Just returned from a wonderful stay at GBC. We very much enjoyed it and would recommend it. Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh towels and a cool beverage. We opted for water instead of rum punch. Check in did seem to take a bit even though it was just entering their slow season. A young gentleman began checking us in but the process was handed over to someone else as he ended up accompanying some guests up to their room. The lady who finished checking us in led us up to our room.
Upon entering the room you're immediately blown away by the view. We were on the 4th floor and had unobstructed views of the ocean. The suite was quite spacious and the decor was fresh and contemporary.
We were given a phone to contact our own personal concierge (Kenny or Godfrey, in all honestly we never did meet Kenny but Godfrey proved very helpful). We got lots of directions to local restaurants and such from Godfrey and the next day whenever he saw us he always remembered to ask how we enjoyed it, or if we had any problems getting there.
To be honest there were a few touches we appreciated: the complimentary stocked champagne, the fruit plate on arrival, the complimentary bottles of water stocked daily, the complimentary bottle of bug spray, complimentary rum punch throughout your stay. We travel the Caribbean extensively and many properties have cut back, it was refreshing to see that GBC was trying their best to not only anticipate guest needs but also give a good experience.
Of all of the restaurants on property we preferred Krave. The breakfast buffet was good, a few more flies than I would have liked but the staff was always courteous and welcoming. June was always a pleasure to see in the morning, always smiling, always bright.
The beach boys were always attentive, Josimar and the rest always went out of their way to get you set up really fast and on your way to relaxing. Llyod at Stix was a pleasure, too bad I didn't try the jerk corn.
The one major downside to our trip was that there was construction going on right beneath us where they were extending the kitchen and adjacent where they were working on the kids-allowed pool. We booked this trip through a travel website and there was no mention of construction. I also called the property prior to our arrival to enquire about accomodations for our 6month old and still no mention of construction. Most days we didn't mind cause the hammering wasn't loud and truthfully we weren't in the room much. However on the last two days there was an immense amount of drilling, so loud that it could be heard even through the sliding glass doors. It was rough. Our daughter couldn't nap and it was probably our toughest days there, making for little sleep at night due to cranky baby. In all fairness we did let Sandra the manager know. She was very accomodating and invited us to Anacona for dinner. We ended up getting it delivered to the room because our little girl was just miserable from being kept up by all the noise and we were exhausted. The meal was good and I appreciated her attempts to try and rectify things.
A few places on the Estate side poolside were a bit worn and in need of repair or care but overall I think the property was wonderful. We went during low occupancy and had the run of the beach, the attention of the staff and a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world renowned Grace Bay Club, first luxury all-suite resort in Turks and Caicos, offers guests a haven for uninterrupted relaxation. The resort, with the largest beach front access - 1100 feet, features all ocean front suites. Divided into three separate sections that caters to discerning travelers of all tastes, it includes the adults-only Hotel area with private restaurant, bar, and swimming pool; family-friendly Villas with their own restaurant, bar, and pool; and the uber-luxe Estate, with a complete set of exclusive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grace Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Hotel
- Hotel Grace Bay
- Grace Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales