“A rare gem...”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed December 19, 2012

After a week's stay at GBC I am almost hesitant to write this review as I'd love to keep this amazing resort all to myself! However, knowing that these reviews reach the masses I feel an obligation to share. The property is gorgeous with unparalleled views/beach and accommodations to match (we stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa with sweeping views from the living area and bedroom)...the food is delicious and presented in a way one would expect from a resort of this caliber (Ajay, the F&B Manager, should be commended on his attention to detail and commitment to quality)...accessibility to town is simply a bike ride away...but what stands out the most in my mind is the staff...FABULOUS! Professional, considerate, knowledgable, good humored, are simply a few words to describe everyone on the property. Most interaction will be with your personal concierge all of whom are dedicated to simply making life simple and fun while at GBC. Franklin (concierge extraordinaire) deserves a special mention in this review as while I'm sure he was simply "doing his job", his impression has made a lasting impression on us. Five star resorts are a direct result of 5 star employees and Franklin certainly upholds these standards on every level (service, personality, attention to detail, and professionalism). In life (and travel) it is said that you get what you pay for...at GBC you may pay for the experience but the memories are priceless! We are looking forward to our return very soon!

Room Tip: Villas D and E are closest to the family poor so if you are traveling with children these are best...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennZig
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited here in 2008 and I've been telling people about the incredible service ever since. I've stayed in wonderful hotels all over the world but that first trip to Grace Bay Club exceeded all my expectations. Not so on our return in December 2012. The service was average at best, especially in the restaurants and at the kid's pool area. And the food was only mediocre. I think it's outrageous to pay such rates and then be treated like a second-class citizen when you show up with a 4-year-old. The kid's pool, by the way, is in desperate need of a face lift - one doesn't usually expect brown stains and mold in the pool at a true "5-star" hotel. And 12 bucks for a chocolate milk? Really??

Room Tip: Rooms in the Estates are better as they are newer but you will also pay more. Best if you get the th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter P
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your recent visit to Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

Regarding kids at our resort, we are a family friendly resort and offer a full service Kids Town program which all of our guests travelling with children are welcome to use. All of our restaurants are kids friendly. During your visit I do know that we did not have many kids in-house, however this does not excuse what you have experienced.

Our chocolate milk is priced at $5.00 per serving. We have reviewed all of your food and beverage charges and our records indicate that on December 10th at the Pool Bar you ordered a milkshake at a cost of $8.00.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers and staff for review and action. We value you as a guest and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I just got back from an amazing 5 night stay at the Estates in the Grace Bay Club. The GBC has all the things that you look for in a great beach resort - beautiful, comfortable rooms, wonderful amenities, beautiful beach location, and fantastic pools. But what separates this little paradise from other resorts is the amazing personal service. During our stay, Korey, Boda, and Gifford really made our trip special. We were amazed how well these guys transitioned from shift to shift - when one would begin setting you up with an activity the other would know exactly what was planned. What is also so impressive is how at ease and comfortable the guys from the personal concierge staff handle such a high level of dedicated service. At no point do you feel that it is over bearing or pushy - they are there as much or as little as you want them to be. From recommending dinner spots and setting reservations to setting up a Jeep Wrangler for a day to go explore the island - they were on top of it. When the taxi service to the airport on our departure had overbooked, Gifford calmly was able to get another cab at GBC within a few minutes.

Other great little things about the GBC: free long distance calling to anywhere in the US, afternoon tea time, free breakfast daily, free water brought to your room, 2x a day maid service and the free access to the kayaks and catamaran sails on the beach. The gentlemen on the beach that helps with the kayaks/sails was great. Even after I managed to flip my sail boat, he encouraged and worked with with me to get back up and give it another shot which i am very happy i did.

As far as complaints - not many. And anything mentioned here is pretty marginal and more offered as feedback to the resort. While the free breakfast buffet is a nice touch, I feel like the quality of the food could be improved a bit with only a little of effort. The items such as pancakes, french toast and eggs benedict appear to sit out for quite awhile causing them to be not very fresh/appetizing. And with respect to the bar drinks, at $15 a pop I expect them to be much better - sometimes a very weak mix/pour. Especially considering a whole bottle of rum in the airport duty free can be 15-20 bucks.

All and all, a great vacation. Love the place and friendly staff and cant wait to get back. Wish the best to Korey, Gifford, and Boda.

P Bauer

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Before I sat down to write this review of GBC I thought to myself: I could write about how beautiful the beach was, how well kept the property was with the beautiful swimming pools, or how immaculate my suite was, the complimentary cell-phone and in-room wi-fi, great food at the restaurants, drinks, etc. etc. But I thought it would be better to talk about the one person that made my trip worth every penny: Godfrey. From the beginning till the end of my stay I was graced with his impeccable customer service. His dazzling smile and upbeat attitude made my day each time I saw him. I never had to call Godfrey because he was always a step ahead, it was almost like he could read my mind. He kept me busy with a new adventure everyday and since I’d mentioned to him that I was a “foodie”, he made sure I tried a different restaurant each night. He was very knowledgeable about the island which was great. It made my learning experience better than just reading about it in a magazine or pamphlet. There was no task to big or too small for him and I could tell that he took pride and pleasure in everything he did by his willingness to serve and his demeanor. His dedicated and hardworking character not only helped me appreciate him as a person but the resort as well. He was truly GOD sent. I can honestly say that on my last day there I was deeply saddened because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to see his smile or hear his cheery voice again. I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to meet and be treated so wonderfully by Godfrey. He is a very kind-hearted, genuine and unique individual. As I said goodbye and thanked him for all he had done, I thought quietly to myself: Next year’s vacation spot: GBC…Personal Concierge: Godfrey…Problem solved

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lori B
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my very first trip to Turks and Caicos. I had no idea what paradise really was, until I saw this place! There was a total of 9 of us in our group, all family. We were greeted at the door with fresh towels and rum punch at the arrival to the resort. Our concierge, Vernon, immediately welcomed us, and took us around the property. He gave us a cell phone to call him if we needed anything. and I mean ANYTHING! The other concierge, Willah Gray, was there when Vernon wasnt. The two of them made our trip memorable. They were always friendly, always helpful and always available! I cant speak highly enough of them! The resort was very clean and the staff took very good care of our room. The staff working out on the beach deck, Jerry and Chris, were extremely nice too. We enjoyed the amenities of the resort, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling and biking around the island! It is a WONDERFUL resort that I recommend highly! We also did a half day trip of snorkeling - and it was amazing! Definitely worth the money - We used Island Tours - Mo and Tino - were our guides and they kept us laughing and having a really great time! Everyone loved them!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michellelvsbeach
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place is perfect for families with young kids. We had a GREAT concierge named Willah who was so nice, friendly and easy! We were given a cell phone upon our arrival to reach Willah whenever we needed to so he could arrange any activities we wanted to enjoy, like snorkel trips, horseback riding, jet skiing, restaurant reservations. He was so nice and we really felt spoiled by him, not to mention his gentle and kind spirit. Our room was very large, ocean and pool front. Mary our maid took excellent care of our room and she was always smiling. The resort gave you free bottled water everywhere you went, which was nice b/c it was so hot. Pauline at the The Rum Bar was so friendly and made the BEST Rum Punch. Chris our beach-side server was friendly and the large comfy beachfront cabanas were complimentary, which was nice since most resorts charge for those. We especially loved Marc the guy who worked the beach activity hut - he took us out on the Hobie Cat twice and he was so nice and friendly. The beach activity hut also had paddle boards, boogie boards and kayaks, all again which were complimentary. Margaret and Edith were so great with the kids in the Kids Club, which had complimentary fun, interesting ideas daily from 9am to 1pm so mom and dad could enjoy some alone time. The rooms also offered complimentary international calls, which was such a treat, so we called our friends and loved ones daily. Also, breakfast was complimentary daily. The only negative I can say is that we didn't LOVE the food at this resort, although we had one very nice & tasty meal at Anaconda. But the folks that worked here were so welcoming and we thoroughly enjoyed our week stay there. Also, Nelia at the front desk always had a smile and Sion in the spa gave one of the BEST massages I have ever had. Thank you Grace Bay Club!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was both pool and ocean front - the only downside was there was a f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

we stayed in a 1st floor junior suite - king size bed (very comfortable mattress), large bathroom including soaker tub, covered patio with a very nice view of the ocean. there are several pools and a beautiful beach with comfy beach chairs. the room came with a mini fridge that the staff filled with bottled water every day. delicious complimentary breakfast. each room is assigned a personal concierge. you receive a cell phone and can call your concierge whenever you need something. every staff member we came into contact with was friendly and personable. also, free calls to the US from your room which was great since paying for cell phone roaming in TCI is very expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends