“Great way to run a business”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Outback

Ocean Outback
Ranked #27 of 92 Tours in Providenciales
Vernon, Canada
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great way to run a business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We really wanted to do Capt Bill's pirate caves tour, but unfortunately it only goes on Weds, our travel days! Howev, he did his utmost to set up an alternative trip that wouldn't cost the earth as private charters do. We didn't get to go this time, but I was certainly impressed with his efforts and the way he kept us informed of what was happening. I can't wait to go next time!

Visited January 2012

outside of chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A tour different then all the rest, a REAL adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Ok so the boat is old (I saw ants), the captain is a little crazy and the taxi forgot us, BUT this tour should not be missed for these reasons:

1. You get to see another part of the island for one of the cheaper tour rates (only other option is a $700 private charter). 2. There are surprises around every corner *I'm not telling all but let me say this tour got better as it went on. 3. The other tours do the same blah iguana island, this guy takes you to a huge sandbar where we found the most amazing shells. 4. We saw REAL pirate carvings, this amazed both my 7 and 5 year old AND my husband. 5. This was the only place on Provo we saw HUGE sea stars, we got awesome pictures. 6. The captain has a huge heart and a silly sense of humor, he makes sure everyone is well fed and entertained.
* So a word of caution: The captain is a risk taker so it's a bit of an adventure. I went with a 7, 5, and 3 year old and we had a blast. At first we were forgotten, although I prearranged a taxi with him, he apologized and got us there on time.. but I would recommend calling his cell to reconfirm the taxi in the morning. Also, you will be climbing a ladder, I carried my 3 year old and it was a bit of a feat. You are essentially balancing on a cliff with holes to see the carvings (I wore flip flops but it's not recommended). Also, at the end he left us at the beach waiting for the taxi so be sure to bring a cell phone to call him in the case the taxi doesn't show up (ours did and we had fun waiting so it wasn't an issue).

On a side note: The negative review in here from the girls was from 2 very drunk and vomiting ladies who were probably too hungover to remember the trip in its entirety. I'm pretty sure their review hurt the captains feelings as all he wants is for everyone to have a good time. He's living his dream and he is proud of his accomplishments as he should be.

*Check out my pictures, they are the best ones from all the excursions we did and we did a lot!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank atoyac01
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thanksgiving 2011”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We spent Thanksgiving day onboard with Capt. Bill, Moni & Max. All seven of us had a great time. Me, the wife, two kids (8 & 12), two grandmas ( 60 & 72) and a sister in-law. Stopped in some great spots, kept the trip interesting with some good comedy, cooked up some great lunch and served up some good island rum punch. I have done a number of excursions on on/off the water in Provo over the past ten years and this ranks up as one of the better ones. Needs some good tunes and a rope swing off/diving platform on the boat and no one would want to leave.

Visited November 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“View from "cave" is gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Once we finally got out on this tour, it was fantastic. The weather wasn't cooperating, but Captain Bill did keep in touch with us to finally get the trip scheduled. We also had some hiccups with transportation provided (for a fee), but that can happen anywhere.
The snorkel area is somewhat out in the open near what he called Turtle Rock, but I felt secure out there with the other snorkelers and Captain Bill kept an eye on everyone from the boat. There wasn't a lot of current or anything to make you uncomfortable. The water was pretty churned up the day we went, but when it's clear I bet it makes for some great snorkeling.
The pirate cave was pretty neat and the view from the top was gorgeous although not for the faint of heart or anyone scared of heights.
At the end of the trip we went to our own private beach too play in the calm water and collect sea shells. The beach was beautiful and the food was great. Captain Bill served chicken and hot dogs along with some chips and coleslaw. The rum punch didn't suck either!
We'd do it again for sure.

Visited November 2011
Orange County, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Captain Bill and Monique were awesome! My husband snorkeled and said it was the best he'd ever seen!! The food was to die for and the Rum punch was excellent!! The best part was the end when we went to the most beautiful beach! It streched for miles!! And the pirate cove was cool too!! We saw turtles, starfish, and all kinds of other sea creatures!! Would definitly do it again!!

Visited August 2011