“Always A Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail Beluga

Sail Beluga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure, romance, snorkeling, sunsets, you'll find it all aboard Sail Beluga. The longest running and most experienced sailing charter vessel in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Always A Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My Family and I sailed with Captain Tim during our recent annual trip to Turks & Caicos.

We sailed on the afternoon cruise on June 25, 2011.

We always have a great time on the Beluga. I think this was either or fourth or fifth year sailing with Captain Tim so he must be doing something right.

On this cruise we opted to skip the reef snorkeling and sailed to the beginning of North Caicos, stopping at Fort George Cay on the way back for some swimming and snorkeling for sand dollars off the beach.

We will be back again next year.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank JTB1

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“passionate about T&C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Had a great sail with Capt Tim. He was passionate about the reef and T&C. The rum punch was to die for and was plentiful. Point to note is that you are on the open water all day - so bring sunscreen as little shade.

Thanks Tim for a great day

1 Thank Collindivecrew
New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This charter is a "MUST DO" when in Provo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Five of us (two adults and three teens, ages 19-21) were lucky enough to sail with Captain Tim and First Mate Schooner on May 26th for the 2 p.m. to sunset cruise and couldn't have asked for a more wonderful time!

Captain Tim was a most gracious host who provided us with knowledge we wouldn't have gotten anywhere else, super great food, and phenominal drinks! - watch out - his rum punch is a killer.

The day was magnificent with not a drop of rain (even though we had showers every other day). I believe Captain Tim had something to do with this! I have some pictures below.

The Beluga is beautiful, well-kept, and very comfortable boat. Basically it is a laid-back kinda of day with suggestions made by Captain Tim, but no set itinerary unless you want it. The way that Captain Tim describes it is, "the boat is yours for the day!"

We were brought to some awesome dive and snorkel sites that were off the beaten path. I saw fish and reef life that was simply amazing. Captain Tim was able to let us know what we had seen and even has a book onboard to help as well.

I laughed to myself seeing the "overcrowded" snorkel tourist boats passing us by with 25+ people onboard stuffed in like sardines and the carribean music blasting. Don't get me wrong, those boats are alot of fun, but you will definitely not have the same experience or (in my opinion) the personal attention that you receive on a private charter of The Beluga!

We then sailed to some of the smaller, private islands and, again, Captain Tim was able to answer all our questions, point out things you would never get in a guide book, and provide us with a unique experience. We went snorkeling again for starfish and sand dollars which we saw many, but left the living ones behind.

The day ended with fabulous food, wicked drinks, a KILLER sunset, and Pink Floyd (my husband's choice!) on the stereo system. It was heaven on earth!

I was a little concerned at first that the kids would not have as good a time as my husband and I, but I was completely wrong and they let me know it.

I do have to tell you the truth and let you know that there was only one bad part about the whole Beluga experience - that was having to get off the boat after the sun had set when we docked - it meant we had to go back to reality!

1 Thank Bermudabarb
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Giant lobster, swirling fish, sunset, wind, and the Admiral”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

My wife and I chartered Captain Tim's 40 foot catamaran for the 2pm-sunset trip. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, with many positives. During our snorkel we saw an enormous lobster, which Tim said was also larger than any lobster he'd seen. Also some very playful fish that let us get close while they were doing some kind of swirling mating dance swimming in circles. Very cool. Drinks and snacks (excellent Brie, bread, hummus) were served (this is not a dinner cruise). I loved lying in the webbing between the two hulls, a foot or two above the water, especially while we were sailing (no motor sounds, only wind and water). Do be aware that Tim's dog Admiral Schooner will be part of the cruise, and he sits on the furniture or on the deck nestled up against your feet, with or without permission, so this is not a good choice for folks who don't want to share the experience with a "potcake" (island dog). Tim has a wealth of information and opinions, and may spend part of the cruise sharing them with you (fine for us, that's one reason we chose the Beluga). There was also plenty of silent time with just the ocean sounds and some background music.

1 Thank Good2GoTogether
Ann Arbor, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Best Part of our Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

My husband and I and another couple sailed with Capt. Tim last week and we had an amazing time. He was very professional, knowledgeable and a great teacher. He also likes to goof around and joke. If you are someone that takes yourself too seriously, then this isn't the cruise for you. If you want to loosen up and have a great time, and listen to some 'salty dog' stories, then this is the perfect thing for you to do.

His dog, Admiral Schooner, is adorable. He knew his way around the boat better than I did! Capt. Tim took us snorkeling and it was nice having a guide that knew what he was doing, and then we sailed around and watched an amazing sunset.

His boat is gorgeous and very comfortable. He provided us with anything we wanted to drink, and a nice snack spread. He made us the BEST rum punches, which is a secret recipe that is only to be learned if you sail Beluga!

His prices were quite reasonable, especially compared to others out there. We paid $700 plus a tip for a 5 hour cruise, including alcohol, snacks, snorkeling and a great sunset.

I would highly recommend this tour, it is something that you will never forget!

1 Thank MichiganMandy