“Beautiful place, great potential but somewhat disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“Beautiful place, great potential but somewhat disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my second trip to Providenciales in less than a year (which just shows how amazing this place is!). My first trip I stayed at the Gansevoort Hotel with friends but decided to try the Grace Bay Club because of the great reviews (and I wanted to try something different). The concierge is friendly and inviting once you first enter the resort and explains to you their personal concierge system. Maybe because I went alone this time, I felt this personal concierge system was a bit overbearing. They kept checking up on me, even when I put up a do not disturb sign on my door. But my room had a great view of the ocean and was very spacious. But unlike the Gansevoort, I did see a lot of bugs (got bit in several places while i was sleeping) and there was an accumulation of dust and hair in the corners. I ordered room service the first night and it took a good 20 minutes to place my order because no one would pick up the phone! The concierge then was not very helpful, although they were very nice. The food was disappointing, it was very salty and heavy on the sauce (what a shame, because I really wanted to taste the amazing seafood flavors I had on my first trip). Also, they tack on so many different fees on your room service order. My order came out to about $33 (I was eating alone and no drinks) but the total came out to $52. Even with the 11% government tax 10% service charge and the $4 delivery charge, this doesnt really add up. I should have checked the bill, but they bring you the food without a table, and I wanted to relieve the nice man and took the dishes from him and signed the bill absentmindedly. The next couple of days were heaven, enjoying the beach, but I honestly enjoyed the beach better at the Gansevoort. The chairs they set up on the beach are just pool chairs with towels over them, compared to the big lush chairs at the Gansevoort. Also, be careful of their big umbrellas they set up on the beach. I thought it would provide semi-decent shade (given my past experience at the Gansevoort), that I did not wear a hat underneath it while I rested and ended up getting a severe burn. I realized now the flimsy white material on the umbrella (it also had some holes in it) should not have been trusted. Also the breakfast buffet which was supposed to start at 7am was not ready when I went down to eat at 7:05. I ended up being able to order an omelette 30 minutes later. I noshed on some decent fruit and mediocre pastries while i waited. The selection is sub par and service was very slow (sometimes I would have to wait 15-20 minutes just to flag down someone to take my order) at the restaurant for breakfast or for snacks when down by the beach and the pool. But, Grace Bay does have a great policy about free phone calls to the US and allowing guests to borrow dvds and books. My checkout experience was great, they had already called a taxi for me to go to the airport, but one minor complaint. I was told the cab fare would be $15 if I share with someone else and $30 if I go alone. They had already charged $30 to my room for the cab fare and so I assumed I'd be in the cab alone, but at the very last minute, they put other guests in the cab. I don't mind sharing the cab (I mean I would save money!), but I did not appreciate being charged $30 and then at the last minute, having to share the cab so I wouldn't even be able to talk to the concierge about that charge since I had already paid my bill and signed it. Oh also, make sure to pack a hair dryer, they do not offer one. All in all, the majority of the staff at the Gracy Bay Club was very friendly, the hotel itself is beautiful, but I was a bit disappointed with my stay here. Next time I will go to the Gansevoort or splurge at Parrot Cay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank hmc2012
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your thoughts on your recent visit at Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities.

We are terribly sorry for what you experienced with service and tardiness at breakfast, room service and the manner in which your airport transfer was handled. Accordingly we have refunded your credit card $30.00 for the cost of the transfer and $51.77 the total amount of your room service bill. However we reviewed your room service bill and everything charged was as you ordered, you also left a $7.00 tip and signed the bill.

In addition to the beach chairs, as I am sure you saw, we also have 30 large day beds. Our day beds are complimentary and covered similar to a private cabana for our guests to enjoy anytime. This is the first time we have had a complaint regarding holes in our umbrellas or their quality. Our umbrellas do not contain holes. We advise our guests to use sunscreen even if they are lying under the umbrellas to avoid sunburn particularly during the summer months when it is extremely hot outside.

The Turks and Caicos Islands are tropical and as on all tropical islands, there are mosquitoes here. We fog our property regularly for mosquitoes and ask our guests to use the screens to prevent mosquitoes entering their rooms.

We are sorry you found our personal concierge overbearing. Our personal concierge gives guests a cellular phone to check in on them and ensure that their needs are being met during their stay. They do not need to knock on guest room doors.

We do have hairdryers for our guests and I apologize that you did not have one in your suite. This is where having a personal concierge is an advantage as they are at your disposal to provide whatever you may need during your stay.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers and staff for review and action. I can assure you that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule, as you can see in other Trip Advisor comments, we always strive for the best. Our service goals are to anticipate guests’ needs and to be responsive to those needs on a timely basis. We value you as a guest and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We do hope that you will return to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We are currently staying at the Grace Bay Club on our honeymoon and both Provo and the hotel are amazing. The island is idealic, amazing seas and beaches. The hotel is just fantastic, great beach front location, superb facilities and the staff are really helpful and can't do enough to make your stay perfect. I would highly recommend this place and the island. If you want peace and quite early September is the time to come, we've had the pool pretty much to ourselves all week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband & I just got back from an 8 day stay at this beautiful resort. We have traveled extensively looking for the perfect island paradise spot and both of us believe that we have found it in the Grace Bay Club. A driver picked us up at the airport and after dropping off 2 couples we arrived to a gracious reception at GBC. Cold towels and rum punch :) We then were introduced to one of our 2 concierges who would take care of us for the duration of our stay. We chose a smaller unit as we don't spend much time in our room except for sleeping and showering. It was clean, big, nicely decorated and had a gorgeous view overlooking the pool and ocean. Big bath sheets, robes and Elemis bath products were excellent. Loved the personal concierge service. Everything u need is a phone call away and small things like ice...2 minutes! A HUGE thank you to Chris who works the towels and beach drinks. He was so wonderful to us and knew exactly when we needed him. What a gem:) The restaurant is romantic. Food is 5 star good. Bar is sexy, cool & fun. And finally...My husband and I caught a bug on the 6th day. (No fault of the resort!) Vernon (our concierge) not only set up an appt w/ the local Dr., he drove us and offered to wait til we were done. We were in/out and had prescriptions filled within an hour. He checked on us to make sure we were OK and had every thing we needed periodically. The entire staff was lovely, warm, welcoming. Turks & Caicos have the sweetest people on the planet. Thank You Vernon & Willau for making our trip the best vacation EVER. We can't wait to return and hope to see your smiling faces again. Big Luv!

Room Tip: 4th floor has great views...but all the rooms do! Can't review the spa as it was having some re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This resort exceeded our expectations! We had spent a lot of time deciding where to go on our honeymoon, and finally decided on Providenciales, Grace Bay Resort. Upon arrival, we were warmly welcomed by our concierge, offered drinks, and given a tour of the resort. We ended the tour by entering our rooms where our luggage was waiting for us.

We were given a great deal of information, and a cell phone to use while staying at the resort. This put us in contact with our 2 personal concierges, who were there to help us with anything we may need.

We decided to contact Jazmine and inquire about setting up dinner reservations. She met with us asap and set up dinner for all 10 nights we were there including 4 excursions. An itinerary was left on our night stand that night when we returned from dinner indicating everything that had been planned.

Franklin often checked in with us as he made his rounds around the resort. He was always ready to help us if needed, and offered his expertise in more ways then one.

Jazmine and Franklin were always quick to answer our calls, and respond to all our needs, no matter how minor or major they may have been. We couldn't have asked for two better individuals to guide us through our stay!

We realized the type of care we had at this resort, when on day 4 of our trip, we realized we forgot the battery charger for our camera. We called Jazmine from the pool, and explained the situation. Within an hour, she was back at the pool, with a charger in hand for our camera battery. Now that's service!

Everyone on staff went above an beyond to get to know your name, and even remember your favorite drink choice! We had hand delivered drinks by Mark on the beach and at the pool, and the views couldn't have been more gorgeous.

We loved that there was an Adult Only pool area, where children were not allowed. It cut down on the noise, and really allowed us to have some peace and enjoy our surroundings.

This is a place that can be fully booked, and you still feel like your the only ones at the resort. We are so thrilled with the Grace Bay Resort, and can't wait to plan a trip back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great service and great people. We had a great time and we will definitely return.
The accomodations and service were superb.
We met Emmanuel Duncanson by the pool / beach. He was so terrific and so helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is beyond our expectations. Our family knew we were going to a resort but wow did the accomodations and the Grace Bay beach views blow us away! We felt like millionnaires! The suite was luxurious with a kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances. Heavenly beds and showers with a view of the beach. It was hard to come home! The staff is very attentive and makes you feel like you are only person they are attending to. The General Manager of the property makes his rounds and introduces himself. That was very impressive. I can't say that that has happened at any other vacation hotel we've stayed at. Kudos to attentive service! The breakfast buffet had a huge variety of food choices that please the adults and also the finiky teenagers. We especially enjoyed the warm greeting Sherlyne gave us each morning when she made the most spectacular fully & delicious omelets! I wish we could take her home with us! Berg, our personal concerige also took good care of us arranging a fabulous snorkel trip on the Island Vibes boat and dinner reservations around town. We also enjoyed all of the sports equipment available for use on the beach. The teenagers loved learning to paddleboard, using the kayak and going out on the Hobie Cats. After a fun day at the beach the teenagers also discovered their new favorite passtime...the afternoon tea & snacks provided. The kids want to continue this tradition at home. Grace Bay provided an enjoyable relaxing atomosphere for our vacation and we made some great memories there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TallAquarius
wayne, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location is clean, luxurious, and comfortable. I highly recommend based on location to the beach
, restaurants, casino, and many activities. Quality food on the property. Several nice restaurants within walking distance as well. Leave time to have cocktails at the resort on the longest bar in the Caribbean. K

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple