“Beautiful boutique hotel”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
NYC area
“Beautiful boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We loved our first stay on Turks and Caicos and are so thrilled we chose the Gansevoort. The beach is gorgeous and the chairs are so so comfortable. The beach staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. You feel so comfortable all throughout the hotel. The staff all say hello when you pass them and the concierges were terrific about suggesting and making dinner reservations. There was never a wait for breakfast or lunch or for snorkel equipment, paddle surfboards, etc. Our room, with a balcony facing the beach, was modern and spacious enough for the 2 of us. The infinity pool is beautiful and chairs were always available. Food was good.

My only complaint...Friday night is DJ night. We were only mildly I the rested but thought we would stop by and "party" a little. Imagine our surprise when we returned from dinner to see a sign announcing DJ night with a $20 cover charge and Ladies were Free! Is this a nightclub or hotel? We are paying guests and my husband has to pay a cover to dance and enjoy the nightlife? We passed and went off to our room.

4 Thank sbfmom
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear sbfmom,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. We are delighted that we could make you feel comfortable throughout your whole stay as you happiness is our number one priority. There seems to be a misunderstanding on our cover charges. All guests of the hotel do not have to pay a cover charge if they want to enjoy DJ night. The charge applies to non-hotel guests. We sincerely apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at digital@gansevoorthotelgroup.com.

Best,
@GansevoortTC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
East Hampton, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

To all future Brides and Grooms who are thinking about a Turks and Caicos wedding, Gansevoort IS it! From the moment you arrive you are greeted with warm welcomes from the friendly and efficient staff offering cold towels and welcome Rum punch, and the most amazing vantage of the super sexy pool and breathtaking ocean view . . . an entrance you will not find at any other hotel on the island. You've just about died and gone to heaven. This is just the start of your amazing wedding experience. The buzz is you have arrived and you are THE bride and groom and everyone is trying to make your experience a dream. Our wedding was Dec. 8, 2012. We were down there for almost 2 weeks - we extended our stay a few times because leaving the island felt wrong. We had an amazing time there and wish it never ended. Our wedding was amazing and in the grand scheme of weddings, it was flawless! The staff was super accommodating, helpful, and really just wanted to make sure our experience was everything we had dreamed about. Everyone from housekeeping to the GM was exceptional.

The rooms are gorgeous, sleek and modern overlooking crystal blue water like you've never seen before. There is great attention to detail, and is exceptionally clean, and spacious. Even the least expensive room was a great room. The beds were very comfortable and turn down service was great bc they tidied up and they give you bottled water and Lindt chocolate. The bathrooms were nice with double sinks and huge shower with amazing shower head. We rented a deluxe ocean front studio and were upgraded (courtesy for brides and grooms) to the one bedroom suite. I swear I can live there. It came equipped with a full kitchen which we stocked with snacks and beverages for our guests. (We gave our guest copies of our room keys). We also rented the Penthouse which was in one word, FABULOUS! I know it is kind of pricey but, it was worth every penny! There are three huge en suite bedrooms, a big kitchen, washer/dryer, hot tub on the huge wrap around balcony. Room service was delicious. We ordered a bunch of pizza's and salads for the day of the wedding while I was attempting to fit in a nice white dress . . . always room for pizza. Breakfast, included with the room, is excellent. The friendly staff greets you with a smile every morning. There is an array of breakfast options with a live omelet station, buffet with bacon (crispy bacon too), sausage, french toast (hit or miss on moist or dry), pancakes (could use some attention), home fries - yummy, assorted pastries, cereal, yogurts, and fresh fruit. You can also request poached eggs which I gather most people do not know. There is a resident kitty who greets you too. People feed him their breakfast meats, including myself who would feed him diced turkey and ham from the omelet station and a small ramekin of milk. When we first stayed at the Gansevoort breakfast was served beachside and we loved it, sipping on coffee while looking at the water was nice but, they've since moved it to Stelle Restaurant, which is nice and delicious as well. Fish Tacos at the beach bar were super yummy. Bar drinks were delicious . . . sipping mudslides pool side was a daily favorite. The pool is incredibly nice. They have 4 pool islands which you can rent daily. The furniture is high end, comfortable and the pool service was great. The attendants were very helpful and attentive. The beach attendants were knowledgeable, hardworking, and friendly. They set you up with a beach lounge, snorkel gear and water sports. They also have great round beach beds, which also has a daily fee.

The beach is more isolated then the Grace Bay proper hotels, which is nice. The sand is powder soft and the snorkeling is amazing. Just out front of the hotel we've found huge star fish, sand dollars, conch, sting rays, sea turtles, lemon shark, barracuda, and other random fish (nothing to be afraid of, if anything they're more afraid of you). Coral Gardens Reef is a 5 minute stroll down the beach which is one of the nicest reefs we've seen with an abundant amount of marine life.

OK - back to our wedding . . . We had about 60 guests for the wedding. I did most things myself, speaking and dealing directly to vendors, etc. and had some help and guidance from Linda. I hired a planner for the day of to help everything go smoothly. We had a gorgeous beach day. The ceremony was on the beach set up with a 2 post Chuppa and white chairs, provided by The Gansevoort. We hired DJ Williams to set up his speakers and wireless microphone down at the beach so our guest could hear us during the ceremony and also for the music we walked to. We had a champagne toast on the beach following the ceremony and then moved the party poolside for our cocktail hour. It was set up with high top cocktail tables and a satellite bar. We had 2 pool islands set up with couches for lounging. For dinner we moved over to Stelle and sat under the trellis outdoors. The tables were gorgeous. We had long banquet style tables set up with burlap runners, white table cloths, tons of votives and a few flower arrangements on each tables. We didn't go all out with flowers because they are very costly on the Island. The wedding planner we hired for the day of coordination rented us some of our decor and made our hydrangea flower arrangements for the tables. Our dance floor was set up outdoors in Stelle. The Gansevoort strung lights above and we danced the night away. We moved our wedding festivities to the penthouse for an after party. The servers/bartenders that were sent up to keep things tidy and serve drinks were extremely helpful. We had late night snacks brought up to the penthouse and it was delicious! We would give anything to relive our wedding weekend.

A special thanks to the following:

Linda Cangro who at the time I signed my contract was the wedding coordinator but, I believe she is only on the Food and Bev side of the wedding planning now was very helpful. I met her in NYC and she was able to get a feel for what we wanted and who we are. She was extremely helpful throughout our stay and especially during the ceremony and reception. She paid great attention to detail and made sure I was ok. Throughout the planning she followed up and tried to get everything in order for me. If I were to get married again, which my husband and I wish on a daily basis that we could do it over and over, I would hire Linda as my wedding coordinator. She really cared that everything was perfect and she wasn't just there bc she had to be and was getting paid to be there.

Stephen Garland - F & B manager was amazing and so helpful and instrumental in making sure everything was perfect. He made sure every detail that I had concern for was taken care of from the lights to pouring me and my bridal party shots on our way down to the beach. I was very grateful for all of his efforts and hard work. He even set us up with a gorgeous romantic dinner on the beach on our last night. We enjoyed seeing him everyday.

Matthew Doerner - Chef of Stelle restaurant. Great Chef, super accomodating, hardworking, and Delicious! I ended up speaking directly to Matthew bc I was not 100% on any of the options that were being given to me and going through a third party is not always effective. After we chatted and got to know each other he sent me an amazing menu. We flew down for a tasting before our wedding which exceeded our expectations and it did not fall short at the wedding. Our family and friends were in love with the food! The only complaint I got when I followed up with guests was that there wasn't enough food brought out during cocktail hour. I did ask during the cocktail hour where all the food was bc I noticed it was lagging and the wedding day coordinator that I hired (Teresa Brunner) told me there was plenty of food and pointed to a tray going by. All in all I had 3 of the 6 hor'dourves from the menu - Spring rolls, Mushroom Pizza, Beetroots, Tuna crudo, Conch salad and Prosciutto and Mozzarella Involtini. (Please note that most of my guest are huge foodies and would notice things like that). Our dinner menu was a buffet and it had 48 hour marinated Skirt Steak, Grilled Lobster tails with 3 accompanying sauces, Red Snapper with a red curry sauce, and Jerk Chicken as the main proteins. Everything was delicious. The Yuzu Hollandaise that was served with the lobster was to die for. Our Sides were Truffled Cauliflower - Super yummy, Lobster Truffled Mac n cheese - a crowd favorite, broccolini, Tuscan potatoes, rice, and a few salads - chick pea with carrots, caprese, and a beet salad. (The salads were the least favorite of the guests - not that they were bad just, not WOW as most of the other food was.

Jean-Francois Tremblay - The guest services manager was simply a delight. He made you feel special and important. No matter where he was headed to he'd always stop to chat and make sure you were enjoying your stay and everything was good. He was always eager to help, no matter what the task. At one point I had a bag of food in my hand that I wanted to give a guest and he took it and delivered it for me. He is 5 star service.

All in all we had an amazing wedding experience and would highly recommend it for a wedding venue or for a relaxing vacation. We're looking forward to our next trip down which cannot come soon enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank luv2eat29
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Like I said in my title, this hotel is almost there. For a luxury hotel charging the prices they do they are certainly lacking amenities that a hotel like the Regent Palms would offer for the price. The rooms are nice and modern if you don't have a suite they are small. The food is good all around lunch is great however, its expensive. Additionally, the space lunch is served in isn't to visually appealing. It's a tent! I mean for a luxury hotel to have such a temporary looking lunch area is a little strange especially when this is something you see from your balcony, it's an eye soar. The deck should be extended and covered with something more permanent looking. The staff is great, very nice and approachable. My favorites were Jason, Robert, and Bindi on the beach Claudia in the Restaurant. I had a great vacation here just think there are a lot of things missing that separate this hotel from similarly priced luxury hotels

Room Tip: Lower than the second floor you may be blocked by trees. Ground floor has no privacy but then again...
4 Thank Ryan F
Salamanca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a superb hotel with exciting modern architecture, an infinity pool surrounded by palm trees, a first class restaurant, and excellent exercising facilities. It is located some 50 meters from Grace Bay which has wonderful silver sand and locals claim it is number one in the world. It is a beautiful crescent shape and it takes over an hour to walk its length. The hotel has beach staff who place your loungers and umbrellas.
The management and staff at the Gansevoort are charming and efficient and it must be one of the finest beach hotels in the world. It is also excellent for weddings which is why I went there; they take place on the beach where the bride doesn't walk up the aisle but slides up the soft sand with her bridesmaids to meet her beau!

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea front positions but side rooms have delightful terraces with sea views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the gansevoort for our mini-moon after our wedding. We had a great time. The property is so beautiful and the staff is extremely helpful. We absolutely loved our room (studio with an ocean view). We would definitely go back for a mini getaway!

Room Tip: I would definitely choose the ocean view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is a beautiful property on a stunning beach and is really the definition of picture-perfect. (My family thought all of our pictures came straight out of a travel brochure!) However, we all know that nothing is perfect in this life, and that includes this property.

Pros:
- Shuttle service waiting as soon as you arrive at the airport; non-complicated
- Reception waiting with cool towels and complimentary rum punch upon arrival; very nice
- Tour of the room and luggage delivery was spot-on
- Rooms are amazing and comfortable for relaxing and lounging around; the bed is unlike anything we have ever slept on and it was like being trapped in a sleep bubble...the thing would just suck you back in to blissful sleep...amazing
- View is unparalleled
- Grounds were clean and well-kept everywhere you went
- Drinks at the beachside bar were tasty
- Housekeeping was great, to include an evening turndown service where they delivered bottled water and Lindt chocolates
- Concierge assisted with restaurant reservations and a deep-sea fishing charter. A finalized itinerary was delivered to our room to confirm dates/times/places, which was nice.
- Beach is incredible and not crowded by any stretch of the imagination. Walk down about a mile to Beaches and you will see what sardines in a can look like (200 people packed onto a 10 foot wide beach). Best sand you will find anywhere and the water is as clear and gorgeous as can be.

Cons:
- Food on the property was ok to good (not great) and a pretty limited menu depending on the time of day you were dining. Dealt with a few messed up orders while eating at the bar (room service was always right on). Stelle is closed on Sunday and Monday so your only option is the Beachside Bar or room service. While this might seem to be a small inconvenience, you have to remember that the hotel is isolated from everything else, so you don't have a lot of options unless you leave the property completely and take a taxi into town (which is not a bad thing, but something people should be aware of). Breakfast, while free (a positive by itself!), is the same items each day and is similar to most hotel-provided continental breakfasts you see in the States, with the exception that they have an eggs to order station where you can get omelets, etc. It was decent, but not wow.
- Service. Not quite top-notch yet. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice and pleasant, but in an almost rehearsed, blase way. It did not seem genuine in the majority of cases (there are a few standouts, of course, so it was not all bad, but in general, it was so-so) and the property is not immune to the pitfalls of island-time, especially with food and beverage service. I would say the vibe of the property is laid-back, but that ends up defining the service as well, which is not what it should be. I'm not someone that needs to have people fawning over my every move (can't stand that), but if I'm paying top dollar to stay here, I shouldn't have to chase someone down for my food/drinks (and deal with messed up orders more than once) and the bill afterwards.

We enjoyed our visit and had a relaxing time. Just a few tweaks and this place will be on par with the best.

Room Tip: Corner suite with full-on ocean view
8 Thank Jessica C
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We reserved a Luxury Oceanfront Studio Terrace but were upgraded to a one bedroom on check-in. The room was on the third floor. If you can stay on a high floor the view is better. No indication that noise was a problem anywhere and nearly all of the rooms have a great ocean view. We were in room 1309 - spectacular view and room! Electronic window blinds, two TVs (one you can watch from the free standing, ceiling filling bath tub!). Large walk-in shower with room for two or three and hand shower as well as wonderful rain shower. Full kitchen with everything you would need to cook (colander, pots, pans, knives, trivets, etc.). Coffee and tea maker in the room. The staff is knowledgeable, and unlike many Caribbean Islands where they seem to resent your presence, by and large the many people working at the Gansevoort were extremely friendly, smiling, and generally tourist friendly. Breakfast was the same everyday but overall excellent.

Saw very few kids so seems to be more of a couples place. Indeed there were a lot of well-heeled young couples from New York and California and fewer older folks.

We rented a car and the concierge and front desk did everything to make it as easy as possible, including calling Avis at the airport and asking that we be allowed to leave the car at the terminal. The food was outstanding, both at the restaurant and beach side cafe (Stelle Co. which I think was not associated with the hotel).

For us what was amazing was that a mere 100 yards down the beach was the Bight Reef some of the best snorkeling (if not the best) we have ever experienced.

It is very rare that we travel back to the same hotel/resort but the Gansevoort was so outstanding that we are already talking about coming back next year.

Room Tip: Higher floor will give a better view - ocean front luxury to us was well worth the price - we got up...
1 Thank TravelsFarAndWisely