“The best relaxation trip we've ever had”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I were in need of a break from work and and some time alone. We got what we were looking for and more. We have been back now for well over 2 weeks and miss GBC like crazy. The rooms here are 2nd to none - very unlike other typical resort rooms. Every morsel of food consumed was fantastic. The staff and the concierge service were amazing. Even if you didn't need them to help out that day they still called a few times to check in and make sure everything was ok. Special thanks to the Godfrey and Kenny team - they were amazing and made our stay even more enjoyable. Kordell by the pool is fantastic and Sam in the estates area was a great help. I usually don't even consider going to the same place twice but this would be the first time. The grounds are gorgeous and the beach is breathtaking.

Do not show up at this resort and expect to cut costs. You have to be willing to put thoughts re: spend aside but it is so well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Another amazing vacation at Grace Bay Club. The staff has the ability of making everyone feel so special. Warm smiles, cold cloths and rum punch greet you as you arrive. Our room awaits us with water and champagne in the frig, and fresh fruit platter. Never a problem getting a chair spot on the beach or pool, Cordell knows what you want and it waits for you every day. Something you need? Just ask and they are happy to please. They walk around with fruit sorbet in the morning....fruit skewers in the afternoon, no need to leave the beach.
Breakfast offers every item you can imagine. AND, if there is something missing...just ask and they will bring it. Ajay has trained his food & beverage staff well and is there to be sure you are happy.
And, for an amazing dining experience, just let Chef Wolfgang prepare a chef's tasting dinner for you. WOW!! We did not want the meal to end. He is an artist.
Had a massage on the beach hut by Sian....it was the best.
The resort is beautiful, amazingly clean and the beach sand is raked every morning and is like silk. GM, Thierry Grandshire certainly is a professional in making Grace Bay Club a 10 star resort. Cannot wait to return to Paradise.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Let me start by saying I joined Trip Advisor to write the review. I get one vacation a year and I spent the week here listening to construction on the beach. Constant construction outside my room and right on the beach. It was ridiculous. And some of the concierge didn't even know it was going on. We were told that the materials were delivered late but that is not my problem. When paying over $1000 a night here and I get to listen to a construction zone for a whole week is out of the question inappropriate. Not only that, we complained 3 times, always getting an offer to be contacted by a manager, never heard from one. The construction closed a bar/restaurant in the property, we were never contacted or told about it. Additionally, there was a wedding one night which closed the other restaurants on the property. We only overheard this due to gossip among the employees. The communication at the resort is awful. We never got any information about any closings, construction, etc.

The private concierge was pretty non-existent. When asked for recommendations about a sail, no one could help us. Additionally, the room we got was not the room we booked. When asked if we could change, they told us they would contact us the next day. Of course, never did hear anything. Overall, the beach is beautiful, spa great, and the some of the people who work there are wonderful. The rooms are nice, as is the property. However, the restaurants on property are not great and the management was sub-par. This is no Ritz, even though the prices are the same. We often felt as other guests were being treated differently, as if our money was somehow not equal to others. I would not stay here again. The beach was the only saving grace.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank DD626
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your recent visit to Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced due to the construction. There is never a good time to undergo construction; however the work had to be carried out. Although we planned our construction dates taking into consideration our peak season, we operate on an island where everything is imported and we unfortunately experienced delays in shipment of building materials.

The noise from the construction occurred on one morning during your stay from 9:00am to 12:00pm. We did our very best to ensure that the noise was at a minimum and feel that the inconvenience was minimal for the work carried out. The restaurant at the Estates was closed during that day however, there were two other restaurants on property available to have lunch.

As you spoke with our Director of Guests Services, Ricky Henry and were room moved right away, we believed that the issue was closed. We are always willing to do what we can to ensure our guests are happy.

Regarding the closure of one of our restaurants to accommodate a wedding, communication was sent to all guest rooms to inform them of the event. Although that restaurant was closed during the evening, two other restaurants were available for our guests wishing to dine.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers and staff for review and action. I can assure you that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule, as you can see in other Trip Advisor comments, we always strive for the best. Our service goals are to anticipate guest needs and to be responsive to those needs on a timely basis.

We value you as a guest and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We do hope that you will return to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire

Reviewed December 19, 2012

After a week's stay at GBC I am almost hesitant to write this review as I'd love to keep this amazing resort all to myself! However, knowing that these reviews reach the masses I feel an obligation to share. The property is gorgeous with unparalleled views/beach and accommodations to match (we stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa with sweeping views from the living area and bedroom)...the food is delicious and presented in a way one would expect from a resort of this caliber (Ajay, the F&B Manager, should be commended on his attention to detail and commitment to quality)...accessibility to town is simply a bike ride away...but what stands out the most in my mind is the staff...FABULOUS! Professional, considerate, knowledgable, good humored, are simply a few words to describe everyone on the property. Most interaction will be with your personal concierge all of whom are dedicated to simply making life simple and fun while at GBC. Franklin (concierge extraordinaire) deserves a special mention in this review as while I'm sure he was simply "doing his job", his impression has made a lasting impression on us. Five star resorts are a direct result of 5 star employees and Franklin certainly upholds these standards on every level (service, personality, attention to detail, and professionalism). In life (and travel) it is said that you get what you pay for...at GBC you may pay for the experience but the memories are priceless! We are looking forward to our return very soon!

Room Tip: Villas D and E are closest to the family poor so if you are traveling with children these are best...
2  Thank JennZig
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited here in 2008 and I've been telling people about the incredible service ever since. I've stayed in wonderful hotels all over the world but that first trip to Grace Bay Club exceeded all my expectations. Not so on our return in December 2012. The service was average at best, especially in the restaurants and at the kid's pool area. And the food was only mediocre. I think it's outrageous to pay such rates and then be treated like a second-class citizen when you show up with a 4-year-old. The kid's pool, by the way, is in desperate need of a face lift - one doesn't usually expect brown stains and mold in the pool at a true "5-star" hotel. And 12 bucks for a chocolate milk? Really??

Room Tip: Rooms in the Estates are better as they are newer but you will also pay more. Best if you get the th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter P
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Regarding kids at our resort, we are a family friendly resort and offer a full service Kids Town program which all of our guests travelling with children are welcome to use. All of our restaurants are kids friendly. During your visit I do know that we did not have many kids in-house, however this does not excuse what you have experienced.

Our chocolate milk is priced at $5.00 per serving. We have reviewed all of your food and beverage charges and our records indicate that on December 10th at the Pool Bar you ordered a milkshake at a cost of $8.00.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers and staff for review and action. We value you as a guest and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I just got back from an amazing 5 night stay at the Estates in the Grace Bay Club. The GBC has all the things that you look for in a great beach resort - beautiful, comfortable rooms, wonderful amenities, beautiful beach location, and fantastic pools. But what separates this little paradise from other resorts is the amazing personal service. During our stay, Korey, Boda, and Gifford really made our trip special. We were amazed how well these guys transitioned from shift to shift - when one would begin setting you up with an activity the other would know exactly what was planned. What is also so impressive is how at ease and comfortable the guys from the personal concierge staff handle such a high level of dedicated service. At no point do you feel that it is over bearing or pushy - they are there as much or as little as you want them to be. From recommending dinner spots and setting reservations to setting up a Jeep Wrangler for a day to go explore the island - they were on top of it. When the taxi service to the airport on our departure had overbooked, Gifford calmly was able to get another cab at GBC within a few minutes.

Other great little things about the GBC: free long distance calling to anywhere in the US, afternoon tea time, free breakfast daily, free water brought to your room, 2x a day maid service and the free access to the kayaks and catamaran sails on the beach. The gentlemen on the beach that helps with the kayaks/sails was great. Even after I managed to flip my sail boat, he encouraged and worked with with me to get back up and give it another shot which i am very happy i did.

As far as complaints - not many. And anything mentioned here is pretty marginal and more offered as feedback to the resort. While the free breakfast buffet is a nice touch, I feel like the quality of the food could be improved a bit with only a little of effort. The items such as pancakes, french toast and eggs benedict appear to sit out for quite awhile causing them to be not very fresh/appetizing. And with respect to the bar drinks, at $15 a pop I expect them to be much better - sometimes a very weak mix/pour. Especially considering a whole bottle of rum in the airport duty free can be 15-20 bucks.

All and all, a great vacation. Love the place and friendly staff and cant wait to get back. Wish the best to Korey, Gifford, and Boda.

P Bauer

2  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Before I sat down to write this review of GBC I thought to myself: I could write about how beautiful the beach was, how well kept the property was with the beautiful swimming pools, or how immaculate my suite was, the complimentary cell-phone and in-room wi-fi, great food at the restaurants, drinks, etc. etc. But I thought it would be better to talk about the one person that made my trip worth every penny: Godfrey. From the beginning till the end of my stay I was graced with his impeccable customer service. His dazzling smile and upbeat attitude made my day each time I saw him. I never had to call Godfrey because he was always a step ahead, it was almost like he could read my mind. He kept me busy with a new adventure everyday and since I’d mentioned to him that I was a “foodie”, he made sure I tried a different restaurant each night. He was very knowledgeable about the island which was great. It made my learning experience better than just reading about it in a magazine or pamphlet. There was no task to big or too small for him and I could tell that he took pride and pleasure in everything he did by his willingness to serve and his demeanor. His dedicated and hardworking character not only helped me appreciate him as a person but the resort as well. He was truly GOD sent. I can honestly say that on my last day there I was deeply saddened because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to see his smile or hear his cheery voice again. I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to meet and be treated so wonderfully by Godfrey. He is a very kind-hearted, genuine and unique individual. As I said goodbye and thanked him for all he had done, I thought quietly to myself: Next year’s vacation spot: GBC…Personal Concierge: Godfrey…Problem solved

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo