“Memorable sail to pop the question” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sail Beluga

Sail Beluga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure, romance, snorkeling, sunsets, you'll find it all aboard Sail Beluga. The longest running and most experienced sailing charter vessel in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
NYC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Memorable sail to pop the question”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

Just returned from a week at TCI.
After reading the great reviews on this site, I decided to take an afternoon/sunset sail with Captain Tim. I'm so glad I did. He picked me and girlfriend up, drove us to his boat, and then we set sail. He took us snorkeling and guided us the whole way. Then he sailed around grace bay while the sun slowly set. He had music playing, and set out wine & food.
The setting was so romantic that I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She thankfully agreed, Tim broke out the champagne, and we had a memorable sail along the bay. The music was loud and the sun set right in the distance.
So glad we chose to sail with Captain Tim. Would love to do an anniversary cruise with him someday!

3 Thank ezschaef

nyc
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a great sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

Capt Tim and the Beluga saved us from what seemed an island that doesnt want to go sailing.We enjoy sailing catamarans,and go quite a bit.Tims knowledge and pride in his immaculate catamaran is very evident.We enjoyed his attitude as well as his knowldege of the islands .At first glance it seems a bit pricey,but for a private chater I found it quite reasonable.He was very prompt returning our inquiries,something lacking from the other sail companies.His boat as well as his dog schooner were a delight.I would recomend to anyone in Turks on vacation to go visit him for a day

1 Thank vicskis
Los Angeles
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Great Sailing on the Beluga!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

The Beluga, Captain Tim and trusty canine - Schooner - made for a FABULOUS day of sailing in the Turks! Captain Tim knows all the great spots to go for snorkeling, relaxing and enjoying some libations (on the sailboat, of course). This was one of the highlights of our trip to Providenciales. I highly recommend it. Sailing on the Beluga is a unique experience, as it's not a touristy, regimented activity. Captain Tim lets you decide what you'd like to do (the snorkeling was exceptional), where you'd like to go and is full of information about the islands and great stories! He is very charming, fun and has a zest for life! He also has an impressive music collection. He let my boyfriend sail the Beluga for almost an hour, while we sipped cocktails and listened to BBC session recordings of Led Zeppelin with the sun going down on one side and the full moon coming up on the other! Amazing! Of course, he lets you select the music you prefer if Led Zeppelin isn't your style! The only thing I would caution is that this adventure is not cheap. Those of you on budgets might find it costly. However, if you want to splurge, the Beluga is worth it!

2 Thank Katmo1864
CT, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful afternoon sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

We did the afternoon sail, and had a wonderful time. Captain Tim escorted us for enjoyable snorkeling, then we sailed around a few small islands as the sun set. Tim was enjoyable company, and knowledgeable about the islands. It was very relaxing, the best afternoon we had during our trip.

Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Most amazing experience on our TCI trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

We saved the sailing trip with Tim for last on our honeymoon trip to TCI. We were referred to him by a friend, and cannot even describe how wonderful our experience was. We sailed from 2-7:30pm and enjoyed every minute. We were even fortunate enough to spend 2 hours with JoJo the famed dolphin....he seems to love Cpt. Tim and his boat. We anchored off shore and swam with JoJo and had an amazing time. I would highly recommend taking a day to sail with Sail Beluga....it will be the highlight of your trip!

-Atlanta, GA