't seen our waiter for what seemed like forever, but all in all, the food and view were worth the wait.

Would be happy to tell you more - just email me!

• Liked — Size, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not applicable
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Julybaby70
Miami
Reviewed August 8, 2008

The experience began at the airport with a happy fellow introducing us to the Shuttle to the hotel and about what we could expect. Upon arrival, the staff greeted us with names and smiles. Everyone could not have been any nicer. The rooms were all huge- large walk in shower, separate living area, large balcony with daybed. The grounds are filled with bougainvilleas and night blooming jasmines, the restaurant and bar, although expensive, was well worth it. Music was cool and relaxing. The stars are lit in the clear skies. It was late July and the breezes were very cool in the evening. (Hot during the day.) It was a shame to pack up and leave. It is only a 80 min flight from Miami, so looking forward to my return.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
d.c
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Turks and Caicos is truly paradise! We have been coming for many years and plan on continuing this tradition. Grace Bay club is the best property by far to visit on island. The feel of the units is( no other word to choose but)Luxury! The pool and facilities are very nice, and the beach is incredible. Tea is served each day complimentary. There are tennis courts and a very small kids area. There is a new kids club that is decent, and they will happily plan any excursions you woudl like. The staff is helpful and friendly, and there are bikes you can use to explore the island.
We have stayed at Ocean Club , Beaches, The palms, and Grace Bay. Grace bay by far trumos all these! The palms Spa is the best on island, but stay at Grace Bay and book your spa at the palms. The kids program at Beaches is cool, but you can buy daily passes to beaches and enjoy the amenities there if you like. I found Beaches to be overrun with disorderley kids, the rooms were kinda dirty, nothing like the brochures, and the food was good, but it got old after a couple of days. Grace Bay just felt very private, and surreal. You feel like a Vip from the time you arrive. It isn't a pretencious environment though. You can walk around in shorts and a t-shirt and be fine. You would need to dress up a bit for dinner however, but this is the same everywhere on island, even Beaches.
If you are staying at Grace Bay and have kids,(or several friends) I reccomend unit b203/204. We have stayed at other units but they all have a queen for the kids to share. This one has one bdrm with a king and one bdrm with two queens.B203, is located between the adult pool and the kids pool, most units are in front of one or the other. It is directly in front of the restaraunt/grill for a short walk down when hungry, and close to bikes, etc. It has a great view out to the ocean, and this unit had lots of Movies, games, and stuff in it.
Overall , if I had to rate Grace Bay I would give it a ten!!! Also try eating at the Palms, and Coco Bistro these are our favorite restaurants. For less expensive fair, try Hemingways, and Yoshis Sushi.

• Liked — everything!!!
  • Disliked — nothing!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank hithere
NJ
Reviewed July 12, 2008

First off I’m not the most elegant writer so I will do my best. My wife and I are here right now. And I can't even tell you how beautiful it is here. We are here for another week yet. I’ve been up since 5:30 am and the only thing you here are waves hitting the beach and even those are faint at best. There is so much good and beauty here at the resort. The people, the room is out of this world! and saving the best for last, the food is just the best, my wife and I haven’t eaten out of the resort yet, and that’s saying a lot for this place, I don’t think you ever go away saying or thinking you'd never need to leave the resort for a good meal, but here you don’t. All the best you get right here in the grace bay club. OH for those of you listening and worried about the family friendly thing and you’re not bringing the kids or just don’t have any, don’t worry, the kids and family section seems like another world away. As all the workers say here......"NO Worries" and they are right! its like adults have it all to them self’s too. It’s great here. Just what the wife and I need, peace and quite…..together time.
Aside from some miner bumps the first day or too, everything has been more then I can expect or have dreamed of. they have the right people running everything here, managers the nicest people you could ever meet, restaurant staff, beach staff, pool staff, and your personal assistant your assigned to when you arrive. If you come here it doesn’t matter who you get they are all here to help you unwind and relax, we have Godfree, the best at what he does. We are so lucky to have him. The only bad thing here is that we have to leave next week. It will be a sad day. So....I hope this helps everyone, and I will update this trip again next week I have included one photo for now of a shot I took this morning and the sun was rising. I intend to give/ update with more photos so everyone can see just how great it is here. Don’t think twice if you are considering here. You’re making the right choice. Ps, just bring extra money for the food!
Oh and I almost forgot, you have to stop by the adult pool and say HI to luee, he is so nice. He watches over the adult pool. What a great hearted guy, you won’t want to leave just because of him. Well that’s it for now, I will update next week and be much more detailed about our trip.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RDpremier
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Grace Bay Club is truly unique as a resort/ destination getaway. This hotel is unparalleled in its service, class and beauty. From the moment we arrived we were treated with VIP service. This hotel provides a personal concierge for their guests. Boda, our personal concierge helped us arrange everything we needed and made sure that everything went well seamlessly. We only had 4 days at our disposal and because of our truly positive experience I wouldn't stay anywhere else on this island. And we DO plan on coming back again and again.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, please take a look at our travel photos, (posted with this review) If nothing else, these should convince you to make this your vacation destination.

• Liked — The personal service, food and beds.
  • Disliked — The bicycles were very poorly maintained.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonnenshine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
The Regent Grand
#7 of 44 in Providenciales
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!