I never write reviews but I certainly read them for advice. Unlike most of my travels I never take the time to let others know my experience. this time is different. We arrived on a Saturday at Gansevoort (our first time in Turks) and like most of our Caribbean experiences we were just happy to be there. 1st great impression was that we were welcomed and immediately checked in (phew!) Sometimes, even the nicest resorts have a delay - not this time. We were escorted to our room which was beautiful and exceeded our expectations. This pictures from the hotels website are accurate. Just a summary about the staff, everyone was so friendly and nice - never pushy or rude. Breakfast was fabulous! Never once did we feel service was slow there, at the bar, or at lunch. The rooms were so clean, I never saw ants, bugs, crumbs, anything to cause an ounce of concern. We took the time to walk down the whole strip of GraceBay and actually visit other hotels, pools, beaches. While we both felt that at the other end had a better beach / sea view, there was no doubt that we choose the best place to stay. Our disappointment is that we only stayed 5 nights and wish we would have booked longer. I convinced my husband that we should come back this year and spoke to the manager about ideas on how to return so soon. She was extremely helpful and gave us great advice, I will be reaching out to her soon.
If you have never been to Turks - GO. The beaches are amazing, everyone speaks english, they take the US dollar, food is fabulous and clean. To those who complain about the taxi fares, the fares are a bit ridiculous - but you are on vacation in the middle of nowhere and the locals have to make money. I wish there was a way to experience the local restaurants without the $40 roundtrips, but we will have a game plan for next time. We didn't pay the $75 for a beach bed because we have a tendency to swim, walk, go to the pool, have lunch, etc. However, I wish that the hotel for give it complimentary for maybe one day of your stay. It would have been great to experience without the fee.
Cheers to Gansevoort! I appreciate the amenities, the service, the food and the perfect most beautiful caribbean experience I have ever had. I simply cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales