Wonderful stay. Booked this hotel after research on this site. Wanted something small, chic, boutique"y" and this hit the spot. We were celebrating a special anniversary and wanted something romantic. We were not disappointed. Check in was smooth and the lobby/pool area is just as in the pictures - beautiful! We stayed for 6 nights in a Oceanfront (3rd floor) room. Great clean room, huge balcony which we enjoyed most mornings. I loved the rainhead shower. Had a kitchenette which was nice to store cold drinks and snacks we picked up from the grocery. Complimentary champagne awaited us in our room after check in (nice touch from the manager for our anniversary). Staff was very helpful throughout our stay. We enjoyed the fact that October is slow season, so the first part of our stay the hotel was only 50% full. This made it easy to get prime beach/pool chairs and lots of attention from the concierge (who was AWESOME!). Although even the last few days of our stay (which was much busier at the hotel) we had little trouble finding a pleasant place to lounge. We rented a car for 4/6 days we were there so we able to get off property to eat and shop at the local grocery and explore the island. I think that made the relatively remote location of this hotel (which is farther from dining options and the center of the bustle of most hotels) much easier to bear. I highly recommend renting a jeep - we saw parts of the island I wouldn't have otherwise known exisited.
Breakfast at the hotel was nice - lots of fresh fruit and an omelet bar - and most importantly - good coffee. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant "Stelle" twice. Once Beachside - where they serve meals Sunday and Monday nights evidently and once in the tranditional restaurant near the pool. At the beachside location the view of the ocean/setting sun was awesome....food was average. We also ate at the poolside location at Stelle later in our stay. I was really craving a burger that evening - which was not on the menu (it is much more upscale than "burger"). But i asked if they could make me one before we were seated - and they did. Burger was delicious and service was also great. I appreciated the gesture.
We also booked a great deal on the room....every third night free, which made the pricey room a little easier to justify.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales