“I didn't want to leave...”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“I didn't want to leave...”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Grace Bay Club is definitey top notch. The accomodations and grounds are quite beautiful and in excellent shape - NOTHING is run down, and I consider myself to be very critical. The staff treats you very well, no expenses spared, from welcoming bottle of champagne and fruit plate, full breakfast included, to free cell phone with a direct dial to your concierge, all free calls from your room to anywhere of course. The whole place is set-up for free wi-fi (even works on the beach). For the money you're not getting any better. The only downside is the restaurants are quite expensive, but everything on the island is expensive (except Jimmy's Dive Bar! - that place is fun for a casual night).
We were even there during Hurricane Sandy (just got back) and they were able to make our trip phenomenal. We'll be back! (just not during hurricane season next time!)

2 Thank John L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and two other couples returned to Grace Bay Club for a third time. That in itself relays how much we love it there. As always the staff could not have been more wonderful. Mr. Granshire the GM, was there to greet us and made sure all our accommodations were first class. Angella made sure our favorite rooms were ready and Godfrey, Franklin and Berg, our personal concierge staff were always ready and willing to make our stay as enjoyable and as stress free as possible..

The food was extraordinary as was the service of the many venues for dinning. Garth was always ready with a drink and a smile and Ajay and Georgette, were always there to oversee that all our needs were met.

I really could go on and on, but to sum it up, if you like to be pampered, not be over run by hundreds of the regular crowd, treated like a royal and awaken every morning to pure paradise, then the Grace Bay Club is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for Angella and tell her Brian sent you. They are all terrific rooms, no worries there.
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just returned from Grace Bay Club after a spectacular week. The resort is breath-taking. The grounds are beautiful, the beach was awesome. The staff were great, very friendly and accomodating. We really likes the concept of the "personal" conceirge and the cell phone idea. No other resort in which we have stayed offered this service, really great perk.
We hope to return to Grace Bay Club in the future,it is now one of our top destinations.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary at Grace Bay Club. It was the best decision we've ever made. This hotel leaves you speechless, from the beautiful views, to the excellent staff service we truly enjoyed our stay there. The bars were stocked with name brand liquor, not generic like some hotels. The food was out of this world. We really enjoyed the snorkling and excursion that was set up for us by Godfrey. His upbeat attitude and his infectious smile made my wife and I feel at home. He went far beyond expectations with setting up everything. The turndown setup was so romantic, it got the seal of approval from my wife(happy tears) who made me swear not to forget to mention it in our review. The hotel itself is nothing without its staff so when there are staff that stand out because of their remarkable customer service, they should be praised. Because of this wonderful experience, we will be back for our next anniversary.....

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have recently returned from a blissful stay at the Grace Bay Estates and can't believe we have to return to reality. This resort has become - hands down - one of our TOP favorite places. First, the location itself is pure perfection - white powder sand beach with perfect water temperature and stunning views all around. Secondly, the resort itself is spectacular offering a variety of food outlets, pool areas with perfect lounging areas and the beach area offers a plethora of complimentary water sports as well as relaxing little havens... "hello little red flag that when lifted makes drinks/food appear!" We stayed on the Estate side which is newer and I cannot say enough about how thrilled we were with the room size, design and overall offerings (outdoor shower on the balcony - a PLUS). Then you have the most amazingly, attentive staff on earth that from the first time you step foot on their property to welcome you with a cold, scented towelette to freshen up along with a rum punch to the everyday whims and wants.. you just can't go ask for more - can you? Well, they provide it for you in the form of PERSONAL CONCIERGES easily accessible via your own personal mobile phone. We had the luck - and blessing - of having Gifford and Julio who were truly amazing. Gifford in particular was ready to take on any challenge and deliver with a smile... I believe he is a magical being. The General Manager is superbly attentive and very welcoming with a keen eye to ensure no detail was missed and his energy and hospitality is shared by all; we loved the F&B Director who tirelessly welcomed all the guests at each meal. The Infinity Bar was such a wonderful treat to enjoy pre or post dinner cocktails and the drinks are delicious! Each restaurant had delicious offerings (sometimes a bit pricey). One not to miss is the Tuna Nicoise at Krave - wow... though we are still talking about the lobster hot dog (not sure that works). I do think they should offer some additional pasta dishes to quench urges of seafood WITH pasta. :) The breakfast is just really so very delicious and is the afternoon tea. We also visited the Spa and truly enjoyed the services there (small but the massage was excellent). The gym is good enough for what you need though I wish it was closer to the water for views and colder in temperature.
I can go on for quite a while and can honestly say that there's not one thing that really comes to mind except -- when can I go back and stay here again!! This place is a MUST because from the property, to the offerings, to the food and specially the staff has achieved heavenly status.

1 Thank WonderousTraveler
New Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed a week in the hotel on the third floor [beautiful suite and stunning views], which was apparently a free upgrade for us, due to the time of year and it being their 'quiet' season.
I have read several of the recent reviews on TripAdvisor and concur with most of what is being said. For that reason I will not simply repeat what others have mentioned about great, but slightly pricey, food at the hotel or local restaurants. The prices are in line with what you would expect to pay at a resort such as this. The nice touches, such as glass of punch on arrival, free water bottles throughout, free snacks in the afternoon, free use of bicycles and kayaks, free cellphone to our concierge etc. are also covered well by other people.
What I want to concentrate on is service. Poor service can ruin an otherwise beautiful vacation. Good service can make an OK vacation seem good. Great service can make any vacation seem great. What we experienced at Grace Bay Club was nothing more than truly exceptional service. As we already were having a relaxing and delightful week at the fantastic hotel [incredible pools], gorgeous beach etc, this made it the best vacation we had ever had. What do I mean by exceptional service? I am not just referring to the attention we received, which in itself was timely and always professional. I mean that every single person we encountered, whether it be management, concierge, front desk staff, wait staff, kitchen staff, bar staff, facility staff, cleaners, all made us think that we were the most important people at the resort and that they were genuinely pleased to see us, and help or serve us. I am sure that we were not simply picked out for special treatment and they treat all guests just as well. They called us by our names unfailingly, looked happy to be there with us, and went out of their way to talk to us about what we liked and also were proud to talk to us about their own countries of origin. We looked forward with anticipation each day to having conversations with the staff, and by the time that we had to depart felt that they were 'old friends'. Was this all genuine? I would say absolutely yes, as my profession meant that I had to judge people's character and truthfulness. The choice of such appropriate staff has to be down to the attention to detail that the management [Thierry and Monique] puts on service excellence. Both Thierry and Monique themselves make a point of welcoming feedback from staff and mingle with then frequently, not only at the weekly cocktail reception but also when they are in the breakfast bar area or having a quiet drink with their own friends in an evening. I always felt that my comments and praise were important to them and that they really wanted our vacation to be the best that they could make it for us, and to keep making improvements for future guests.
Although it is possibly unfair to select anyone for special praise, as everyone was deserving of this, look out for Gregory. He is charming, articulate, friendly, humorous and helpful. I felt that if we had been there any longer he might invite us out for dinner at his own house! I have never felt so positive about service before, at any hotel or resort, and I highly commend Grace Bay Club and its staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Countyarrow1
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Grace Bay Club may be a bit expensive but it is worth it. Great location with a beautiful beach and the water in TCI is unbelievably beautiful. The service at GBC is top notch. You are given a small phone that you push a button and you connect with one of your two concierge contacts. The food is very good and shopping and additional dining are available in walking distance or with one of the bicycles they have available to go for a ride (you can also ride a bike to the golf course). My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary there with a private beach excursion and dinner on the beach. It was awesome. They will stock your fridge for a delivery fee but it would be nice if they had a small shop to buy toiletries, snacks, etc. I would recommend hitting the local supermarket (can take a bike there) to stock up on some items given the cost (for example, a Coke was $4-5 at the pool bar). The spa was undergoing rennovations, the temporary spa was fine. It was a fantastic trip and everyone there is extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
The Regent Grand
#7 of 44 in Providenciales
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!