My wife and I visited the Gansevoort for three nights recently and could not have been happier with the resort. The rooms are spectacular, the staff was exceptionally courteous and attentive, and the grounds were spotless. The staff at the spa was wonderful as well.
The resort is definitely not a place for frat boys - relaxation and calm was the consistent tenor. The population was mostly couples, although there were a few families with amazingly(!) well-behaved children.
The food was fine - nothing spectacular. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, but not terribly varied each day. The coffee kinda stinks, but it served its purpose. Lunch at the beach bar area was pretty good - the fish tacos were good and the salads were fine as well. The pizza wasn't all that great. As is the case all over the island, the food is extremely expensive but to be expected. We had dinner at Stelle one night and thought it was good. We ate dinner at Coco Bistro (very good) and Seven (also good) the other two nights and they too were extremely expensive.
The resort, though, wasn't about the food. The beach and the pool were exceptional, and we will certainly look to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales