“Great For For Family's with Adult Children!”

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great For For Family's with Adult Children!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family and I have overwhelmingly agreed, which never happens, that this was everything that we had hoped it would be, and more! We stayed seven glorious days! The greeting you get when you arrive is lovely, cool towels and a lovely fresh drink. My "children" are 25 and 18 and this turned out to be the perfect place for us. Not too kiddish and not too romantic. We got a corner 3BR unit that faced the breathtakingly beautiful ocean. The decor was very chic and contemporary. My son, who is 25, especially enjoyed that his room had a private balcony and entrance/exit. I had read some reviews about the restaurant there that were not so great, regarding price of the lunch food, and that the dinner food was not up to par. Well, the lunch food is not cheap, $20 for a lunch sandwich is steep and add a soda or a cocktail at $15 a pop and you have a pretty pricey lunch. With that said though, the food was excellent and the drinks were very, very good. You can eat it in the little cafe by the beach, or they will bring it to you at the pool, or they will bring it to you on the beach or you can have it sent to your room. Stelle, the restaurant at the Gansvoort, I personally thought, was very good. It too is on the pricey side but it was very good. We ate there several times, once was the special beach side dinner with a bon fire. It was an amazing evening. They also delivered dinner to our room one evening because we were too tired to go out. They have a daily special cocktail or wine that has a special price and I much admit that our family did partake of several of the specials, getting them and having them served beachside every afternoon was part of what makes this kind vacation extra special. So, keep in mind that T&C is not a cheap destination, so go there, take some extra cash and relax and enjoy! We ate at several restaurants in town, the first on on Monday night was AMAZING!!!! I think it was called Coyiaba, I feel deeply in love with their conch bisque! All of the restaurants we went to were good, but all ended up being expensive. We also attended a local fish fry they have at the park next to the resort property. It is just a quick walk up the beach. Some great food, I would suggest going to the Froggy's tent and getting the conch salad! Yummmmy! They have lots of local food vendors and some local artisans as well. Lots, and lots of cold beverags. It is quite a mix of locals and tourists getting together. My whole family had a great time. That night was our cheapest meal. Just be prepared and bring more money than you think you will need for incidentals. Bring sunscreen of your own, please make note of the fave that you cannot fly with the dry sprays, the rules say they could over heat and cause the plane to blow up. So, I thought, no problem we will get it there...yes we got it....for $20 to $25 a bottle. You can get it cheaper at the IGA, they say, but that is $20 taxi ride. It is just an expensive place.
Now for the very, very best part of the entire experience. The staff, from the front desk, to the security guard, pool staff, some of my favorites from staff were the bartender in the Stelle, he is very friendly and was able to make what ever concoction my son could pull on his iphone. Plus, his Sangria, oh my, I wish I had a fridge full now, is so fresh and good and cool. The hostess at the Stelle was very kind when putting up with my husbands chats! She was very patient, pleasant and welcoming! Now, to my friends at the beach! These gentleman work so hard for us guests and they do it with a smile and a song and some dancing. They are they best! I did find one thing at this resort that I was not expecting. You can rent the lovely round beach beds, which I had originally planned on doing, I did not do at all. No, they are very comfortable, as are the other chairs that are available, but the very best ones are the little short beach chairs that you can drag down to the water and sit in it as deep as you are comfortable to and just let the amazing water wash all your cares away. The staff is very hardworking and friendly. If you have any issues they will do their best to make sure you are happy. It is a dream vacation place I know we will be back! I can't wait. Don't stress it, just take lots of cash and go with the flow! We did and we are all happier and more relaxed for it!

Room Tip: I always like renting a corner unit usually on the side where the sun rises so we don't have the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Hope C
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Hope C,

Thank you for the exceptional review. We're pleased your experience was incredible from check-in to check-out. We're also glad your entire family was beyond satisfied with our amenities, from our private balcony to our beachside dining. Our team works hard to provide amazing service and we're thrilled you felt well-taken care of. It's great you had a chance to try a plethora of the island's restaurants, especially Stelle’s mouthwatering cuisine. We're truly elated you had a fantastic visit and we can't wait for your next trip.

Jessica, Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our checklist for a great honeymoon hotel was:
-No kids (or few kids on the property)
-excellent service
-Modern Decor (boutique hotel style)
-Secluded location
-beautiful beach

The Gansevoort checked all of these boxes and so much more! Upon arrival we were welcomed with a cocktail and cold towel. Throughout our entire stay, the staff was VERY attentive and nice. By the end of the week, many knew our names and would check up on our activities. The staff knew we were on our honeymoon, and we had a bottle of rose waiting for us in our room when we arrived.

The pool and beach were spectacular and the property was immaculate. We enjoy the beach more than the pool, so we spent the majority of our time there. The beach staff was wonderful and prepared our beach chairs each day. We never had to wait long for drinks or service while on the beach. We enjoyed the complementary snorkel gear and water activities! The beach in front of the hotel is probably the prettiest on the island. It is wide (some hotels have very small beach areas) and has some small fish and rays for snorkeling opportunities.

We stayed in a beach view room to save a bit of money, but we were not disappointed. Our room was perfect for us and the rain shower was a nice perk. Our beach view was beautiful and because it was so hot, we didn't really spend that much time on the patio, so this was a smart money saver. The room looks exactly like the website; however, I think it's better in person!

The breakfast each morning was one of our favorite parts of the hotel. It was delicious and had many options. We ate it seven mornings in a row and never tired of it.

The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect. It is on the end of Grace Bay, so there is only one hotel to its right. The beach was not crowded and we requested the umbrella on the end, so we felt like we were very secluded. Another perk to the location is on Thursdays there is a local fish fry right next door in the park. Additionally, Bright Reef is only about a 5 min walk on the beach. It is a great snorkel spot and it's very nice that it's walking distance from the hotel.

We would definitely recommend The Gansevoort for a honeymoon or vacation. It is a super romantic hotel with every amenity you could need or want.

4 Thank Emily B
Dear Emily B,

Thank you for the wonderful review and congratulations! Turks and Caicos can be quite romantic and we're glad your expectations were far surpassed. We’re delighted our complimentary treats and attentive service made your honeymoon even more special. It's fantastic you had the opportunity to try our water activities and explore the Caribbean's ocean life. It was a pleasure having you and we're elated your trip was nothing short of amazing. We're wishing you the best of luck in this new chapter and we hope to have you again soon.

indy
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We decided to take a week without the kids and go to a beach destination. There are tons of options in Turks but nothing compared to the Gansevoort. We hotel hoped a lot and there were several nice ones but for an adult type atmosphere (meaning quiet and relaxing) this place was the best. Service, food, room was unreal. Will stay there again for sure. The only thing we would put on our wish list would be a small coffee shop but other than that, no complaints at all.

3 Thank Indy01
Dear Indy01,

Thank you for the stellar review. We're pleased your Caribbean getaway was incredible and we're thrilled you plan to stay with us again. Your compliments mean a lot to us and we're happy you found us to be the island's best hotel. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the coffee shop and we will be sure to relay your message to the rest of our team. It was lovely having you and we can't wait for your next visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place was LOVELY. So nice, relaxing, quiet and 5 star service. The staff was so nice. Our room was fantastic. The pool and beach amenities were awesome. It was VERY quiet until a couple of families showed up on Thursday with their 7-10 year old children who thought our pool pod and the pool was their playground running around and yelling at the top of their lungs. The staff handled it very well. I do believe this should be advertised for a place to only bring small children or adults. This isn't really designed for kids 6-13. Its supposed to be a calming, relaxing boutique hotel, not a playground at Beaches. This didn't take away from our amazing vacation though. The hotel is pretty far from the center of town - taxis were $16+ tip down there. This was fine though, it was relaxing, upscale and quiet. They included a nice breakfast every morning and we had everything we needed. Would 100% stay there again when we return to T&C. The people were fantastic. My massage from Exhale was awesome - had a 50 min Swedish from Tameka.

Thumbs up and definitely recommend!

1 Thank rmb1234
Dear rachel b,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It was a pleasure having you and we're thrilled you enjoyed our exceptional service. We welcome all types of guests at our resort. We apologize you were inconvenienced at the pool by family vacationers, but we're pleased it did not deter you from your amazing experience. We’re also glad you loved our features, and we'd have to agree, lounging beachside is certainly an ideal way to spend the day. It's wonderful you had a chance to experience an Exhale Spa massage, as they're incredibly relaxing. We appreciate your kind words and we'll be sure to relay them to Tameka and the rest of our devoted team. We're excited you plan on visiting us again and we look forward to having you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family just returned from an unbelievable week long stay at the Gansevoort Turks + Caicos. From the very beginning, we felt welcomed and the staff seemed eager to please. After a long travel day, we arrived at this glorious place, thirsty and tired. We were greeted by a lovely attendant who welcomed us with tropical drinks and a warm, "We've been expecting you!". In short, the service was excellent in my opinion. The staff was friendly and attentive, always asking us if there was anything we needed. We were there with our children (20, 18, 17 ) celebrating our 25th anniversary. The champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were an added touch that made the start of our vacation very special. What I liked about the hotel was that it was perfect for our family's needs. It is supposedly the most romantic and sexiest hotel on the island, and it did not disappoint. I was looking for a hotel that was beautiful and spa-like, relaxing, and not overly crowded. It was serene... Our kids are older so we didn't need the hustle and bustle of a "family" resort. With this being said, I didn't want a place that felt secluded either or remote. The Gansevoort sits at the end of Grace Bay away from most of the other resorts ( Grace Bay is small though... maybe a 5 min drive to those resorts ). This makes it quiet and relaxing however my kids were never bored - Enjoyed sailing on the Hobie Cat, paddle boarding, and snorkeling ( free of charge ) They provide the gear. There is also an opportunity to parasail, along with numerous activities you can schedule on your own, or through the concierge. The pool was beautiful and again, not crowded. I'm not sure how it would be the rest of the year, but this was our experience. We loved the floats provided by the hotel, which helped with the hotter temps. We booked a 2 bedroom corner suite which was perfect. Oftentimes, a room will look better online or in a brochure. This actually was better in person. It was spacious and updated - clean and so incredibly efficient ( we had a kitchen as well ) The hotel needs to add a cutting board and a pizza cutter to the amenities but other than that, it had EVERYTHING. We rented a car and the grocery store was about 5 min. away, so we were happy about that. Prices are high though... $14 for eye makeup remover. Eeks. All in all, the Gansevoort was magnificent and I highly recommend it. No hotel is perfect but they truly try to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you Gansevoort for a wonderful silver anniversary with my family. :)

Room Tip: I would imagine all the rooms are fantastic. Of course, the ones facing the beach are the best... Ho...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Bunco44
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Bunco44,

Thank you for the stellar review and happy anniversary! We're honored you chose to spend this special occasion with us and we're glad your expectations were exceeded. We strive to provide a welcoming environment and we're happy you noticed our team was genuinely thrilled to have you. We understand the importance of having activities for everyone to enjoy and we're pleased your family took advantage of our water sports. We appreciate your suggestions regarding the cutting board as well as the pizza cutter and we'll be sure to pass them along to our team. We're elated you had an amazing experience and we can't wait to have you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2014

So this was our first time in the Caribbean and my wife and I must say that the Gansevoort ruined any chance of us going to Florida for vacation ever again. The hotel has a very modern look with high end appliances and décor in the rooms. The property is located at the beginning of Grace Bay which makes it much quieter and secluded, the 2 adjacent properties are close yet far enough away that they do not impact your stay at all. Mainly couples stay at the resort with some families also, but it is very quiet and peaceful as you are spread far enough apart that you really don't impact each other. The beach is amazing, one of the best beaches on the island, as we walked up and down Grace Bay. It wide enough from a width and length perspective that you are not on top of each other as in the other resorts further down.

The hotel staff are extremely amazing from the check in process to the check out process. Wendy at Stella (their restaurant) always bright, cheery and engaging. She went out of her way to arrange a surprise birthday muffin to my wife. Lucy who makes the eggs, always a pleasure to talk too in the morning and get your day started right, Mark and the other guys out on the beach always willing to help with anything you needed at any time. Just an outstanding group of people who made the trip effortless in anything we asked for.

The food at the hotel is very nice from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Again, we had read complaints about the breakfast but did not experience any hassles at all. At some times the wait was long for your eggs (like 5-7 minutes) but honestly it never seemed a problem as Lucy always put a smile on your face when you got your turn. Lunch on the beach with drinks was always fun. Dinner was a great meal.

The activities they offer are great and are included in your rate, from paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, etc... Great beach to explore the stingrays and variety of fish from small to medium sized. Again, the water and beach are amazing and they do a great job of maintaining every aspect of the beach...

Room Tip: We upgraded to a 1 bedroom ocean front room. If you can splurge on the ocean front rooms, the views...
3 Thank Usama H
Dear Usama H,

Thank you for the incredible review. We're thrilled your experience surpassed your expectations and we appreciate your sincere compliments. Our team will be happy you had an outstanding trip and we'll be sure to inform them of your kind remarks. Feeling well cared for is important and we're glad you found us to be attentive. We're happy you enjoyed our serene ambiance and our beautiful beaches. We're also elated you had a chance to lounge on our beach beds and try a variety of our activities. On another note, we're pleased you we're fond of our cuisine and friendly cooking attendants. Sometimes a good morning smile can be just as satisfying as a delicious omelet. It was a pleasure having you and we can't wait for you to visit again soon.

nre jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful vacation at the Gansevoort. It is a luxury property that has a Miami Chic feel to it. It has one of the best and largest beaches on Grace Bay. Prior to our trip, I read all of the good and bad reviews on this property. I am happy to say that we did not experience any of the negative things mentioned in prior reviews. We stayed in an ocean front one bedroom suite. I highly recommend it. The rooms are gorgeous! It was our anniversary and the hotel had chocolate dipped strawberries and Champagne waiting in our room! What a nice touch. The balcony was wonderful to have. We used it quite a bit during our stay.

We prefer the beach over a pool and spent most of our day at the beach. I know some of the reviewers said the music at the pool was loud and overbearing. I did not find this to be true at all. Maybe the management took notice:). The beach is breathtaking. At the beach, there is WIFI, a plethora of towels, beautiful beach beds and plenty of chairs. I highly recommend the beach beds. The staff at the beach is wonderful. They quickly set up your chairs or beds with towels and a waiter is walking the beach taking orders for drinks or food. We never were at a loss to get something.

One thing I highly recommend is booking a dinner at Stelle on the BEACH. I read in one of the reviews how amazing it is and I can't say enough about it. It was one of the most incredibly romantic dining experiences EVER. (No mosquitos on the beach) Your table is set up on the sand. A string of white lights is hung above the table. A beach bed is prepared next to the table and a bonfire is raging during your meal. The wait staff is highly attentive and paced the meal perfectly. Albert was our waiter and he was the best! The food from Stelle was delicious!! We watched the sunset from our table. INCREDIBLE!! Other restaurant recommendations off the property are: Anacoana, Coco Bistro...for dinners. Somewhere Café is short walk down the beach for the best fish tacos and great for lunch. The bartenders at the Gansevoort make the best Mojitos I ever had.

Right in front of Somewhere Café is a large reef which is great for snorkeling. The Gansevoort has gear they can lend you. We brought our own snorkel and masks but borrowed fins. I don't like using other people's snorkels:).

After visiting a few of the other resorts for meals, I felt we were at the most luxurious of properties on the island. The grounds were immaculate, the rooms gorgeous and clean and the staff was very friendly and attentive.

A tip for the women...it can get breezy so be warned if you plan on packing short dresses with a lot of material. You don't want to have a Marilyn Moment if it wasn't in your plans:).

I also recommend the spa. We had a couples massage and were pleased with everything!

I highly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed. We were sad to leave but hope to return in the future!

5 Thank litt
Dear litt,

Thank you for the exceptional review and happy anniversary! We're thrilled your experience was nothing short of fantastic and we're elated you enjoyed the complimentary bubbly upon arrival. We agree, the views from the balcony are quite mesmerizing and we're glad you used it often. We're also elated you loved spending time on the beach and we're happy you had a chance to lounge on our beach beds. We offer a variety of features and our private beachside dining is definitely a guest favorite. Indulging in Stelle's delicious cuisine while taking in the beautiful scenery is an ideal way to spend an evening. We're truly pleased your trip was beyond amazing and we hope you return soon.