“Good food every time!”

Somewhere Cafe And Lounge
Ranked #14 of 144 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Somewhere… Cafe and Lounge: a relaxing beach cafe/lounge serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Tex-Mex Theme. From the second floor guest enjoy a 180 degree view of the crystal blue water and white sand beaches. Live entertainment, good food, and beverages in a “one of a kind” location.
Tampa, Florida
“Good food every time!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed at Windsong and visited this place a few times. Great food every time. We had nachos, burgers, fajitas all delicious. Live music in the evenings too.

Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very fun restaurant - great setting”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very fun restaurant right on the beach. Beautiful sunset views. Food was good and reasonably priced. Live music was excellent and worth the trip. Best restaurant we visited on the island.

“"Snorkel, Eat, Drink"”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Just spent the last week of July in TCI. Ate at a lot of restaurants but this is one we came back to again. Best fish tacos (we are from Texas) I have ever had. Also had the pulled pork tacos which were amazing. This place is right on the beach and is only a couple of hundred yards away from some of the best snorkeling we did while there. Very casual, (we went in swim suits), and was our go to place for lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Providenciales
“Know what to expect...”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

So my husband and I are on our honeymoon, been to Somewhere once before, last summer, it came on high recommendation from our good friends who visit this place several times during their weeklong vacation in the winter months. They love this place. We did not.
Difference is, they go for a quick lunch and because it's a good long walk from where they stay. We went to try and eat dinner one night, I think we arrived shortly after sunset as it was dark out. This place is excellent for a nighttime bar atmosphere, a few drinks, maybe a one course meal, or something like that, sort of in and out is probably best here. The live music, let me say, is fantastic, and makes it much more enjoyable as an experience overall. The girl playing on Tuesday this week was phenomenal, great voice, nice songs, she probably made the experience seem better than it otherwise would have.
I see other reviewers have been by and large happy with the service, but out waitress was not established (as to who was actually waiting on us) specifically until halfway through the meal, we were served drinks and the first part of our order was taken by one waitress who was very nice and kind, she smiled and told me to take my time, etc, and then half of our order was taken by another waitress who clearly did not like us, she seemed irritated with the fact that it took two tries to take the order, and that I had the gall to ask for a side salad with my chicken fajitas.
We had tried the fish ceviche last summer, liked it, and ordered it again, albeit the waitress mixup, and it arrived along with my husbands steak fajitas, when we had clearly wanted said ceviche as an appetizer. So then, about five minutes into the ceviche, with his food getting cold, along comes my side salad, then 5 minutes later my fajitas. Probably my bad for trying to order an app, a salad, then a dinner with a place that clearly doesn't do courses or even well-timed single orders, but I could not shake the feeling that we were being pushed out, even though there were no new people coming in, so it couldn't have been that we were taking up a table all night. Who knows, maybe she had a bad night?
To make matters worse, after our waitress saw that I was pretty much bent on finishing my meal, she proceeded not to refill drinks, and then double, triple checked to make sure I was totally done even after I had totally cleaned my plate. It was like she was making fun of me for eating all that food? I'm tiny, so it was probably kind of a spectacle, but sheesh, who needs that on vacation let alone their honeymoon?!
Have lots of empathy for the food service industry, used to work in it, but no matter how good the food was here, and it wasn't amazing or anything, just standard fresh cooked beachy-Mexican, I don't know that I am okay with our experience. It just made us both quite uncomfortable to be treated like that despite our large check and subsequent large tip too. I won't compare local culture to the service one would get at a US restaurant, but I know that you wouldn't last a week treating customers like that in the states.

1 Thank Allison H
Mahwah, New Jersey
“AMAZING RESTAURANT AND FABULOUS STAFF”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I have been to Provo twice and both times had to make a stop at Somewhere Cafe! Our first time was on our honeymoon. We had met another couple (also on their honeymoon) and decided to have a dinner together at Somewhere Cafe! We had the most amazing time. There was live music that night, staff was just so friendly, and food was fantastic!

We just returned from Provo on August 4 and the one restaurant I insisted on returning to was Somewhere Cafe! Upon arrival, my husband noticed that the menu stated they did not take AMEX. This is not great news considering all we took from our resort was our AMEX (15 minute cab ride away). We had already ordered guacamole and chips and 2 drinks. We asked the waitress if they could accept AMEX, but unfortunately they could not.

Not 2 minutes later, the manager, SARAH, walks over to our table and offers to personally drive us to our resort to get our Visa and then drive us back to the restaurant. I usually wouldn't take anyone up on an offer like this because it is just a total nuisance, but I was so dead set on eating at the restaurant again that we did. SARAH drove us back to Villa Renaissance, my husband ran in to our room to get our credit card, and she drove us back. I honestly couldn't believe what a kind soul she was!!!

So, not only is the food great, they have the most amazing and kind staff! Anytime we travel back to Provo, we will DEFINITELY have at least one meal at this restaurant!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!