“Teens love it here!”

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Rochester, Michigan, United States
“Teens love it here!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

What a perfect place for adults to relax while teens have a great time! Watersports are included, and our teens kept busy with sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding and windsurfing. Many thanks to Morley (water sports staff) for his incredible patience teaching my nephew to windsurf. Morley spent at least two hours instructing, even paddle boarding alongside and "rescuing" with kayaks and sailboats when my nephew had trouble turning around for shore. What a patient, hardworking guy!

An appreciated addition to GBC this year was the pool/beach float mats, which we all enjoyed. However, the red beach beds were in poor disrepair this year; though we never use them anyway I was surprised to see this lack of maintenance.

We found unparalleled service at The Estates pool, where buckets of icy water bottles were offered and our towels were freshened up every time we left our chairs. The beach service (set up chairs and umbrellas) was also excellent. I recommend stocking up on $5 and $10 bills for tips; the staff really earn it and were very grateful and appreciative of tips.

In summary, our second trip to GBC was wonderful and we hope to continue this annual tradition next year.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and well worth it. From the time we got into our taxi to the time we arrived at the Grace Bay Club was fantastic. The greeting with a Rum punch set us in our vacation mode. In all our travels this was the best Staff. Our accommodation in the Estate F building was beautiful. We want to extend a special thanks to Thierry, Gifford, Ricky, Willah, Boda, Ajay, Sandra, Leola, and Hudson. Each one welcomed us with opened arms and smiling faces.Our Spa treatment with Kim and Sonia was ultimate relaxation. This stay was extremely special to us, celebrating a Birthday and Anniversary. I reccommend anyone who has the chance to visit this Hotel and beautiful Island to do so.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. We enjoyed the lower floor with a patio facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethany, Connecticut
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Can not say enough about this vacation, from the beach to the service. Grace bay is probably the best beach I have seen it even won me over from the beaches in Hawaii which I would I though was not possible. Customer service gave you the WOW factor. Would recommend this resort, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all this place is first class all the way. Amazing service sums it up! You get a personal concierge (they give you a tiny cell phone that dials directly to your contact...not the 'front desk') all hours of the day. Franklin (our concierge) was such a great host! The grounds on the property were pristine. Two different pools on our side of the property and one of those had a swim up bar (order a rum runner!). The room itself was phenomenal and overlooking the beach like all of their rooms. The daily breakfast was also top notch...eggs, bacon, salmon, cereal, coffee, pastries. Oh and don't forget the best spot (compared to all the hotels...we walked the whole area) on absolutely perfect Grace Bay Beach. Can't wait to go back.

The only limitation long term will be price as a stay is certainly not inexpensive. But for the combination of service, location, and room comfort it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having stayed at GBC many times I must respond to a negative comment by a wedding guest staying at GBC. Friends were staying at Villa del mar and the comment was they were not treated well when they came for breakfast. If they wanted breakfast and were going to PAY for it, why not tell the hostess immediately they were not guests of the hotel. The hostess was doing her job. Your friends created an awkward situation not the hostess. I've seen several instances of outside guests trying to take advantage of the situation.
GBC is an absolutely wonderful resort with a wonderful staff. We spent two weeks there in January and several days in March. We will be doing the same in 2014.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Et2942
Varese, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think that this is a really beautiful hotel especially for the fantastic view.
I had (with my family) a really good time
Staff is really welcoming
Calvin in the beach and Emmanuel in the pool were very kind and polite

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Martina_Martiii
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently attended a beautiful wedding in Turks and Caicos. I arrived July 4 and stayed until the 7th. It was not long enough but just enough time to know I will be back. A very dear friend had her destination wedding at the Grace Bay Club. Friends from England to New York attended. The hotel is fabulous. I had a Jr Suite in building D. It overlooked the pool and swim up bar. I could see the beach from the 4 th floor. I was on the first floor. That did not matter because I did not spend much time in the room at all. I did not turn the TV on once in 4 days.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the head of the concierge department. His name is Gifford. He was very professional and informative. He checked us in from the lobby lounge as we sipped on Rum punch. He walked us to our rooms and pointed out the fridge, safe, phone, thermastat, etc. We were able to call home for free to the United States.

The hotel room rate includes a full breakfast which was great. The service at breakfast was a little slow. That may just be island time. We are so used to rushing to do everything. The room rate also included kayaking, sail boat rides and a stand up surfboard. A complimentary bottle of champagne came with the room.

The beach was clean and chairs and umbrellas available as part of the room rate. The beach staff was very friendly and courteous each day. A smile and a hello go a long way. There are two pools one for adults only and the other one for everyone. The resort was fully booked but did not seem crowded at all.

I really enjoyed my stay. Overall I would recommend Grace Bay Club. It is pricey but you get what you pay for. They also had a kids club which is convenient for folks with children who are potty trained and age appropriate.

The hotel also has a shuttle for $16 each way to the airport. A taxi is $33 each way.

The only negative comment I have is regarding the breakfast host. My friend paid top dollar to have a wedding at the Grace Bay Club. Some of her guests stayed across the street at the villa del mar. It was half the price. On several days the friends from Villa del mar came over for breakfast and were treated poorly. The breakfast host singled them out and asked what hotel they were in. She did not ask other people. I would suggest just asking for room numbers which they did and those without pay. Do not interrogate customers and future guests.

Room Tip: Rooms in building D on the first floor open to the pool. Building B103 has a nice ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends