There is really little to complain about here...this is beautiful property with a super-easy trip from the NY area. But you'll hardly feel that you are on some removed tropical escape. You'll feel like you are in Miami. So if you like that urban/chic vibe where everyone is strutting their $300 bikinis and a bit of a party scene (during high season) then this is for you.
It's small, clean, sexy and contemporary. We went off-season in June and got an incredibly inexpensive package through Jet-Blue. The resort was so mellow in June - no one even charged us for the oversized beach couches that go for $100/day in season. It was a hilarious mix of honeymooners (at least half the guests, with ALL women reading Shades of Gray) and older sleazy types with younger arm candy babes. There seemed to be a wedding every Saturday night as when we arrived Sunday morning, the wedding crew was just heading to the airport and when we left on Thursday morning, the next wedding crew had already arrived for a series of prenuptial dinners. (Keep that in mind if you are traveling over a Saturday night.) The restaurant was fine for breakfast and they offered some core fusion classes in the morning that seemed to be really popular. We literally did nothing but lay around, swim, and eat so that was perfect for us. There was one couple with a young child at the pool and they seemed terribly out of place. There is absolutely nothing to see or do on Turks and Caicos and I would't waste time taking their ridiculous $30 cab rides to another mediocre seafood restaurant. This is NOT a place for foodies. All in all, a perfect, easy, inexpensive couples getaway for 3-4 nights. Personally, I like a more tropical and exotic beach environment like Brazil or Mexico so this wasn't my cup of tea and I wouldn't go back because it was a little too cheesy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales