My wife and I are trying to make T&C an annual trip. This is our second time back, and our second stay at Grace Bay Club. We love the island of Provo and the Grace Bay Club (GBC) more with each visit. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. We stay in "the Hotel," and our ground floor room (A111) had a living room, separate bedroom, large bathroom and large storage/laundry room. The storage/laundry room is perfect for storing scuba gear. It's perfect for us, and the patio off the back is a perfect place to watch the sunset and dry scuba gear. We liked the free Wi-Fi (to stay connected with home and work), the ability to do laundry in the condo, and the ability to watch the World Cup on either the flat screens in the condo or at the Infinity Bar.
The beach and amenities are first-rate, but what sets GBC apart is its staff. Cordell is our favorite. He helps run the pool and beach area, and he's become a great friend. His personal attention each day was remarkable--he not only made sure our chairs were set up each day, but he made sure my wife had a foam raft each day and checked on us for drinks and food periodically throughout our hours on the beach. He anticipates our needs and wants very well, and always has a good personal story or other information about the island. He's just a good-hearted man who cares about your experience. We also really enjoyed getting to know Mark, who runs the beach sports area. We don't typically use the personal concierge much, but Franklin is very good. He's friendly and helpful, but not patronizing . . . which is fairly accurate of all the staff. The people who work at GBC just seem to love working there, and it shows in their attitude and attention to detail. I didn't know you could request a personal concierge, but apparently you can. We'll be requesting Franklin next time. While the staff wants to provide service, we've found our greatest enjoyment to be just getting to know these individuals and hearing about their personal stories and their personal recommendations for what to do on the island. It makes a much more enriching experience.
As for our room attendant (I'm sorry but I can't remember her name), she was exceptional. On day one, she overheard me tell my wife that I wanted to go find a bucket of ice. She disappeared for 10 minutes, returning with a bucket of ice. Then, everyday of our stay, she left behind a bucket of ice.
One of the things we enjoyed this time around was taking the resort bicycles into town. Each day, we'd ride to somewhere new on the island for lunch, then come back and hit the beach, then the pool, then someplace for dinner. Lunch places on the water that we really liked -- Mango Reef and Hemingway's. Dinner places we really liked -- Le Bouchon (French, get the mussels), Caicos Café, Lupo (Italian), Seven, Coco Bistro. Anacaona is the well-reviewed restaurant at GBC. Perhaps because we've eaten there so many times, I'd have to say that the food is "ok," but the venue is great. For very casual grub, try Pizza, Pizza, Danny Boy's (bar fare) and Patti's (Jamaican beef pockets). There's also a very nice supermarket within walking or biking distance called Graceway Gourmet. Perfect for stocking the in-room kitchen or kitchenette.
In the end, if you want very comfortable accommodations, attentive service, turquoise water, sugar-powder beaches, and a very relaxing stay . . . GBC is the place. We'll be back next year. We enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our one-week stay to 12 days. We like to scuba dive, and did four dives with Big Blue Unlimited (see our separate review). T&C is one of the best places in the Caribbean to dive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world renowned Grace Bay Club, first luxury all-suite resort in Turks and Caicos, offers guests a haven for uninterrupted relaxation. The resort, with the largest beach front access - 1100 feet, features all ocean front suites. Divided into three separate sections that caters to discerning travelers of all tastes, it includes the adults-only Hotel area with private restaurant, bar, and swimming pool; family-friendly Villas with their own restaurant, bar, and pool; and the uber-luxe Estate, with a complete set of exclusive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grace Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Hotel
- Hotel Grace Bay
- Grace Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales