“Nice spot on the beach but probably best for a lunch, not dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Flamingo Cafe

The Flamingo Cafe
Ranked #57 of 144 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice spot on the beach but probably best for a lunch, not dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner one night last month. It was not busy at all due to it being off season. They didn't have some of the selections on the menu which was a bit disappointing but we were happy with what we ordered. It was pitch black out when we got there (walked on the beach from our resort at Ocean Club West)...which turned out to be quite a long walk at night. It was a nice spot but I would suggest it for a lunch as you would have a spectacular view off the beach and can walk right up from it. Very casual. I think it would be more fun in the prime season as it definitely had that quiet and not really "into" it sort of vibe, but we found that to be the case in more than one spot on the island for that time of year. The food was good and friendly service. Give it a shot for a cocktail or lunch if you're strolling down Grace Bay Beach!

1 Thank RunawayBayBride11710

Westminster
“Great little waterfront restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Club Resort which is right next door to this delightful restaurant. I tried the curried grouper for dinner and loved it. Then I tried the conch salad which they make with red peppers and jalapenos (all finely diced). The salad was so good that I had to come back two days later just to have it again! I talked to other people at my resort who own condos there and come to TCI 4+ times per year and they all said they go to the Flamingo every time they come to the island. The only negative thing I would say is that they need to get better signage so more people can find this little gem!

Newcastle, Washington
“Idyllic setting, fresh fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Flamingo Cafe is located just east of Club Med, right on the beach. It has a perfect view of Grace Bay. With a no window patio it is the perfect setting for a late lunch or early dinner. After eating average at best meals at Club Med for three days, we were ready for a real meal.

I ordered the conch ceviche and the grouper fillet. The conch ceviche was prepared expertly. It was cured in lime juice the perfect amount of time. There was no degredation of the meat. The peppers, onions and tomatoes complimented it very well. I ordered the grouper grilled. Flamingo Cafe prepares it 5 different ways, but I am a purist. The fish was fresh and it was cooked to perfection. It came with grilled green and red peppers on top. This was a nice touch, it did not overpower the grouper at all. The fish melted in my mouth. I can still taste it. For those that like sides, they also serve salad or fries and rice with beans with your dish.

The only reason why this is not receiving 5 stars, is that the beer selection was poor. However, they do keep what they have nice and icy cold.

1 Thank Jefe13
“Nice Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Spent a couple of nice afternoons in this place. Food very good and quite reasonable on what is an expensive island. Have a good selection of fish, burgers and some local dishes. The service is good more importantly the beers are cold and the view is unbelievable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kevin H
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly my favorite meal on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I can vouch that the curry grouper is fantastic at this unassuming location. I was initially put off as it is a beach shack but the view of the sunset is awesome and the food was really good. A great deal for Provo. We were one of two tables on a Friday night in low season, the service was great. However they did run out of the red wine after my 1st glass :(. It is cheap for Provo where dinners within local/beach shacks for two with a few drinks seem to cost about $80(that was approx our bill). Highly recommend! This was my 3rd time to Provo and mad that I missed it my first two visits!

• Visited October 2013